RC garden trains and other Statler bullshit

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: RC garden trains and other Statler bullshit

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Massoth is also great in digital sound

Ah, this is old stuff Eric, and I can always replace the sound system very easy. It is old analoge stuff, and I have to say the result is not bad. This is a vieux inside of the first wagon, and you see it yourself. Most of it I had 20 year in stock.

This is the result at the end. Mark the "fire" and the "oil lamp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQgKzMy_TDQ&t=9s

By the way, why don't videos not up anymore?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:34 am

My home build smoke generator.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:58 pm

All right, my way of closing of the gender gap.
A post woman. :mrgreen:

For in my german post wagon, what I build up in this way to put the battery inside and the RC parts partly.

And believe me it was a lot of work because you have to make everything yourself. But anyway it gives a lot more fun than editing Wikipedia, although I really like to write something sometimes. But wikipedia is so extreem depressing, I can't tell you. And the good news is it is finished now in the time I normal had spend on Pedia. I only have to finish some details.

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:21 am

I Googled "model armored trains." They do exist! :shock:

Needs more explosions, though.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 am

It could be a lot more realistic, I agree. But I prefer the romantic and peacefull site of Europe, I want to build a Austrian, South-German landscape.
Europe is a continent with a extreem blacks side what I have seen with my own eyes from very close by. The second world war is a part of me, I am in fact a war child.
So I prefer the peaceful side of model trains. And I am glad they fight nowadays there silly European wars in the Europarlement in a more peace full way, there first victory is the Brexit. I told you before, there is progress in humanity.

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:22 am

I think every small boy in the early 1990s received an electric model steam engine. I'm not sure what happened to mine. They make versions of that toy train now, but its almost completely made of cheap plastic. I doubt the new versions will last as long or be as collectible as the one I got nearly 30 years ago.

My local mall used to have a fountain that they transformed every year into a like a "Christmas mountain" with a toy train that would travel around it with little villages on the side. Unfortunately, the mall started dying and the fountain was too expensive to maintain. So down it went and away went a part of childhood.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 pm

The End wrote:I think every small boy in the early 1990s received an electric model steam engine. I'm not sure what happened to mine. They make versions of that toy train now, but its almost completely made of cheap plastic. I doubt the new versions will last as long or be as collectible as the one I got nearly 30 years ago.

My local mall used to have a fountain that they transformed every year into a like a "Christmas mountain" with a toy train that would travel around it with little villages on the side. Unfortunately, the mall started dying and the fountain was too expensive to maintain. So down it went and away went a part of childhood.

The quality of this old Neurenberg stuff is amazing, most of the stuff I use is from the 1980's, 1990's. And indeed, the modern stuff is most times of extreem poor quality and broken before before Santa Claus has left the country, or unaffordable.

It is, or better it was my profession to build Christmas mountains and scenery's and what is so funny, a young mother with two children came to me this year and said to me, sir, when I was a kid I was looking to your work and now I am here with my kids. And that keeps me driving to do a limited amount of work in firms where I am working more than next year 30 years. The owners are more fiends than clients after all these years, there kids have taken over there businesses.
Arthur and Eric and some others know my work, I have showed it to them. Even EdodeRoo knows my work well because I am sure he has been looking at it with his kids, because till a few years ago I have also worked in the place he is living too. The complete fool.

But I have worked for real big and famous firms like De Bijenkorf, big gardencenters, etc. And I am thinking if it is posible to use this for a demonstration in a shopping mall or something like that, they asked me for that, but on they other hand it's my own little boy's dream.....
It is and was extreem heavy work, with often many, many hours, and that is the reason it disappears now. Sometimes it is even too heavy for me to tell the true, but I am still going strong, that is the spirit.
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:45 am

The End wrote:I think every small boy in the early 1990s received an electric model steam engine. I'm not sure what happened to mine. They make versions of that toy train now, but its almost completely made of cheap plastic. I doubt the new versions will last as long or be as collectible as the one I got nearly 30 years ago.

I got one in the mid-1970s, made by Lionel with quality metal tracks and a heavy duty cast engine and metal cars. The ones my sister's kids got in the 90s were cheap plastic junk probably made in China with lead paint.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm

And some of them were like my father, buying expensive handmade brass locomotives (that he could barely afford) until the day he died.....

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 am

Still have them, Eric?

For me the fun is to make out of old, cheap stuff something spectaculair.
Look, yesterday the out of production 8 channel industrial board came from Poland. For very, very little money, sending it was more expensive then the board itself. It's the only part I can't make myself, and I need a receiver.

I only use the receiver part and the rest I took off, (on the right, green board) and the wiring I make myself. It is extreem good build and extreem stable, and.......... works perfect and fits perfect in the roof! So, now I can finish mij post wagon.