Eric Corbett

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Eric Corbett

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Carrite wrote:And here's your research question for the day, Mr. Crow... What changed in May 2018 that made the Manchester Mauler drop out?
Well, that month was particularly tough for old Eric. He lost two fights he probably thought he could have won, and together with the fact he was apparently receiving an increased amount of hate mail, it probably opened his eyes to the fact he could no longer get by on just his name. Bearing in mind he had seemingly tried to retire a couple of times in the previous two years, before settling on a weird existence of just gnoming, while not talking to anyone. I think I called this his zombie period. He'd come out to that by November 2017, returning to more normal activity, which of course meant he was soon getting into trouble, leading to his May crisis.

At the time I had assumed he'd just finally lost the will to resist, those fights finally persuading him to cut his losses, with a likelihood he had created a sock as well, because cold turkey is hard.

It later came to light that around that time somebody had set up an alternate Wikipedia called Engole, and so now the most plausible scenario is that Eric had finally reached his Damascus moment. Was he going to carry on persisting with his failed methods just to piss them all off by merely existing, or was he finally going to put his money where his mouth was, join that breakaway crew and see if a Wikipedia built to his specifications, could be a success. Maybe he was even a founder, but I doubt it. He seems to have since taken over the domain, so perhaps he has forced all the other dreamers out with his characteristic charm.

That alternate wiki is still chugging away, but clearly it didn't satisfy some part of Eric that just needs to be starting fires, so on the pretext of telling people he wasn't dead, from July he was back on en.wiki in an extremely limited way, just to randomly drop snark and tell his tale of woe, like anyone gave a shit. Perhaps he was trying to get formally banned, to properly force him to commit to his new life, perhaps he just wanted a fight with former foes, but he was of course not banned for any of it, that would have required people to report him, so eventually he was persuaded by his former exploiters to do some worthwhile work between dropping turds, and so he quickly got sucked back in, part time grifter, part time sanction tester.

The rest, we know.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:08 am

So ........

https://engole.info/

Didn't the Mancunian Maestro start this with his Scottish sidekick, Sagacious Phil?

According to the Facebook page:

Engole is designed to leverage the best of Wikipedia while eliminating the worst. We are former Wikipedia editors who want to offer a better, more productive experience for editors and readers alike. You’ll find some of the best material that we contributed to Wikipedia here, along with much NEW and expanded content.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:38 am

https://engole.info/

That site has style, and gives an impression of quality. Both that cannot be said about Wikipedia. Good job.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 am

Some really puke-inducing comments over on Wikipedia right now.

On his talk page:

Laser Brain wrote:I'll continue to celebrate ... Eric's work wherever and whenever I can

And over on Drmies' talk page some sycophantic little runt calling itself IHTS [I Hardly Think So] writes:

in my dreams could I be as good a WP editor & outstanding decent/ethical person as he

I wonder what it is that inspires this cult-like devotion to a short little man [a teacher, actually] who clearly has a chip on his shoulder, little or no discernible ambition, and abilities as a writer that are in no way remarkable or even particularly noteworthy.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:17 am

Anyone wrote:I wonder what it is that inspires this cult-like devotion to a short little man [a teacher, actually] who clearly has a chip on his shoulder, little or no discernible ambition, and abilities as a writer that are in no way remarkable or even particularly noteworthy.

Mob mentality, worshiping the lord of the flies, or just outright fanaticism, to fight for some arbitrary cause.
The user names are quite telling about the users' mental capabilities, so I generally don't take these seriously: Laser Brain, I Hardly Think So

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:26 am

Gaslighted wrote:
Anyone wrote:I wonder what it is that inspires this cult-like devotion to a short little man [a teacher, actually] who clearly has a chip on his shoulder, little or no discernible ambition, and abilities as a writer that are in no way remarkable or even particularly noteworthy.

Mob mentality, worshiping the lord of the flies, or just outright fanaticism, to fight for some arbitrary cause.
The user names are quite telling about the users' mental capabilities, so I generally don't take these seriously: Laser Brain, I Hardly Think So

Ha! I think the name LASER BRAIN comes from one of the early Star Wars movies. I'm pretty sure Princess Leya insulted Harrison Ford. She called him Laser Brain.

This might have been in The Empire Strikes Back.

Regardless, Laser Brain [on Wikipedia] is a Grade-A prick.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Re: Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Fram 2

Post by Anyone » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 am

ericbarbour wrote:Now ya see? If you clowns did this on Wikipediocracy, they would probably have booted all of you. I am more generally opposed to idiotic censorship of "people we don't like", an act which does not seem to trouble Tarantino, Somey and (the former) Wee Billy. Because watching you snipe at each other is far more lulzy than Vigilant babbling incoherently.....please, continue.

In fact, someone please invite Fram over here to add his dirty little two centimes.

Eric Corbett would also be a good addition. He gives as good as he gets, and at times is quite interesting.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:19 am

Anyone wrote:
ericbarbour wrote:Now ya see? If you clowns did this on Wikipediocracy, they would probably have booted all of you. I am more generally opposed to idiotic censorship of "people we don't like", an act which does not seem to trouble Tarantino, Somey and (the former) Wee Billy. Because watching you snipe at each other is far more lulzy than Vigilant babbling incoherently.....please, continue.

In fact, someone please invite Fram over here to add his dirty little two centimes.

Eric Corbett would also be a good addition. He gives as good as he gets, and at times is quite interesting.

He's probably looking for a home, drop him a line.

t

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am

Anyone wrote:

Eric is the same as Vigilant, neither has shown the slightest interest or desire to be in the same room I am.

They like being the big fish. They don't like being questioned, not by people who know what they talking about (and can defend themselves against those who don't with ease). They cannot stand being embarrassed or shamed.

It's a misnomer that Corbett gives as good as he gets. He gives worse when he thinks he can get away with it. Exactly like Vigilant. The root of their epic bitch fights, is a fight for dominance. If they could dry hump each other, they would.

Speaking of which (open season, not dry humping), if it's officially open season per the management, Kumioko, you better find the number of a good therapist (I know you already have one, but he's clearly no good).

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Has he actually been booted from Wikipediocracy, or just inevitably got bored?

I only ask because of their habit of banning people without telling anyone or making any kind of notification at all.