Mad editor disease, traceability issues.

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
sashi
Sucks Critic

Mad editor disease, traceability issues.

Post by sashi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:26 pm

It looks like Baidu has developed smart contracts for every edit using blockchain for Baike, which is apparently the Chinese giant's crowdsourced encylcopedia. (article from Coindesk)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Mad editor disease, traceability issues.

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:26 pm

I can't even begin to understand this thread title Sashi. Good read though.

Using blockchain on an open encyclopedia? And a stock photo site? Who knew that would work?

Hard to reconcile them having 15 million entries. Wikipedia only has 5, and they're nearly finished, right? I'm assuming systemic bias until told otherwise by someone who is in a position to know.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: Mad editor disease, traceability issues.

Post by sashi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 pm

The title is simple; last time I kept hearing the word traceability over and over it was during the outbreak of Mad Cow Disease. But I'll admit I was also worrying about the work camps for the mad editors identified by China's 50¢ brigade. (the produser is the product)

That linked article about cyberpuppies (leci gou) also caught my attention. I've gone over to WO to ask if Mr. Shih wants to comment on the intellectual property theft. Are the kitties patented? Does it matter? I remember in the 80s photocopied books cost around a dollar in Taiwan and that the Pineapple II+/e was all the rage in Asia.