The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Larkin
Sucks

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by Larkin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am

Louise now pushing a conspiracy theory involving the Alfa Bank server and Cambridge Analytica. Hmhh... She now has 220k followers.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Larkin wrote:Louise now pushing a conspiracy theory involving the Alfa Bank server and Cambridge Analytica. Hmhh... She now has 220k followers.
None of the reputable Twitter people are commenting on her new theory. From Thursday's Friday's Senate Intelligence Committee hearing I'm under the impression that the voting rolls may be connected to social media propaganda created in Russia that was microtargetted to voters in key states. I'm not sure that voting rolls would have to be illegally hacked because they can be lawfully purchased.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Possibly/likely tangential connection to Wikipedia: A Louise Mensch Twitter follower, @conspirator0, noted in mid-March
Spectrum Health IP has a wikipedia edit history that ends the same day connections to the Trump Tower server start.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... 7.73.110.8
(archive)
Mensch responded affirmatively to that today (archive).

Here are the IP's Wikipedia edits: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/167.73.110.8&offset=&limit=500&target=167.73.110.8. It certainly looks like this IP was used for paid editing of Spectrum Health-related Wikipedia content at least from 2007 through 2016. The IP hasn't made further Wikipedia edits since it began communicating with the server that was apparently in Trump Tower which was also connecting to the Alfa Bank server which was apparently in Russia.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 am

Flip Flopped wrote:Possibly/likely tangential connection to Wikipedia: A Louise Mensch Twitter follower, @conspirator0, noted in mid-March
Spectrum Health IP has a wikipedia edit history that ends the same day connections to the Trump Tower server start.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... 7.73.110.8
(archive)
Mensch responded affirmatively to that today (archive).

Here are the IP's Wikipedia edits: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/167.73.110.8&offset=&limit=500&target=167.73.110.8. It certainly looks like this IP was used for paid editing of Spectrum Health-related Wikipedia content at least from 2007 through 2016. The IP hasn't made further Wikipedia edits since it began communicating with the server that was apparently in Trump Tower which was also connecting to the Alfa Bank server which was apparently in Russia.

Yes. All that Spectrum Health business is very curious. I'll have a look at those Wikipedia edits next few days. The Alfa Bank server was communicating with Spectrum Health's server located somewhere where Spectrum Health is located and not at the Trump Tower? Think that's right?

It will be amusing if Wikipedia is subpoenaed to give up IP info about some of their suspect editors. I wonder how they would react? Or perhaps there's some behind the scenes process we don't hear about. And then again i dare say US intel have compliant checkusers. Bbb23 for example?

Added: That IP actually is the Spectrum Health server. Quite a few reverts at the Talk page for "unconstructive" edits, this for example on "cauliflower ear". I see COI editing rather than paid. I'll look all the way through the contribution history to see what I can glean. Should be finished by tomorrow and will report back.

Added inconsequentially:

A children's round:

Life is butter, life is butter
Melancholy flower, melancholy flower,
Life is but a melon, life is but a melon
CAULIFLOWER!

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:56 am

Larkin wrote:Yes. All that Spectrum Health business is very curious. I'll have a look at those Wikipedia edits next few days. The Alfa Bank server was communicating with Spectrum Health's server located somewhere where Spectrum Health is located and not at the Trump Tower? Think that's right?
I do not know, but my impression is that AlfaBank and Spectrum Health both had servers that were connecting to a server in Trump Tower.

Larkin wrote:It will be amusing if Wikipedia is subpoenaed to give up IP info about some of their suspect editors. I wonder how they would react? Or perhaps there's some behind the scenes process we don't hear about. And then again i dare say US intel have compliant checkusers. Bbb23 for example?
I have no idea if it would be easier to gain checkuser data via hacking or via a friendly checkuser. I cannot imagine an intelligence asset of the US being willing to play the Wikipedia game long enough to become a checkuser. Maybe they pay off someone in India who has the patience to deal with wiki-inanity. :)

Larkin wrote:Added: That IP actually is the Spectrum Health server. Quite a few reverts at the Talk page for "unconstructive" edits, this for example on "cauliflower ear". I see COI editing rather than paid. I'll look all the way through the contribution history to see what I can glean. Should be finished by tomorrow and will report back.
Someone on Mensch's Twitter timeline mentioned that it might have been an unprotected wifi spot. If so, multiple people could have used the same IP.

You're quite right that it looks like COI editing by someone working for Spectrum Health. That is different than direct paid editing in many respects.

Edited to add: Here's the tweet (archive) with the timestamps of the AlfaBank and Spectrum Health IPs. I think they are meant to be connecting with a server in Trump Tower at those times. Is that incorrect?

The third tweet down in that series shows Mensch passing along someone's comment about hourly database replication being possible. In some tweet in Mensch's timeline yesterday someone, maybe Mensch, mentioned it would be possible for the AlfaBank server to replicate database updates on the Trump Tower server each hour then the Spectrum Health server would receive those updates from the Trump Tower server. It's conjecture, but it's interesting.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 am

According to Keith Olbermann, Trump is freaking about the Russian Connection:

A better example than Trump of an angry guy, Cameron Mitchell.....yeah, he's an actor, but he was drunk in half of this:

The genius RedLetterMedia crew looking at the first two films Deadly Prey and Terror in Beverly Hills:

Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Yay result!: Wikipedia user 'Sk-Gorka' edited info about WH aide Sebastian Gorka's gun charge (per CNN).

Don't know if this was your posts or mine Flip, but the forum can pat itself on the back over it I think. Well done all of us, and lets hope the story gains momentum.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Larkin wrote:Yay result!: Wikipedia user 'Sk-Gorka' edited info about WH aide Sebastian Gorka's gun charge (per CNN).

Don't know if this was your posts or mine Flip, but the forum can pat itself on the back over it I think. Well done all of us, and lets hope the story gains momentum.
That CNN piece is a good start. Unfortunately, CNN wrote that it's unclear who removed the gun charge information from Gorka's BLP. Maybe they mean the account was an IP or a pseudonym. I do hope the Wikipedia side of this story gets further scrutiny. :)

Here's another Twitter moments timeline by Judith Kaufman: "Seb Gorka: The RISE and FALL of an 'Alpha Male'" (archive). A March 24th tweet by Marinka VanDam is towards the bottom. Looks like you're getting some recognition, Larkin. I'm glad to see your Twitter account is up and running. I'll take a look at your blog post. :)

Here's Lili Bayer's damning exclusive for the Forward "Controversial Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka Backed Violent Anti-Semitic Militia" (archive). Gorka went on Hungarian television and spoke in favor of a neo Nazi group that is linked to the racist murder of a five-year-old and others. The group appears to have been outlawed by European and Hungarian courts due to its racist platform. Here's a Twitter comment highlighting the court ruling as it appears on Wikipedia (archive).

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:That CNN piece is a good start. Unfortunately, CNN wrote that it's unclear who removed the gun charge information from Gorka's BLP. Maybe they mean the account was an IP or a pseudonym. I do hope the Wikipedia side of this story gets further scrutiny. :)

Here's another Twitter moments timeline by Judith Kaufman: "Seb Gorka: The RISE and FALL of an 'Alpha Male'" (archive). A March 24th tweet by Marinka VanDam is towards the bottom. Looks like you're getting some recognition, Larkin. I'm glad to see your Twitter account is up and running. I'll take a look at your blog post. :)

Here's Lili Bayer's damning exclusive for the Forward "Controversial Trump Aide Sebastian Gorka Backed Violent Anti-Semitic Militia" (archive). Gorka went on Hungarian television and spoke in favor of a neo Nazi group that is linked to the racist murder of a five-year-old and others. The group appears to have been outlawed by European and Hungarian courts due to its racist platform. Here's a Twitter comment highlighting the court ruling as it appears on Wikipedia (archive).

I saw that timeline by Judith Kaufman. She's excellent value.

Saw also the Lili Bayer exclusive. Damning alright. I'll have a good look later. I think Gorka has already dismissed it as a "hatchet job". He'll have to do better than that I fgancy.

Louise Mensch is now reporting her stuff as "fact". Well, we shall see. I do grow more convinced about this server business. I was fascinated to learn this latest Blackwater character is a brother of Betsy de Vos.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Done: partial archive of reports on Trump Tower, AlfaBank, and Spectrum Health servers:

October 31st Slate article by Franklin Foer, "Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?"

November 2nd Slate article by Franklin Foer, "Trump’s Server, Revisited."

March 3rd ReverbPress exclusive report by Marc Belisle, "Top Trump Financier Linked To Russian Big Data, Putin." (archive)

March 10th CNN report by Pamela Brown and Jose Pagliery, "Sources: FBI investigation continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Organization." (archive)

April 1st tweet by Ann Marlowe (@annmarlowe): (tweet, archive)

April 1st and 2nd tweets by David Carroll (@profcarroll) (tweet, archive) and (tweet, archive).

April 3rd (yesterday) blog post by @TeaPainUSA, "Data Patterns Suggest Trump Tower/Spectrum Health Ran a 'Stealth Data Machine' With Russia." (archive)

April 3rd @counterchekist tweet (archive)

Yesterday's infiniteloop Medium post pushing back against Mensch: "The fifteen craziest things Louise Mensch believes." (archive) The post contains a number of false and overblown accusations.