Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Make yourself useful Timmy and try to extract precise details of what your girl was actually on about here...
......I probably would've supported another effort to, if not exactly "clean" start, try to return to content work under a less attention-grabbing name.......Opabinia regalis (talk) 06:56, 3 September 2019
It's a real head scratcher, and I'm well attuned to her talking bollocks. Even for her, this sounds like some next level make it up as you go along pull it out your ass and invoke IAR stuff.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:38 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Make yourself useful Timmy and try to extract precise details of what your girl was actually on about here...
......I probably would've supported another effort to, if not exactly "clean" start, try to return to content work under a less attention-grabbing name.......Opabinia regalis (talk) 06:56, 3 September 2019
It's a real head scratcher, and I'm well attuned to her talking bollocks. Even for her, this sounds like some next level make it up as you go along pull it out your ass and invoke IAR stuff.

Nah, that's arcane history at this point. That ship has sailed.

The bottom line is this: Eric quit working on WP and the scale tipped against him fairly rapidly, because as an obnoxious fuckwit with a thin skin and a belligerent personality, weight kept getting stacked on the other side of the fulcrum. Every red flag was up, Arbcom was clearly locked and loaded, but Eric blundered forward instead of slinking off into the bush.

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:55 pm

Carrite wrote:Nah, that's arcane history at this point. That ship has sailed.
Bullshit. It's because you're scared, she's above your pay grade, you can't be bothering the likes of her with silly questions like what the fuck was this bullshit you wrote in your capacity as my elected representative in the autonomous self-government of en.wiki?

What a useless sack of shit you're turning out to be Timmy. Failing to meet some already pretty low expectations.
Carrite wrote:The bottom line is this: Eric quit working on WP and the scale tipped against him fairly rapidly, because as an obnoxious fuckwit with a thin skin and a belligerent personality, weight kept getting stacked on the other side of the fulcrum. Every red flag was up, Arbcom was clearly locked and loaded, but Eric blundered forward instead of slinking off into the bush.
Really? You're gonna come here telling me what time it is? Me? You know you can't pull that shit.

Eric's situation was as complicated as ever. He had become less active, but he was erratic, like a drunk in recovery. He couldn't seem to decide what he wanted to fuck with. He had quit, and come back, and quit and come back again.

There was no scale, there never has been a scale. It's only you and your girl who won't take your calls who have even been talking about his reduced output recently like it was relevant. Everyone else knows the score, Eric gained full immunity years ago, thanks primarily to NewYorkBrad. He knew he never had to lift a shovel again, they'd always have his back. Lifetime immunity. He barely cracked a hundred edits in the winter of 15-16, presumably because of the ass-cancer. Last article creation was March '18.

All that significantly changed these last couple of years, was his overt belligerence and taunting of the guards, and his willingness to push the envelope of his sanctions, to poke here, prod there, see what would happen, see how much disruption they really allowed him to cause, once he had wrapped his head around the fact they could be used and abused as three separate allowances, because that's what appeasers like Brad wanted. A special framework for a special little boy.

All this was done under the overall shadow of a man who was clearly sick of his situation, and basically just wanted out, but couldn't think how. He wanted martrydom, but after people kept refusing to rise to his bait, he realized that was probably out of reach. He knew a block was coming eventually, but he didn't really want to make it easy for anyone. Although I'm sure even he looks back now and can't quite believe what he was allowed to get away with.

No scales at all, no active monitoring of any kind. If anything, he was becoming an institution. Oh, what's that over there, gnawing the table leg? Oh, don't mind him, that's just Eric. Isn't he dangerous? Well, yeah, but we have this rule. You go near him, it's on you. See the sign? Where? Up there. Where? Right there! *squints* Oh yeah. "Beware. Bear."

No red flags, just institutional acceptance of the manchildbear that lived among the villagers. His fate was in his own hands. He could eat them, he could fuck them, he could do anything he wanted.

The only threat was the brave German gamekeeper, who was known to come around the village now and again, doing his civic duty. They'd done their best to scare him away, they spat at him, hurled racial slurs, told him he wasn't wanted, wasn't one of them, all that nasty shit. But he was not for turning.

ArbCom weren't gonna do shit, wasn't nobody on that Committee for years who really wanted any part of the Bear Management problem that Brad and Co. had shat into their laps, didn't want to hear a damn word about what he's been eating, where he's been shitting.

The German, he persisted. Made it clear that not only was he not going anywhere, but because he had seen the city folk despatch a grizzly over yonder this Summer, he knew he now had options. If the village council didn't want to back him, and were too chicken shit to sack him, he knew he could now call the city folk to get some of that serious hardware.

Even then, ArbCom really weren't gonna do shit except have one of their legendary three month gab fests about whether Bears are people too, and whether they should give their strategy of hopes and prayers just one more try.

The Bear, he knew what time it was. He knew the outcome of the hearing would not be what he wanted, no sweet release of death, nor a glorious charge into a hail of bullets, but something far worse. He would probably be moved to a small enclosure near the center of town, only allowed to occasionally feed on children scared toward him by the sheer ugliness of the village idiot, some half breed who goes by the name Davenport.

He didn't want that, so with all the mammalian intelligence he could muster, he finally figured out how to both aim the shotgun at his head, and pull the trigger with his bearclaw.

Kaboom!

Everybody wins. The only losers are the sickos who liked having a half-tame bear around the village, as some kind of weird mascot, a reminder of olden times, when men were men, and women shut the fuck up and stopped their whinin' about all the Bears eatin' their younguns, for they could just keep popping' out more, like what they were made for.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:18 am

Eric is now going to sue the UK Chapter because he was dumb enough to send them the data request and not San Francisco.

Well, it's a plausible narrative, I'll give him that. They're still hooked over there.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:24 am

Hilarious.
I believe that under UK law there's an offence known, probably informally, as "passing off"?
Perhaps, unlike you, I have experience of this "passing off" offence, and I'm quite certain that it would apply in this case.
Like watching a virgin explain he has "done all the sex" yessiree. Very knowledgeable.

Still more marketable as a wikilawyer than Mendaliv, if only for the sheer menace of turning up to a meeting with a steaming drunk Mancunian with fire in his eyes and fists clenched with fury. After all, they don't know he would be dead on the floor of an ass-cancer induced heart attack if he ever actually threw a punch.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:02 am

Another volley by an incompetent committee at a symptom, not a problem, and another great editor lost. Meanwhile Scottywong does another drive-by trolling without consequence or even a second glance. At least someone had the sense to revert him. What a disgrace. --Laser brain (talk) 00:02, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
Block him yourself, you coward.

YOU'RE AN ADMINISTRATOR, YOU HAVE THE POWER.

You don't want to exercise it, because it's people like you who have turned hard working colleagues into trolls. That's how he intends to show his disgust with you, and the community that is afraid to say a word about your rank hypocrisy.

So go on, block him! Say something like, we have rules against being a dick. Say it with real authority, like you mean it. Like you are actually a Wikipedia Administrator, and not a rent-a-friend.

Ɱ2xCdac
Sucks Noob

Post by Ɱ2xCdac » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:35 am

CrowsNest wrote:So go on, block him! Say something like, we have rules against being a dick. Say it with real authority, like you mean it. Like you are actually a Wikipedia Administrator, and not a rent-a-friend.

:!: owch :shock:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:44 am

With slow, baby steps, the Wikipediocrats are realizing Eric Corbett cannot get what he wants via GDPR.

Why don't they just read this site? Be much faster, and they'd look less stupid.

Fucking gimps.

Into the sea with you all.

Dysk, I thought you were meant to be our go-between? Like a social worker, for approved visitation.

You know the score, you surely understand this shit. He can't be given any information he doesn't link to him personally, and he obviously won't be doing that for sock accounts he claims were not him.

Of course, there is a way he could get around thst. In his data request he admits to being User:ObviousSock, they send him an email showing what everyone knows, that User:ObviousSock and User:Eric Corbett are a technical match, he edits it to replace User:ObviousSock's data with someone else's, and sends that to Wikipediocracy as proof he was set up and blocked as part of an evil conspiracy.

They're not so bright, so they'll send that shit to the New York Times before they even realize what he's done.

On second thoughts, cancel my friend request. I want to see how this plays out. 8-) :lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Hilarious......
@Cassianto, Sitush, etc - just curious: under what circumstances (if any) would you support an indefinite block of Eric Corbett? Banedon (talk) 08:36, 4 September 2019 (UTC)

When the circumstances dictate, I assume, Banedon; and I think that applies to each and every one one of us. ——SerialNumber54129 08:43, 4 September 2019 (UTC)

Yes, so what would those circumstances be? I'm interested in examples. Banedon (talk) 08:59, 4 September 2019 (UTC)

Why would you be interested in examples? So that someone could engineer it in a manner rather similar to what has already happened (not saying you would). FWIW, socking to !vote-stack would be one. - Sitush (talk) 09:06, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
There was no voting per se, but part of the reason Eric, sorry, Eric's 'room-mate' George Ponderevo, got caught socking, a technical match to the ferret fucker, was because they both tried to argue the same position in the same debate, artificially inflating the apparent level of support for what Eric thought was the right position.

That is functionally equivalent to vote stacking, if not worse, because you can make a duplicate vote in seconds, this shit requires the cold calculating mind of a piece of shit who long ago decided none of the rules apply to them. None.

It was actually pretty hilarious, watching new Eric refer people to discussions featuring old Eric, like they were genuinely two different people.....
This has been discussed to death. Have you seen the topic above?[1] George Ponderevo (talk) 23:22, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Proper schizophrenia, that.

And of course, it immediately invalidated any claim this was an attempted WP:CLEANSTART too, because clean start accounts are not supposed to return to old arguments, in part because it makes it more likely they get linked to the very account they claim they are trying to abandon. And he was kind enough to admit why he was abandoning it, in that very debate......
I'd better say no more on this topic for now, as my well-known bluntness may get the better of me. Suffice to say I remain unconvinced by arguments from self-appointed authorities. --Malleus Fatuorum (talk) 23:17, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
Turns out Georgy-boy was just was much of an absolute arrogant cock as this guy, another reason why he got caught.

You can change the username (at that time Eric having not yet begun to edit under his real name, which he hilariously thought would make people see him as more human), you can't change the evil person behind it. Pseudonymous account, real name account, room mate account. All the same asshole.

Over to you, Sitush, you absolute muppet. Time to make up another excuse for your good buddy. Perhaps an argument that there should be a statute of limitations on vote stacking?

I bet he claims he doesn't hear me. Deaf bastard that he is.

Unsurprisingly, Sitush is another wiki-asshole who found a very comfortable home on Wikipediocracy when it suited him. Didn't have to answer any awkward questions if he didn't want to, courtesy of the management. Always been considerate to the needs of the disableds, those quisling bastards.

Into the sea with them all.

HTD.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:28 pm

To remind people, this is what the enablers want the history of such incidents to be remembered as......
George Ponderevo was a clean start until it was revealed. Then he quickly went back to his own account. ...... Victoria (tk) 20:00, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
Wrong on all counts. An illegitimate clean start, failed precisely because it wasn't a legitimate clean start (stay away from old disputes, and stop the behavior that caused you trouble before), a failed attempt that he strenuously denied when it was uncovered, and to this day still claims was actually his roomate. The guy we know has been married for decades.

Fuck these people, and those who make excuses for them. With a nail gun preferably.

Twice now, he has forced extremely busy and massively overworked people to have to investigate his sorry ass using the CU snooper tools and compare and contrast multiple edits for behavioral matches, all because he's a little coward who could not and never has taken responsibility for his own actions.