Metapedia (the Nazi wiki) is down as of 3-25-17

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Metapedia (the Nazi wiki) is down as of 3-25-17

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 am

(A similar notice to this one was yanked down from the ProBoards version of Wikipedia Review.)
Apologies to the other board they moved it to general discussion.

Metapedia, has been down since at least yesterday. Metapedia began as a Swedish site in 2006 by Anders Lagerström of Linköping, Sweden. RationalWiki claims that Lagerström was a violent "neo-Nazi activist" and involved in the defunct Nordisk.nu web community. Within a year they had an English version, then a Hungarian version, then a Croatian one; RationalWiki* claims they have 16 foreign-language versions, and from what I can tell the Swedish and English versions are down.

I used Metapedia to research all the neo-Nazi bizarros and neo-Nazi grouplets and neo-Nazi publications that Wikipedia is too sloppy not to cover; obviously you have to read between the lines in parts, and the ranting about Jews and the general racism is ugly beyond belief.

Link to some of it, the "Holocaustianity" article: This stuff...is just awful.

Because their competition has no creativity, Rightpedia (the other Nazi wiki) has a very similar article on their site.

* Why I don't want to link to RationalWiki: https://archive.is/pLx8J

Wikipedia Sucks

Wikipedia Sucks is a forum/blog that focuses on cyberstalking and harassing Wikipedia admin and users. Many of its members are former users of Wikipedia either banned for trolling or having their edits reverted and are hence disgruntled, alongside a medley of internet kooks, pseudo-scientists and conspiracy theorists. The forum supports Rome Viharo's tin-foil hat conspiracy theory there are "organised skeptics" who control Wikipedia and the forum owner ("Strelnikov") has criticized scepticism.[1] Wikipedia Sucks also targets Rationalwiki editors.

Link to the dead board
Link to the wrong blog (they linked to Wikiderpia Sucks! out of laziness?)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: Metapedia (the Nazi wiki) is down as of 3-25-17

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 am

Huh. So Rationalwiki is hosting that article in userspace. The author never responded to someone there who asked for evidence that the forum went after Rationalwiki people.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 am

Flip Flopped wrote:Huh. So Rationalwiki is hosting that article in userspace. The author never responded to someone there who asked for evidence that the forum went after Rationalwiki people.

That is cute, seeing as how all their links are either broken or wrong. Kiwi Farms' board claims that Creationistsareloons is Oliver D. Smith (link here). It's also funny to see how RationalWikian (is that a term?) JorisEnter says this about the Wikipedia Sucks name: ''Wikipedia Sucks is a forum/blog that focuses on cybel I don't think we want any more Rome Viharo drama around here...." I guess "cybel" is his goofy term for "cyber libel" and the law doesn't even call it that, it's just libel, no matter if it's online, or in print.

Speaking of libel, this is what the original article looked like:

Wikipedia Sucks is a forum/blog that focuses on cyberstalking and harassing Wikipedia admin and users. Many of its members are former users of Wikipedia either banned for trolling or having their edits reverted and are hence disgruntled, alongside a medley of internet kooks, pseudo-scientists and conspiracy theorists. The forum supports a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory there are "organised skeptics" who control Wikipedia and the forum owner ("Strelnikov") has criticized scepticism.[1]

Wikipedia Sucks also targets Rationalwiki editors.

Supposedly there was something about Rome Viharo in the absolute first version of the article that has since vanished. We are somehow the tin-foil-hat-wearing loonies for mentioning all the problems with Wikipedia, yet they are the ones keeping the work of a known troll around because it smears us efficiently, and yet they can't provide correct links.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 am

And the depressing end: Metapedia is back.

Hopefully they will find their Operation Barbarossa shortly and be wiped from the Internet.

michaeldsuarez
Sucks

Post by michaeldsuarez » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:57 pm

Strelnikov wrote:It's also funny to see how RationalWikian (is that a term?) JorisEnter says this about the Wikipedia Sucks name: ''Wikipedia Sucks is a forum/blog that focuses on cybel I don't think we want any more Rome Viharo drama around here...." I guess "cybel" is his goofy term for "cyber libel" and the law doesn't even call it that, it's just libel, no matter if it's online, or in print.

No, that's a capital "i" (as in the first-person pronoun), not a lowercase "L":

http://rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&page=Wikipedia_Sucks (visit the page and use your browser's "view page source" feature, if your browser has it. Alternately, visit the page, press CTRL+F, type "cybei", and if the text is highlighted, then it should evident that it's a capital "i", not a lowercase "L")

Code: Select all

<span class="comment" dir="auto">(content was: &quot;{{Internet}}&#039;&#039;&#039;Wikipedia Sucks&#039;&#039;&#039; is a forum/blog that focuses on cybeI don&#039;t think we want any more Rome Viharo drama around here (and the only contributor was &quot;<a href="/wiki/Special:Contributions/Creationistsareloons" title="Special:Contributions/Creationistsareloons">Creationistsareloons</a>&quot;))</span>

JorisEnter accidentally inserted his comment in the middle of the default "content was: [...]" edit summary, so Oliver's "[...] focuses on cybe[rstalking]" article text and JorisEnter's "I don't think [...]" comment awkwardly ended up spliced and merged together.

Oliver made the same misinterpretation you made:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WikiInAction/comments/5c7r29/rome_viharos_wikipediawehaveaproblem_is_suspended/da1wjpr/