The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever

The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Strelnikov » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Trump had his month, now let's start tearing into him.

Vic Berger's re-edit of the first Trump press conference:


Ted Rall on why it would be a bad thing if the Republicans impeach Trump:
Link. Quotes:

"....This is speculation, but I bet Republicans with presidential ambitions — Ryan, Rubio, Cruz, Paul — have already grokked that Trump’s days are numbered. Odds makers agree. Whoever takes credit for bringing down a feared and reviled leader will rid themselves of a rival and reap rewards up to and including the highest office in the land.

Barely one month after taking office, Trump’s approval ratings are tumbling into territory historically belonging to presidents mired in scandals and unpopular wars. Voters tell the latest Quinnipiac poll Trump is dishonest and doesn’t care about people like them. Trump’s numbers are within a rounding error of Richard Nixon’s during Watergate.

Right now, Donald Trump is constitutionally impeachable over his temperament and his brazen violations of the emoluments clause. But nothing will happen until he’s politically impeachable.....

If I’m Ryan or Cruz or some other crafty GOPer, I’m thinking to myself: every president screws up eventually. But this guy Trump will definitely screw up big. Given his manic pace, his Waterloo will occur sooner rather than later."

Even the conservatives are angry with him:
"Trump's Nuclear Babble", Daniel Larison, The American Conservative
Link. (Article too short for quotes.)

Rolling Stone giving it to the Conservative Political Action Conference:
"How the Conservative Movement Went All in for Trumpism" Link. Quotes:

"....The right's assaults on the left, and, more recently, on a supposed Muslim fifth column, are hardly new features of its broad culture war to define the "real" America. What is new – and a stark abdication of the movement's claimed commitment to the Constitution, freedom and democracy – is the willingness to look the other way as the movement mutates from 20th century conservatism to a Trump-Alt-Right-white-nationalism. At CPAC, it becomes clear that conservatives' role in this transformation is far worse than willful blindness. They are deploying conspiracy theories to deflect any criticism of Trump by blaming the left not only for making up Trump scandals, but also for being the true diabolical force behind any wrongdoing.

The Alt-Right? A left-wing movement. Putin? He's the one "causing mayhem on the streets of America" by funding anti-Trump "riots," according to Trevor Loudon, a conspiracy theorist who appeared on a panel moderated by Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who says that "paid protesters" and "subversives" tried to delegitimize Trump at his inauguration. Later, Loudon screens his film America Under Siege: Civil War 2017, which purports to expose the "puppet masters guiding the chaos unfolding on America's streets," including a trail that Loudon is confident leads right to Putin. These same forces, whom Loudon says have long followed Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse Tung, "have been organizing protests and riots in the United States from the Vietnam War to Ferguson, Missouri." Yet some people, Loudon complains on the panel, "have the insolence" to accuse Trump of ties to the Russian president."
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.
User avatar
Strelnikov
Psyop
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby ericbarbour » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Anyone care to place a bet that the High Oompa Loompa will either invade a Middle Eastern country, or a major terrorist attack will occur on U.S. soil, within the next six months? And that a surge of blind patriotism will raise his approval figures? I would not be surprised if Mr. Bannon is trying to make arrangements with very bad people right now. To hell with "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" and all that; The Oompa is fully capable of doing completely sleazy things, and lying about all of it with a straight face.

Remember: he could not have built Trump Tower and several other major developments in NYC without making deals with the Mob and certain corrupt unions. Get the 1991 documentary Trump: What's The Deal? and see for yourself. (A movie that is NOT mentioned anywhere on Wikipedia.)

http://trumpthemovie.com/

And if you like stupid Wiki-Shit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... p%27s_hair
#BbbGate
User avatar
ericbarbour
Psyop
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
Location: #Bbb23

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Strelnikov » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:05 pm

ericbarbour wrote:Anyone care to place a bet that the High Oompa Loompa will either invade a Middle Eastern country, or a major terrorist attack will occur on U.S. soil, within the next six months? And that a surge of blind patriotism will raise his approval figures? I would not be surprised if Mr. Bannon is trying to make arrangements with very bad people right now. To hell with "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" and all that; The Oompa is fully capable of doing completely sleazy things, and lying about all of it with a straight face.

Remember: he could not have built Trump Tower and several other major developments in NYC without making deals with the Mob and certain corrupt unions. Get the 1991 documentary Trump: What's The Deal? and see for yourself. (A movie that is NOT mentioned anywhere on Wikipedia.)

http://trumpthemovie.com/

And if you like stupid Wiki-Shit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... p%27s_hair


I think Trump is scrambling to hide big things from his election (I don't think it's Russian contact) and his White House seems to be too shambolic to plan a war with Iran. Also, that game has been played before. Trump has drone strikes* in Yemen to approve, drone strikes in Afghanistan to approve of, drone strikes in the Tribal area of Pakistan, Iraq support planning to deal with. He has inherited the equivalent of maybe four air wars and two small land wars.
___________________________________________________________________________
* Because he was stymied by the GOP in getting anything done in America, drone strike planning and carry-though was done heavily by Obama, who droned the living fuck out of certain places.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.
User avatar
Strelnikov
Psyop
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby ericbarbour » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:49 pm

I bet r/the_donald is snarling about this right now--and organizing "raids" on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyTrumps/
#BbbGate
User avatar
ericbarbour
Psyop
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
Location: #Bbb23

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Strelnikov » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

ericbarbour wrote:I bet r/the_donald is snarling about this right now--and organizing "raids" on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TinyTrumps/


I still think that Reddit will kick that subreddit to the curb once Trump implodes; they keep up the game of kicking out, bringing back, or bringing new mods on (they just added nine today). With what we know about the high secret-shill factor of Reddit, I would not be surprised if a big chuck of the /r/The_Donald userbase are just sock accounts run by a gang of twentysomething "failsons" following orders from some bald backroom suit inside the GOP.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.
User avatar
Strelnikov
Psyop
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Strelnikov » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:46 pm

His speech to Congress went over well in the polls, but, the actual substance of the address was absolute nonsense.

Almost Every Single Word of Trump's Speech to Congress Was a Lie, Gary Legum, Salon.

Quote:

"....Because inside that overripe cantaloupe of a head, Donald Trump’s world remains a frightening place detached from reality with the sheerness and severity of a sawed-off tree limb. The almost grudging nods to unity that he tossed to his Democratic opponents could not cover the usual dystopian nightmare vision of America that he painted. In Trump’s vision, the nation is infested with “criminal cartels” and drowning in waves of illegal immigrants who are gunning down Americans with impunity. It is threatened by “a network of lawless savages” known as ISIS. The Affordable Care Act is “imploding,” a total disaster. The streets are awash in drugs. And so on.

As with almost every Trump speech, almost every single word was a lie, including the articles. America’s population of undocumented immigrants was no longer increasing, and quite likely declining, when Trump took office. Immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than native-born citizens. Your chances of being killed by an Islamic terrorist within America’s borders are lower than your chances of being killed by a chunk of falling space debris. Addiction to drugs is an ongoing concern, as it always is in American life. But to hear Trump tell it, you’d think no one in Washington could stroll Pennsylvania Avenue between the Capitol and the White House without tripping over skinny heroin addicts lolling on dirty mattresses in between fixes."

The killer point:

"Most appalling was the moment when Trump recognized Carryn Owens, sitting in the audience with his daughter Ivanka. Owens’ husband Ryan was the Navy SEAL killed in a botched raid on a terrorist hideout in Yemen four weeks ago. Trump had authorized the raid despite doubts about the intelligence used in its planning and the viability of the plan itself. Then, instead of taking responsibility, earlier on Tuesday he had tried to deflect blame for the raid’s execution, and for Ryan Owens’ death, onto the military and the Obama administration, which had developed the original plan."

***

I watched that moment with Carryn Owens, and it was the most sickening thing I'd ever seen on video, and I sat through the on-camera suicide of R. Budd Dwyer. (Thanks, YouTube!) It was made worse by the the fact they put up a family photo of William "Ryan" Owens like it was the Oscars "In memorium" section. He was not in uniform, he was dressed in civilian clothes, and his cut-and-pasted image was on a white title card with his name in black letters.


Michael Moore felt the same way.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.
User avatar
Strelnikov
Psyop
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby ericbarbour » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Strelnikov wrote:I would not be surprised if a big chuck of the /r/The_Donald userbase are just sock accounts run by a gang of twentysomething "failsons" following orders from some bald backroom suit inside the GOP.

Chances are better than 50%. They are classic incompetent narcissists, just the kind of brown-nosers someone like the Kochs or the Heritage Foundation would hire. (As consultants of course! Plausible deniability! Do it Wikipedia style!)
#BbbGate
User avatar
ericbarbour
Psyop
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
Location: #Bbb23

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Larkin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Strelnikov wrote:His speech to Congress went over well in the polls, but, the actual substance of the address was absolute nonsense.

...

"Most appalling was the moment when Trump recognized Carryn Owens, sitting in the audience with his daughter Ivanka. Owens’ husband Ryan was the Navy SEAL killed in a botched raid on a terrorist hideout in Yemen four weeks ago. Trump had authorized the raid despite doubts about the intelligence used in its planning and the viability of the plan itself. Then, instead of taking responsibility, earlier on Tuesday he had tried to deflect blame for the raid’s execution, and for Ryan Owens’ death, onto the military and the Obama administration, which had developed the original plan."

***

I watched that moment with Carryn Owens, and it was the most sickening thing I'd ever seen on video, and I sat through the on-camera suicide of R. Budd Dwyer. (Thanks, YouTube!) It was made worse by the the fact they put up a family photo of William "Ryan" Owens like it was the Oscars "In memorium" section. He was not in uniform, he was dressed in civilian clothes, and his cut-and-pasted image was on a white title card with his name in black letters.

...


I found that extraordinary too. It was so plainly managed and exploitative. Weirder still was Van Jones on CNN declaring it as Trump's "presidential" moment. I felt quite the opposite.

But as I stressed in the old forum (thanks admins for helping me back in this one), I'm a Brit and it's not really for me to sound off how the US deal with their affairs. It does worry me how Trump's base so uncritically accept our far-right wierdos. There's Farage, where I have to concede his support but he's the only UKIP member (other than Douglas Carswell) who has any real credibility: it's not a plus that the KKK's David Duke recently puffed him as a future PM, but we Brits have consistently rejected Farage's several attempts to get himself elected as an MP. Then there's that Milo character, a narcissistic piece of fluff who's had his just desserts. And finally that self-aggrandizing fraud Sebastian Gorka (brought up in the UK): his miliitary service he puffs is three years as an intelligence analyst in the UK's Territorial Army, but that's a volunteer reserve force involving a month's commitment a year and while I don't want to belittle it any Brit will candidly admit its members are typically wannabe military fantasists (indeed our most popular sitcom of all time, Dad's Army, lampoons what was essentially its wartime equivalent). All three of these characters have plum 'toff' accents we Brits are very alert to (Gorka's in particular is nauseating) but which seem to go down well over the pond.

I subscribe to the theory that Trump suffers from neurosyphilis (he's a draft dodger who described avoiding STDs as his "personal Vietnam" - nice). I don't think it's well know that Vincent van Gogh's brother Theo, an art dealer who supported Vincent, died of neurosyphilis just six months after Vincent's suicide. He had developed a cough which Vincent worried about (and whose significance he must have recognized in my opinion) and within two months of Vincent's death had lost his reason and had to be committed to an asylum. At the end he was quite unresponsive, a desperately sad end I do in all seriousness predict for Trump as well. I can imagine Trump in denial and not undergoing the antibiotic therapies which earlier would have taken care of it.
User avatar
Larkin
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Flip Flopped » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Larkin wrote:
Strelnikov wrote:His speech to Congress went over well in the polls, but, the actual substance of the address was absolute nonsense.

...

"Most appalling was the moment when Trump recognized Carryn Owens, sitting in the audience with his daughter Ivanka. Owens’ husband Ryan was the Navy SEAL killed in a botched raid on a terrorist hideout in Yemen four weeks ago. Trump had authorized the raid despite doubts about the intelligence used in its planning and the viability of the plan itself. Then, instead of taking responsibility, earlier on Tuesday he had tried to deflect blame for the raid’s execution, and for Ryan Owens’ death, onto the military and the Obama administration, which had developed the original plan."

***

I watched that moment with Carryn Owens, and it was the most sickening thing I'd ever seen on video, and I sat through the on-camera suicide of R. Budd Dwyer. (Thanks, YouTube!) It was made worse by the the fact they put up a family photo of William "Ryan" Owens like it was the Oscars "In memorium" section. He was not in uniform, he was dressed in civilian clothes, and his cut-and-pasted image was on a white title card with his name in black letters.

...


I found that extraordinary too. It was so plainly managed and exploitative. Weirder still was Van Jones on CNN declaring it as Trump's "presidential" moment. I felt quite the opposite.

But as I stressed in the old forum (thanks admins for helping me back in this one), I'm a Brit and it's not really for me to sound off how the US deal with their affairs. It does worry me how Trump's base so uncritically accept our far-right wierdos. There's Farage, where I have to concede his support but he's the only UKIP member (other than Douglas Carswell) who has any real credibility: it's not a plus that the KKK's David Duke recently puffed him as a future PM, but we Brits have consistently rejected Farage's several attempts to get himself elected as an MP. Then there's that Milo character, a narcissistic piece of fluff who's had his just desserts. And finally that self-aggrandizing fraud Sebastian Gorka (brought up in the UK): his miliitary service he puffs is three years as an intelligence analyst in the UK's Territorial Army, but that's a volunteer reserve force involving a month's commitment a year and while I don't want to belittle it any Brit will candidly admit its members are typically wannabe military fantasists (indeed our most popular sitcom of all time, Dad's Army, lampoons what was essentially its wartime equivalent). All three of these characters have plum 'toff' accents we Brits are very alert to (Gorka's in particular is nauseating) but which seem to go down well over the pond.

I subscribe to the theory that Trump suffers from neurosyphilis (he's a draft dodger who described avoiding STDs as his "personal Vietnam" - nice). I don't think it's well know that Vincent van Gogh's brother Theo, an art dealer who supported Vincent, died of neurosyphilis just six months after Vincent's suicide. He had developed a cough which Vincent worried about (and whose significance he must have recognized in my opinion) and within two months of Vincent's death had lost his reason and had to be committed to an asylum. At the end he was quite unresponsive, a desperately sad end I do in all seriousness predict for Trump as well. I can imagine Trump in denial and not undergoing the antibiotic therapies which earlier would have taken care of it.
A journalist is now soliciting the opinions of military personnel or veterans as to whether Trump's highlighting of Owen's widow was well-liked. One would think the only person whose opinion matters is that bereaved mother of three young children.

Edited to add: Thanks for putting Gorka's service to the UK into perspective. I'd been wondering how he'd fallen so low. Now I understand it wasn't the toughest CT job in the UK.
User avatar
Flip Flopped
Modsquad
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:38 pm

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Postby Larkin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Flip Flopped wrote: ]A journalist is now soliciting the opinions of military personnel or veterans as to whether Trump's highlighting of Owen's widow was well-liked. One would think the only person whose opinion matters is that bereaved mother of three young children.

Edited to add: Thanks for putting Gorka's service to the UK into perspective. I'd been wondering how he'd fallen so low. Now I understand it wasn't the toughest CT job in the UK.


The father is not enchanted with Trump, refused to meet him and is demanding an inquiry. The verdict of Twitter is that veterans don't approve of the way Trump exploited the widow.

Not quite sure whether you're being ironic about Gorka or not. I really find him quite repulsive, and actually dangerous, myself.

It will take me some time to familiarize myself with this new software. I've just wasted a lot of my time trying to resize my avatar image within the miserable 9 KB allowed and I've given up on that. Also I can't see how to "like" posts here.

Ah... discovered how to "like"
User avatar
Larkin
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 am
Location: Amsterdam

Next

Return to Dark Corners -- a place for odd and deviant subjects (WP related or not)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest