Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Gaslighted wrote:
Anyone wrote:He said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to discuss my mental health in public".

He is very imbalanced, like a loon, but that sentence can be a simple, factual statement from someone on the autism spectrum, however funny it is to NT people. Was there something more to show he took the "loon" part badly?
I recall the incident. I'd say 50% likely be had been triggered, but also 50% he was looking to get them punished for personal attacks.

Definitely way more unstable than Eric. A pale imitation. Says a lot about the Administration that they basically pretend like he isn't there. I think it actually pisses him off, Eric being the one who gets all the attention for being the bad boy, getting all the girls too, while he gets ignored like you would try not to stare at the local oddball as he muttered into his bag of chips.

He literally speaks how you imagine the local paranoid schizophrenic does.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Lolwut?
Don't accept controversies that have been sought out as a platform to prove a point, even if the point is valid. We know Wikipedia has issues with civility and inclusiveness. The way forward is to encourage people to be more polite, more inclusive. Cases like this will just fragment the community and make things worse. Jehochman Talk 15:49, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Classic Jehochman.

So, you approach Eric Corbett and ask him nicely to be more polite and open to more people being allowed to edit just because of a random physical characteristic. Have a guess what happens. Anyone who doesn't already know what happens, from fifty previous examples, you can go have a seat over there, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO SAY HERE.

Eric is a problem. Don't want problems? Fix them.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Eric's value to the project, his ability to create important and well sourced material to this encyclopedia is essential to it's existence......Hopefully Eric returns soon...Modernist (talk) 13:26, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Eric last created an article in March 2018. It was about Scottish folklore. His last major content disputes? Scottish folklore articles. The last new article before that? A kit car company. No significant edits since, by anyone. Not even spam. Nobody gives a shit. He creates articles only because it makes him feel good, it gives him a reason not to kill himself each morning.

Wikipedia can live without Eric. His history of socking, diva quits, drama generation and general attention seeking, suggests the opposite is not true.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:50 am

Gaslighted wrote:
Anyone wrote:He said something along the lines of "I'm not prepared to discuss my mental health in public".

He is very imbalanced, like a loon, but that sentence can be a simple, factual statement from someone on the autism spectrum, however funny it is to NT people. Was there something more to show he took the "loon" part badly?

1. The Brill Lyle Situation

I first came across Brill Lyle towards the end of 2017. I must've seen her mentioned on WPO. I checked her out and saw the tweets she'd written about EEng.

She claimed EEng was a loon due to his insane editing on that Phineas Gage article; she also commented negatively on the mental health of other Wikipedians. I knew she was pushing her luck. Sometime around the beginning of 2017 I was indeffed after asking Blofeld if he was institutionalized. Ha! It's evidently acceptable to tell other editors to fuck off, but if you comment on their obvious mental disorders you'll be zapped in an instant.

2. Wilkie Bard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkie_Bard

Cassianto got involved with this article in late November 2017. One of his first edits was to remove an infobox that had been there for more than 8 years. At the beginning of December Brill Lyle came along and restored the box. A bit of edit warring followed, during which Brill Lyle made what Cassianto referred to as a "slur". Here is a version of Brill Lyle's talk page that shows this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =813267094

Notice Cassianto's comment at the very bottom of the page. I can't remember what the "slur" was, but it was along the lines of:

if you get this riled about something as innocuous as an infobox, how on earth do you manage to cope with issues in the real world

If you look at Brill Lyle's history [December 2nd 2017] you'll see that more than a dozen comments have been deleted. The edit warring is Cassianto removing the slur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history

3. Cassianto's Talk Page

Cassianto then opened a thread on his own talk page to discuss Brill Lyle's slur. Within minutes all the usual suspects arrived. Names included SchroCat, SagaciousPhil, We Hope, Slim Virgin, and several others. It was during this discussion that Cassianto said he was "not prepared to discuss his mental health in public". After a few hours the entire thread was deleted.
Last edited by Anyone on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Re: Re:

Post by Anyone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:48 am

Graaf Statler wrote:This is real a cholesterol bomb I have never seen before, Anyone. :roll:

Nom Burger is just one of several niche burger joints that specialize in heart attacks. Here are some more pics from their Facebook page.

I could probably eat this:

[img]https://scontent.fbkk5-6.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/65463136_2332260160325907_6635838873068896256_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmcqwtuevk2zo0GUvLdcND94evcdCQ8NxExlaLhpksiwPssAC5fyPdBjbo_C-yzQqc&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-6.fna&oh=d0762392536ccfc7d0c2d58b7f8a7373&oe=5DCCE73C[/img]

Disgusting:

[img]https://scontent.fbkk5-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52105069_2251971805021410_8184210463433687040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmxOL2nhf2Jcb7m1HhymdCqcxrDOel5fv_qsJopZvrGplmHgw2dldUuCy0JyEIfoZU&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-5.fna&oh=079e5b193c62a852c7b5c0f26472f4a6&oe=5DD1D788[/img]

The ideal breakfast for James Alexander:

[img]https://scontent.fbkk5-8.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/40597562_2158889047663020_4140363565859078144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQmVGCifn0AHPvxHFLZUkBdLcALOqwuNOaBB5Q1G5c5bdsftZGWBJiW2WTjutUsoVOE&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-8.fna&oh=dce391d70ce2da7e8c5cb2591b9f05e4&oe=5DD1D575[/img]

James Alexander enjoys a quick snack:

[img]https://scontent.fbkk5-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36661650_2101240863427839_1097903922732859392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlZ9WmGE8lPeOVHjgPCBRzt2m0x_2dUVlfwmHmOumE2O-xGPLARCkjzDmMXwHrIPTs&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-4.fna&oh=25b292e03cecc312311f560f47e67ef3&oe=5DD07EDB[/img]

And something for James to munch on while taking the bus home after work:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:18 am

Arbitrators totally dragging their feet here. The 48 hour automatic rejection period has passed without the required support to accept, with nobody even clarifying if the reason it is still open is because they are actively discussing it behind the scenes, or they're just swamped with other work.

Clerks are also being very lazy here. A simple update on the above is their role, even if just to say they have no information. Also, not one has even bothered to point out how ridiculous the ongoing calls to admonish the filer really are. As said previously, if anyone even dared to do so, the grounds for appeal are obvious - no request that has been permitted to stay on the docket for deliberation, can be considered either frivolous or having been filed by someone unauthorised to do so.

It is the people engaged in this obvious harassment (both the illegitimate calls for sanctions by involved persons combined with their obvious personal attacks on their supposed worth as an editor in general) who should be being admonished, if not blocked given how seriously they should treating harassment, and it would be the Clerk's who are meant to do so.

Worse, to suggest two sitting Arbitrators would accept a case request that is frivolous or illegitimate, is a serious personal attack, suggesting as it does that they either do not understand their own policy, or are corruptly ignoring it. It would not be a personal attack if they were presenting serious evidence to back up their serious accusations, but they are not, so it is. If not voluntarily withdrawn, blocks should be applied. It is sadly a weakness of Wikipedia governance that editors can get away with such things in their highest court.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

Another one of Eric's harem of brain dead women, seduced by the intoxicating musk of pure unadulterated aggression.....
Thanks for contributing so much to both the content and the collegial atmosphere of the encyclopedia. So sorry to see that the idiots from over the pond have driven you away. Best wishes, and please come back and continue building the encyclopedia. PamD 23:29, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
Collegial atmosphere? Sarcasm?

"idiots from over the pond" is of course a reference to the absurd theory that Eric is only hated by (coastal?) Americans, due to their love of safe spaces, or some bullshit. It's never made sense to this Brit, who can easily see Eric wouldn't survive in any real world British environment, be it an office, dock yard or pub. If he carried on the way he does at Wikipedia, he's getting fired, punched or knee capped, and not necessarily respectively.

Spreading this bullshit is the Wikipedia equivalent of Flat Eartherism. Nobody ever gets blocked for it.

Not hard to see why she's so far up Eric's ass, what comes out of her mouth is pure shit. In forty comments posted by her to Eric.....

https://xtools.wmflabs.org/topedits/en. ... ic_Corbett

....you're not going to find a single piece of criticism of his behavior at all, just obsequious laments for his frequent brushes with the wikilaw. She wants his babies, basically. For the North. Even though she is a barren bitch.

In amongst all that fawning "collaboration", which does rather demonstrate how Eric's enablers really do proceed as if he is a great big bear who mustn't ever be approached with anything but complete and total submission, is of course the signs that this woman values her partnership with Eric over any kind of feminist cause. Like all of his harem, standing up for their gender is forbidden, certainly while they occupy his tent.

The only rational response to such inaction against obvious cult-like fandom masquerading as community relations, is for right minded British Wikipedians, who must be sick to death of their culture being maligned as the sort of place where the ferret fucker would be lauded, to make sure Wikipedia becomes a hostile environment for Pam, using all the methods patented by Eric. If she complains, tell her that if she doesn't shut her fucking Northern Monkey pie hole she's going to get a kick right in the cunt, and make no mistake.

(sarcasm). Maybe.

HTD Pam gets cunt punted.

Hilarious that much of the time the harem spends talking to each other, is on the topic of why nobody wants to write for Wikipedia. They literally don't see it. It's called basic human dignity. Most people don't want to sacrifice it for the meagre reward of the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you created a little bit of free knowledge. They don't want to become pathetic fawning figures like Pam, they don't want to tip-toe around the designated Ogres. They don't want to be subject to rules which in the eyes of the people they'd supposedly have to collaborate with, should not apply to their Beloved.
Last edited by CrowsNest on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 am

The mean problem is the extreem poor quality of the Abs. They are or self promoters like Ijzeren Jan (WP-Nl) and Newyorkbrad, or total crap users, often even with a mental defect like SjoerdeB (WP-Nl). Or Wikimedia=>Romane who with socks was for sure als a Arb and sysop for years! Kwek, kwek, kwek, the eccentric deaf Blueknight, isn't it Romaine? And what about De Wikischim you had obesely acces to?

Woudloper, a for ever Arb on WP-Nl once was very, very honest and wrote a piece on WP-Nl, a Wiki Arbcom is not a Arbcom at all. Because they just try to find a solution to keep the peeps calm in the form of a consensus also with corrupt arb's. (He mentioned vriendjespolitiek explicit).That was extreem honest piece, that credit Woudloper gets from me.

Persons like for instance Vintroll aka Vinvlugt, a deep corrupt Arb and troll and professor CaAl who is/was only interesting in partying around with his chapter friends and who is playing for years a total uninformed cop on WP-Nl are a disaster in Arbcom. They are all Arbs out of the time of insulting Wikimedia BasvB and sock Blueknight and self promoter Oscar van Dillen.
But these are the people both on WP-Nl and WP-En and probably on other WP's who rubberstamp people for ever. And that is the main problem. Because a Arbcom rubber stamp is taken very, very serious in the rest of the wiki movement.

The extreem poor quality of the Arb's is a serious problem what poison complete wiki's justice chain. Because Steward and T&S start to handle as where those arbcom judgment a serous judgments, what it simple not is.
And don't have any illusion I write this out of a kind of rancune because that SanFanBan is the best thing what ever happened in my life, otherwise I had never had met my friends here. Inserting people, intelligent peeps, good informed peep. And thank god not in the spectrum! Only that publication on that ban list on Meta was and is a huge, huge scandal. But at least I am ride of the wiki hell with all it's trolls and Spergs and can my time spent on nice things. (A LGB toy train update follows this weekend.)

And Anyone, wondering if safety expert expert James has taken his golden WMF extra strong chair with him to Twitter.
Jezus christ, this is simple abnormal! I hope for James he still has a hot line with Doctor James to give him advices what to do in a medical crisis. Also a self promoter by the way, doctor James. A middle of the road doctor who makes mainly small, I think botmatic edits on WP, and who is thanks to wikipedia with his normal doctors knowledge now getting the doctor of the world with his own wiki article. Just like friend Brad with his article and of his law firm.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 am

It's ironic that it is the software developments of the supposedly incompetent Foundation that point the way as to how the Eric Corbett Problem can be fixed for good, if simple policy enforcement like he was any other user, is off the table.

Partial page bans make it possible to create whitelists of people permitted to talk to Eric, and of the pages and people Eric is allowed to interact with. He would have a team of mentors, and he would have to apply for permission to work on specific projects. Since his only interactions with people would be for private consumption, they would take place on sub-pages, which would make white listing possible. Warnings would be placed that if anyone specifically goes to these pages, both authorized participants and read only observers, they are entering a zone where none of the usual policies apply.

This would be the benefit for Eric, since it would be made clear to his authorized colleagues, that in these designated places, he can say whatever he likes, and he is never going to be warned or blocked. He would only be able to edit/revert pages he has been authorized to edit. Eric would be banned from using edit summaries, given their permanent and unhideable nature. Any interaction Eric wants outside his permitted zones, and anyone wanting to interact with him who is not on the list, would have to be via his mentors.

This satisfies the concerns of both sides. Eric is no longer subject to the rules he finds so restricting, and the community no longer has to suffer his disruption, and both sides accept that this special treatment exists because Eric has been deemed to be special by virtue of the perpetual deadlock and complete failure of prior efforts to ensure compliance.

I'm not saying this should happen, I'm just showing a compromise position does exist, and the reasons why both sides wouldn't accept it, should be rather obvious from what it requires. The total and complete surrender of the basic values Wikipedia stands for, for one special editor. But that's rather the problem, isn't it - they're trying to accommodate someone who is not, and never will be, a Wikipedian, but who the Wikipedians want to accommodate anyway.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 am

It would be a win-win situation in favour both for wikipedia and Eric. But the main problem is fossilisation and rules made by users who have left long, long ago make any modernisation imposible. The wiki product wikipedia with all it Star Chambers, crackheads and troll and wiki fossils is fossilised in the internet from the previous century.

Een frisse wind, fresh air, that is what is needed. Not this, this product in this shape end up in the long forgotten dusty history of the beginning of the internet.This will reach in no way 2030, o no. And that needs other leaders.