Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:16 am

Pleading his innocence at the harassment site.......
There are no others [socks], not even that one. I've asked Wikimedia to disclose all the data they hold about me, and if they do I'll be quite happy to share it so that you can decide for yourselves who's in the right. Until they do, I have nothing more to say.
.....even gonna call the Feds on their asses.....
Have they had a GDPR SAR served on them before?
Turns out the IP mentioned earlier was him though......
I made one IP edit, calling ArbCom idiots and in particular pointing out that Molly is a vindictive and dishonest waste of space. So I plead guilty to telling the truth.
.....but considering the source, you can hardly trust it to be reliable.

Just more of his bullshit. Probably just trying the old roommate excuse again, and/or hoping they'll be worried because the IP data doesn't match his known account and that sock (because if it had, he'd have been blocked much earlier, and the sock discovered sooner), and/or knowing that if that IP edit he admits to isn't the one they mean, they can't reveal any others they might have.

Just wants to keep the game alive, hopeful of turning what was becoming a rather disappointing lack of drama for the end of such a controversial actor, into a respectable spectacle befitting his status.

His chances of furthering the drama rests solely with how much appetite the Arbs have for entertaining it all. I'm guessing they won't give a tiny rat's ass, easily being able to claim their investigation is sound, knowing that an appeal to a higher authority would be just so hypocritical now, post-Framban. The Arbs certainly don't care about GDPR - the beauty of only pretending you are the autonomous self-government of Wikipedia, is that you have adults to deal with that shit, it it ever happens, which is unlikely. Anyway, all CUs have access to his file, not just the Arbs, so if he can't convince a single one he has a case, with Giano accusing them of all sorts, he might as well save his energy and go back to fiddling with his ferrets.

And I'll say what most people are likely thinking - if he has been stitched up, if this is an inside job, an establishment plot taking in all CUs, an opportunity to avoid the farce of an Arb Case gleefully seized upon for the greater good, then good. He deserves it.

Karma, bitch.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:37 am

Also gotta be killing the toxic one that Jimmy Wales probably doesn't even know that his arch nemesis and been finally got rid of. I would have thought Giano at least would have found some way to get a dig in at the boss for getting Eric removed, his dream fulfilled at last, or perhaps even gloat that he lasted so long after the GodKing expressed his dissapproval. On that score, always great to remind them that all their bullshit back in the day came to nothing, did it not? No grand rebirth of Wikipedia, nor an exile of Jimmy to the Outer Rim. Just a decade of strife along the well worn battle lines of hatred and division, Wikipedia being neither the asshole's paradise they want, or the paragon of virtue Jimmy believes it can be. Just a constant awareness of the Eric Corbett Problem, and a realization it was never going to be fixed.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 am

Ah, memories.......
Let's be clear about this. The only person I've ever called a cunt on WP is Jimbo, who I have every reason to believe is not a female.
I can think immediately of many admins who appear to be proper and honest human beings. Unfortunately though I can think of far more who appear to be dishonest cunts. Malleus Fatuorum 03:38, 21 December 2011 (UTC)

You are so much a fucking cunt Spitfire. Malleus Fatuorum 04:52, 22 December 2011 (UTC)

If you don't want to be called a cunt Gaijin42 then don't act like one. Eric Corbett 14:57, 29 October 2013 (UTC)

How many of you stupid cunts are there? Eric Corbett 03:50, 5 December 2013 (UTC)

I see, you're the cunt I always thought you were. Eric Corbett 01:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC)

... it's very unlikely that you'll provoke me into calling you a cunt – even though I may think that you are – and hence giving you the opportunity to have me blocked. Do we understand each other? Eric Corbett 14:23, 17 August 2014 (UTC)

Jimbo Wales is a dishonest cunt of the highest order. Eric Corbett 23:39 14 October 2014 (UTC)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:58 am

It only goes to prove how long Eric was willing to give his time to a site he felt was run by "dishonest cunts", and how sad it was that so many of his so-called friends were willing to keep him there, grinding away, addicted to a thing that clearly made him desperately unhappy.

Even after he had totally lost the plot, still they wanted him worked to death, to squeeze every last drop out of him, rather than let him have his yearned for retirement after one last big blowout against the puritanical conspiracy that he always blamed for his misfortune.

What a waste of a life. His retirement years too. When he finally realizes he can't ever get that time back, and what little he has to show for it, it might actually be what kills him.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:04 am

Carrite wrote:Opabinia r. is on top of it...

I will say that the traditional judgment of "net positive" - the argument that someone's large amount of good content work should balance out their occasional annoying personal habits - really does rely on ongoing good content work. If you start to spend less time writing content and more time getting into fights, eventually that shifts the balance of that judgment.

If the case opens against him without suspending because he's temporarily buggered off, he is toast.

RfB

Called it.

He socked, i.e. came back, which started the inevitable Doom Machine...

t

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:16 am

Don't even try to call that a prediction, or claim credit for the easily predicted downfall by socking.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:37 am

CrowsNest wrote:Don't even try to call that a prediction, or claim credit for the easily predicted downfall by socking.

Ah, Crow, you need to learn humility. That would get you a long ways in life.

signed,

Timmy
Arrogant Bitch

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:38 am

The real soothsayers would have predicted something like what I seem to recall saying way back when - the long, slow, and really quite sad descent, from God to mere mortal, with only the die hards left at the very end, who don't even have the courage to drink the Kool-Aid with him.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:40 am

Corbett's one and only hope was laying low for the rest of 2019 and then hoping the new Arbcom totally flushed the bowl of turds now holding office.

But he couldn't keep away because of addiction or something...

I rather doubt there is a route back for him.

tim

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:05 am

Carrite wrote:I rather doubt there is a route back for him.

Yep, the punishments for "socking" are unjust, and often used to push out an editor. Not that I'm sorry for EC: it was silly to start editing on the same ip from another account, after he diva-quit - that's guaranteed CU block. Though calling it "abusive use of multiple accounts" is false. ArbCom saw an easy-lazy way out of a proper case, and they took it. Now that's abuse of / gaming the system (by the arbs), and that's how Wikipedia works. But who cares, right? It does not hurt, until the banhammer falls on one's head, and then one can do nothing, but walk away.