Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:49 pm

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strateg ... mendations

Fallout from the FRAMBAN is all over this baby, and I don't think it is going to go down well with those separatists and traditionalists who had perhaps already assumed they had won. The battle maybe, but not the war.

Lots of other weirdness too, like major changes to the acceptable licenses, and whatever the fuck the Capacity Building Unit will be doing. Moar tubes?

In fact it could take a while to extract all the major issues here. Which is why it will help that between now and Christmas, the only thing the Wikipedians will be focusing on, is the doom Floquenbeam has ushered into their lives.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:12 am

The freak out has well and truly begun, both on Wikipedia, and of course Wikipediocracy. This would have been a perfect opportunity for Jake to demonstrate his forum isn't just a parallel Wikipedia community, just less diverse and more angry. Failed again.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 am

Admin since 2007 freaks out over a proposal to allow non-free (non-commercial, no derivative) licenses, even though it's already allowed: Non-free content guideline and policy
Not just no but hell no [...] We absolutely should not permit NC and/or ND licensing [...] The fact that you have buried a proposal to undermine the fundamental nature of our projects in an area like this is totally unacceptable

Did he know about that policy?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am

Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations is of course complete dreamland, luchtfietsen, bicycling in the air. All kind of goals what will never, never reached with the extreem permeative Wiki system.

Your input is wanted. Who's input? The input of the Dutch delegation what is traveling to Stockholm? With autistic a hell persons like Sjoerd? Of Grijs bla, bla, chairman and a board member? Who was never serious active on Wikipedia? Gender Danielle? Complete incompetent Sandra, the director who has done no or hardly any edit on Wikipedia and who is only spoiling trolls and idiots like Edo with trips to the zoo? Give me a break with your global organisation, what a waisting of donor money again!

I tell you something as a real experience and serious user and editor. This is a tremendous piece of total rubbish, dreaming of something what never, never will happend. Goals what are so far away, they will never, never reached. Not even in licht years! Complete bullshit written by people without any practical experience on WP, managers bla bla.

This emperor is complete naked, this emperor is simple not even wearing a slip! And this is a great gift for the HTD mouvement and the wiki troll community because if this recommendations are followed we only have to sit here comfortable on our Sucks couch, talking a bit about complete wiki rubbish, WO, Jake, LGB toy trains and we only have to wait till the whole wiki caravan drives itself into the ravin. Without doing anything! HTD, Hurry!

Really, I said it before, the Hasten The Day Mouvement in no way can improve the wiki managers in there succesfull attempted to destroy wikipedia complete in the most effective way.
This folks who make this kind of recommendations are our soldiers in the field, they are our martyrs, we are still mourning about our fallen soldier Romaine=>Wikimandia, fallen by touching a French gender lady. His pirate flag was on his digital coffin when they buried him digital deep in the sewers of wikipedia. But thank to god we still have complete lunatics as our soldiers in the field like sock Fram and Mdd and our toptalent, master troll and sockmaster Drmies and other Eurocrap. These are the people who have the skills and talents to destroy wikipedia in the most effective way, not we.

IDIOTS!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Wikimedia Foundation welcomes Ryan Merkley as Chief of Staff to the office of the Executive Director

The Wikimedia Foundation is pleased to announce that Ryan Merkley will be joining the organization as the new to the office of the Executive Director. Ryan joins the Foundation from Creative Commons, the nonprofit organization dedicated to expanding the availability, re-sharing, and accessibility of creative works, where he served for five years as Chief Executive Officer. While there, he led the collaborative development of Creative Commons’ (CC) five-year strategic plan, the Global Network revitalization, and built a more sustainable organization.

Maybe a bit beside the topic, but I don't want to open a new one.

Ryan Merkley seems me seen his experience a interesting new Chief of Staff. And yes, on WO is of course the well know trowing with Shit Buckets started over the man his head, wikipedia's crypto money, and yes he has been in a complex situation, but I am pretty sure his background is checked and there was not any problem.

Why I am saying this is because Creative Commons Netherlands has done a very serious investigation if and how the CC license fits in the Dutch copyright law. So a expert about CC licences is a very, very good choice in my opinion now artikel 13/17 is on it"s way. Because doing nothing will be the end of Wikipedia Europe in a short time. The wiki system as it is can impossible run anymore in Europe if this article is implanted, and the content will be worthless.

European regulation overrules anything, also local regulation. Judges will have not any other choice than to follow this regulation, there is no escape.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Meh. What does a Chief of Staff do? Nothing related to being CEO of Commons that I can see. Have to agree the most likely purpose of this hire is to train up the next ED.

Wikipediocracy lost their marbles over COI editing. I'll give you his wife, noting that they didn't show where they learned that, but WMF staff, before he was hired? Unless time doesn't work the way science says it should, that's an interesting concept.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:07 am

Imagine being part of a movement where you still have to remind your followers of basic shit like this.....
Please join us in thanking, celebrating and supporting them, rather than rushing to conclusions or arguing over details. Please contribute in good faith, and in a constructive way.
Bit like Disney having to remind their staff not to touch the kids. :roll:

This is how utterly broken the whole thing is.