Tim Davenport

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Tim Davenport

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:What a surprise, Tim can't seem to locate the copyright symbol on his keyboard.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =868494003

Not that he will have obtained permission for ripping 10kb of text from Wikipediocracy to Wikipedia.

Now it all becomes clear, his whole stance against those who would have people like Richard Norton, Dr. Blofeld and all the other copyright violaters held to account. Self-preservation! 'Twas ever thus I guess.

Keep practicing, someday you'll be able to hit a 85 mph fastball... We all believe in you!

xoxo,

RfB

For sure Tim. Just like you was hitting that 85 mph fastball in that battle... We all believe in you too, Tim!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Randy from Boise wrote: don't have even remotely the same view as Eric of Women in Red, but I do think GW goes too far with her question.

First off, WiR. This is 100% precisely, exactly how those concerned about a gender-related "content gap" at Wikipedia should have responded rather than what did take place in Phase 1 — that being political organization (Gender Gap Task Force/Gendergap-l mailing list) and an effort to blame cultural characteristics at Wikipedia (verbal vulgarity and occasional aggressive interactions between content people) and the political structure of the site (boys on Arbcom behaving badly) for the problem at hand (content).

The solution to a content deficit is to focus effort to repair the content deficit, not to advance an unproven, almost religiously mystical belief that Genitalia Determines Consciousness — that only introduction of a new crop of female editors and removal of a section of the existing crop of male editors could possibly fix the gender-related distortion of content at Wikipedia.

So, after the political battle was fought to the inevitable stalemate in 2014-16, rough dates, a move was made to a true content-focused approach at repairing WP's content deficit. I think that any reasonable person looking at the WIR project must conclude that steps forward have been made. Indeed, one wishes that there were similar projects to address other content deficits, such as, as one example, coverage of Africa and the African diaspora.

That very positive assessment aside, does it logically follow that a negative view of WIR as an institution implies an attack on women? This goes too far. There is room for criticism of all bureaucratic deformations, and in an era when Wikipedia raises and spends about $100 million a year, there are going to be bureaucratic deformations aplenty. WIR's leadership and their spending of donor dollars are worthy of as much scrutiny as any other aspect of WP, and such scrutiny should be able to be made without fear of baseless charges of "misogyny."

Nor is the content actually produced by WIR exempt from the criticism that is levied about any other project. I particularly have no problem whatsoever with the WIR content I've seen, which is a tiny proportion of that which has been produced, but one's mileage may vary there. If a person is convinced that a wave of shit is being produced, assuming there is validity to the assertion, one should be able to make the argument without any ulterior motive necessarily being implied.

So GW goes too far, even if I think that Eric is more or less completely wrong about both the strategy of WIR and the content being produced itself.

I am afraid you are telling here a lot of horse shit, Timmy. Wikipedia is no solution women and minorities. Or for the problems in Africa. WMF is not even able to understand Europe, how for the hell they can understand Africa? The only thing I read here is one piece of American imperialism Timmy. We all have to adopt your American superiority and way of thinking. How for the hell you think you are Timmy? Or GW?

In Holland we have good results with the progress of woman emancipation and the position of minorities. The income of woman is rising, the moroccan youth is doing very well at school, and there is less discrimination of gay people. That was all in the newspapers here last week Timmy. So we don't need your fucking foundation at all here in Europe who is breaking the European and national legalisation.

And who told you the Africans want and need your wiki imperialism? Because I have read something else in the village pump of the African wiki during Wikimania, what was a fiasco by the way. Did you ask them? The Africans? Because you are thinking they want you in the rest of the world, but that is absolute not clear!

Why should madam GorillaWarfare be the moral compass for America and the rest of the world about woman matters, Timmy? She came in when she was a kid, and now she is around 25. It is complet follish what you are writing Timmy, it is one piece of Timmy POV to be more exacte.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:26 am

It is hardly a surprise that Tim is overjoyed that women stopped all their complainin' and instead busied themselves with feel good busy work. The WIR project has achieved next to nothing, but it is certainly taking away everyone's focus from what were the original goals.

This is exactly how the misogynists of Wikipedia intend to keep control of their womenfolk.

Hilarious that he doesn't see it. If he did understand that all he is doing is furthering misogynistic tropes, and was doing it deliberately, then you would be more disgusted by him, but a little more impressed at his deceitfulness.

But no, there's been too much evidence over the years that when Timmy says these things, it is simply because he hasn't got a fucking clue what he is talking about, but is absolutely certain in his own mind that the garbage he comes out with to counter what is the result of years of study, is the truth. Just like Eric Corbett. They're both just very ignorant but clearly very threatened little boys.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:15 am

Non of them has a fucking clou where they are talking about and is the whole problem in a nutshel. Erika has showed us what happend in practice in that whole gender discussion, she was a good editor and dared to say thinks went wrong in the NY Chapter and we have seen the result, a SanFanBan. Look, the multi talent Romaine was giving a course editing Wikipedia in the University of Antwerp with his Belgium chapter. Click on "bijdrages" of all participants. Netto result? Zero. What happens with all his projects. All articles in such a campaign are created by it's promoters and there allies like for instance Ymnes.

No fucking clou are the key words of the whole wiki mouvement. Having no fucking clou professor Drmies is/was mainly trolling on WPNL in his office hours together with the backward Ymnes, and was not focusing on his blessed wikipedia education project at all.
Not a fucking clou about European regulation and not understanding Romaine is just a tremendous troll who fixed a complete chapter for himself and his friends in a country what has not even it's one wiki. Not having a fucking clou that complete "Advocating group" with the "political scientist" Dimi was complet fake, these matters are regulated on national level in Europe. Do you know what these guys only have spend on complete useless printed matter? It went strait to the trash because it was complete useless shit and propaganda. They only wanted to legalize there trash they have created in all these years because they are afraid of article13. WPNL can strait to the dumping ground with all there expensieve "projects".

And then we have Timmy. Timmy who thinks the complete naive Molly, a young woman who has just finishend here education together with the talented professor Drmies will be the saver all woman in this world from the terrible mankind, just like Katherine Maher thinks she is doing. Shout three times gender, gender, gender gap, three times fact, fact, fact, fact checkers, and your foundation will be the leading foundation and moral compass in 2030. Worldwide.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:27 am

Nothing to say, Tim? Chickening out, eh? Buck buck buck SQUAWK

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Well, Eric, Timmy has waken up. A posting of Timmy on WO.

6. What will happen to online encyclopaedias (like Wikipedia) that are based on content uploaded by users?

A. The copyright proposal targets major content sharing platforms that distribute content often without the consent from rights holders. This is not the case with online encyclopaedias that rely on user-generated content.

The contributors to Wikipedia are above all creators of their own entries, who own the rights to their contributions, made available under the creative commons license (enabling free distribution). Hence, the vast majority of the content on Wikipedia is uploaded with the consent of their rights holders.

Article 13 of our proposal does not target services similar to Wikipedia.

Underlined by me. That is what I am claiming form 2012 on, you must own the rights or have permision of the owner.
Otherwise you can't give it free/away under a CC licence.
If I ask can you give away the bicycle of your neighbour everybody say no, of course not. And if I say, I compose a bicycle out of stolen parts, can I give it away? Of couse not is the answer.
And if I say something what is protected under copyright, can you give it away, every wikipedian starts to shout yes we can.

No, you can't because in Europe is even the smallest piece protected because we have no fair use. And is there a lot more hidden than only copyright as Artur and I made clear today in that CC licence.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Obviously nobody at the WMF told the EU about the years long backlog at CCI while they were lobbying to be protected from a regulation they were too dumb to spot wasn't even targeting them in the first place.

For all intents and purposes, when looking at their reality rather than their propaganda, Wikipedia is a "major content sharing platform that distributes content often without the consent from rights holders."

Isn't that right Timmy? Timmy's view of the CCI backlog is, who gives a shit?

Who indeed.

The EU will, eventually, once they realise what Wikipedia really is.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 am

They where not only lobbying to be protected from a regulation they were too dumb to spot wasn't even targeting them in the first place, even worser, the regulation was not about copyright at all! Safe your copyright, it was such a complete nonsens. And not to forget to mention Romaines Brussels chapter in a country what not even has its own Wiki! To be close to the European decision making!

Of course is the one who gives any responsibility in the hands of Romaine=>Wikimedia dumb, but so stupide....
I still can't understand and believe there exist such a stupide people. Millions they have spend on lawyers, a fortune they have spend on that lobbing, and the one who tried to say, he guys you are wrong they trolled out with a SanFanBan.
I still can't believe it really has happend, it is so absurt, also that MyHermitage page. My girl said you will get hundred if you are declared dead when you are still alive, well I am curieus.

But be fair, this whole story is such a crazy story, if it was a book you should say it is over the top. Also that crazy Professor Drmies story who trolled, how is it possible, the son of an English professor out! The founder of the English instituut in Utrecht with the rare SanFanBan! Someone who have sit on the lap of the great Tolkien as a child! Because he should be dead.

Winning twice the lottery is a bigger change I suppose.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 am

Whassa matta Timmy, you sound a bit demoralized........ :lol:
All information in every format is ephemeral so there is no sense obsessing about whether WP will last forever; it most certainly will not because nothing does. As John Kenneth Galbraith famously noted, "In the long run, we're all dead."
Your pessimism is misplaced. Wikipedia is on the DNA now. :ugeek:

I told you all, BLOCKCHAIN WILL BE THE WAY THEY SECURE IMMORTALITY

Damn you all, you filthy apes!

In was gonna call you Doctor Zaius here Timmy, then I remembered, the apes listened to him! :oops:

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:44 am

This:

I am not your unpaid intern, WMF

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =904595962

Sorry Tim, but you are. And you always have been.

The WMF relies on pathetic fools like you to raise those donor dollars.

Once upon a time I too was a pathetic fool. But not any more.