Katherine Maher

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Katherine Maher

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:46 pm

https://twitter.com/krmaher/status/1113595081473306625
Katherine wrote:The people who edit Wikipedia are educators, physicists, nurses, grandparents, coders, professors, geologists, journalists, and more

Sure, Katherine, all educators, physicists, nurses, grandparents, coders, professors, geologists, journalists, and even more.
And when are you going to storm the Pentagon with all that physicists, nurses, grandparents, coders, professors, geologists, journalists, and more behinde you arm in arm with Julia Reda and in your other hand a Pirate Party flag?

https://twitter.com/krmaher/status/1113823453205946369
Katherine Maher wrote:It would be really unfortunate if we got rid of everybody who was just an affectionate kind of person”

Weird. I thought you wiki gender bitc.... sorry lady's wanted in the future only baby's when they got sperm handed over in a test tube with a handshake.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Katherine Maher

Post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:47 pm

This only goes to show just how far out of touch with reality Katherine is with the community. If she passed an editor on the street she wouldn't even acknowledge their existence if they weren't cutting her a donation check.
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:40 pm

And you believe traveling Katherine does't know the true? Have you ever had a good look at the pictures? Have you ever looked to there eyes of that chapter guy's?
Of course madam Maher knows this, and the rest of WMF too! And that is the huge scandal!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm

No Ledge wrote:I don't get the impression that she thinks about building a better encyclopedia very often. Her "commitment" seems more like an afterthought.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p239527

I think we have fond here one of the rare Wikipediocrazy-Wikipedia Sucks consensuses, our spoiled little girl from southwestern Connecticut, which is overrun with wealthy New Yorkers with her $300,000 salary is not there to built a encyclopedia or to intervene in here organisation when things run out of hands, no.

The Dutch Wikipedia is complete destroyed and far beyond repair, the Dutch chapter is changed in some strange pirate office with a few gender idiots, the English community is in direct crises because a deposed German sysop who is even to stupide to tie his own shoelaces is the manager trolling&"Safety", together with some foolish Greek gamizetie trelliara and has dropped some drone shit bomb in the English community.
Law cases who can destroy her complete organisation are on it's way, and where is the CEO of the WMF? Anywhere except where she had to be, in her much to expensive office in LA.

Time to clean up the wiki house, don't you think WMF and Jimmy?
Or do you want that done by me and Lomax? Not any problem, we are always at your service. Not any problem. Lomax learned me to have no fear, well I haven't any anymore, my Stockholm syndrome is complete over and I think Abd never had one! So let the shit storm in the shit pile start!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:41 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ol ... aher_tweet

I should suggest Maher to fly Jullia Reda in with a few pirate flags to wave to the Wikipedians to calm them down. :mrgreen: Because her Julia Reda and Pirate Party tweeds where much more appreciated. :lol:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Tim wrote:It does at least indicate that she read the piece at is therefore at least minimally aware that one of her employees has launched World War III while she was jetting around to some conference or another...

When I got Alexander his copy past mail I was banned I even didn't pay much attention on it because i had left Wikipedia a year before and Wikiquote too. Only because i saw my username Graaf Statler lighting up in Google on all kind of fora I had a closer look, but I couldn't imagine I had won some wiki atomic bomb Timmy.
And yes, I think the same, it is the first time the CEO of the wikimedia foundation even have heard there exist a community.

And it absolute interesting to have a closer look on that employee Jan of her on the German wiki if you can read German. Most of it is about meetings in a biergarten in Munich, but a article he has never wrote. It is a total crap editor. And seen his edit patron it is for me very likely he is deep in the spectrum.....

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:27 am

Hi folks. I'm not very active here mostly because it's not a very active page in general. It's usually vandalism, which is quickly reverted by folks who watch the page (thank you!). But when I'm pinged there's a lot of activity here, like today, you have my attention, and here I am.

I understand people are very upset about my tweet yesterday. My tweet wasn't really meant to be about the BuzzFeed article about the situation here on enWP, it was meant more a comment about Twitter and media culture in general. (If I’d wanted to comment on the article, I would have linked to it directly.) But I understand why it was upsetting, and why it could be seen as dismissing or dismissive of perspectives and people here in the en-wiki community. That truly wasn't my intention, and I apologize. (It was also a somewhat ill-conceived and hasty throwaway, which is Twitter in a nutshell, versus what I hope will be a more thoughtful and well-written reflection here, more in line with the nature of this community.) Thank you for reaching out and inviting me to clarify my intention here.

My actual feeling on the BuzzFeed article, which I also clarified on Twitter, is that it accurately covers the situation in the community and the anger or frustration people have expressed about the ban and the Foundation's action. In general, I don't have issues with negative press coverage of criticisms about the Foundation or my own judgment and actions. That’s part of my role, and often I find it very useful to help me learn and improve. To that end, the coverage of the conversations was a fair characterization of many perspectives here. Very often the press doesn't really understand the workings of Wikimedia, however, the journalist clearly did his homework to understand community conversations and processes. He put in the effort, so kudos - that's not easy and it often takes people a long time. (I personally found the “culture war” framing to be strange, because seemed like it was trying to make a Wikipedia issue into a comment on society as a whole, using a very American perspective for what is a fairly international community.)

However, while I don't have any issues with the things I described above, I did felt the way it handled reporting on the alleged targets of harassment was objectionable. For people who know how the communities work, it would be very easy from the article to identify those individuals. That is not okay, and it would have been possible to write the article on the issue and the controversy without needing to take that approach. The Foundation communications team has been in touch with the Buzzfeed editors with our concerns around that. I take very seriously the matter of protecting members of our community, especially ones being harmed by harassment. Criticism is fine, but you shouldn't make it harder for people who already are in a hard place in order to make a point. Or, as I've been taught, don't 'punch down.'

Even if I’ve not been vocal here on my talk page or on other discussions, I’ve been closely monitoring what’s been going on here on en-wiki, and will continue to do so. I believe there are things that could have been handled better on the Foundation side, including my own communications. My goal, which I’ve shared with the Board and am happy to share with you all here, is to find a path to de-escalate the current situation and build better, lasting solutions to the issues of harassment. To me, this means consulting with the enWP community to address your articulated concerns about our respective roles and community processes, identifying some clear next steps to resolve some of the current concerns, and consulting on how we can work together to strengthen community self-governance while also cultivating a respectful editing environment that safeguards everyone in the community.

As always, I appreciate people's passion and the community's efforts toward holding the Foundation accountable, even when these conversations are difficult. I recognize I've also not answered every question or responded to every comment on my page today -- there's a lot, and I wanted to focus on the things that seemed most important and to have the most energy around them.

I know it doesn’t seem like it to many people at the moment, but I wholeheartedly support and am committed to the principle of partnership with members of this and other project communities. It’s been a part of my commitment as a Foundation employee for five years, and consultation is something I’ve made an effort to embed in every aspect of our work, from the movement strategy conversations to the product development process. We don’t always get it right, and even if we do, we don’t and won’t always agree on everything. But I know that collaboration and discourse is essential, and something we all -- Foundation and staff alike -- should always be working toward. Thank you. Katherine (WMF) (talk) 23:49, 28 June 2019 (UTC)

There is a saying madam Maher, and that is action speaks louder than words. And I have a message for you.

My parents have sufferd and many of there friends have sufferd too or even died for this country, continent madam. Just like many young American have given there life for our freedom and also form many other country's.They have paid the highest price there is, there young life.
I am raised as a soldier for my country, because of this, I am a servant of our king, and I will fight till the last moment or even give my life to defend this achievements. Because I own that to this people, it is my heritage and what formed me to what I am.

Your chapter freaked complete out and send me a letter of a lawyer I had to shut up, and my lawyer firm is still shaking of the laughing of my lawyers. Only after a few mails form me to your stakeholders.

You are warned madam Maher, Europe is not suburb of southwestern Connecticut where rich, spoiled girls can play around with social justice talk and pirate flags.
And I am pretty sure mendaliv has explained you why this was such a risky game, or see this as the last warning after the warning of Alex Voss.

Reform or disappear with your trollopedia out of Europe madam Maher. And not half in between.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:49 am

So far there have been seven eight posts in this thread, six seven from the Count & one from Kumioko. There has been a much stronger lynch mob being organized on wiki because of a few characters she wrote off the cuff about the Buzzfeed News story on Twitter. A lot of the power-user class has been mobilized because of that (strange) tweet. Strong opinions have been put forth by many of the usual suspects since Opabinia Regalis (OR) opened the ball with "A Question for You". (see below)

This pithy exchange, in particular, speaks volumes about the prevailing atmosphere:

Gamaliel: [ed. paragraph criticizing the entrenched power-users' smug attitude]
.MrX: You seem lost.
..Gamaliel: Bless your heart.

I also noticed that Gorilla Warfare (who shows decent empathy in her comment) is really good at speaking wiki: gaslighty is now an adjective!

ed. Graaf has just now posted KM's response to the Mob. I wanted to also provide a link to the context. ^^

ps: This is also raging on JimboTalk of course, where MrX's name also popped up on my watchlist. The rapid reaction of El C to my comment there was particularly unsurprising. (MrX sez he's making his first comment to JimboTalk, like, ever, and yet it is me who is somehow following him around?! lol. ^^)

Let's dance...

as I said about Kudpung lamenting the sunken condos in the Signpost some time ago... (§ ghost town §)
Last edited by sashi on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:59 pm

I tell you one thing and I tell you it for once, the best thing we ever, ever have done in Holland is we just have fuck all with each other for century's and made love. And kicked Calvijn out met een pisboog. Result: We are all black, jewish, colored in general, anyway you have been yourself in Holland and have eaten our famous pannenkoeken yourself Shashi.
So you know where I am talking about. And for sure you have noticed you see all the color mixes of the rainbow here in the streets in Holland.
Leave the stroopwafels, just eat pannenkoeken. and come over to taste them yourself.

Let them please leave there holy toxic "social justice" shit in America!