ArbCom elections 2019

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

ArbCom elections 2019

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Something for CrowsNest to chew on instead of Timmy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2019/Candidates
3 candidates so far.
If there was a previous elections topic and someone finds it, I'll merge it with this topic.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: ArbCom elections 2019

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:59 am

Up to 5 candidates now, all longtime insiders. Hmm, perhaps I should post my notes about Gadfium? For the lulz?

Meanwhile, you can look thru his unbearably exciting Flickr account.
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/ctruell/

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:41 am

ericbarbour wrote:Up to 5 candidates now, all longtime insiders. Hmm, perhaps I should post my notes about Gadfium? For the lulz?

Finally some useful content on this board. More please!

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 am

What the candidates really said:

Hi I'm Worm that turned and I'm too faced and will stab you in the back the first chance I get.
- I'm Gadfium and I feel like I need to see the secret evidence on the Fram case
- I'm Richwales, I was already on Arbcom before and I'm a sellout....derrr.derrr
-I'm Hawkeye, I've never done anything to try to improve the editing culture on Wikipedia and won't start now. I work with 2 projects so a lot of their members will show up to support me.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 am

Kumioko wrote:What the candidates really said:
Worm: Kumioko, I'll unblock you now if you promise not to keep whining.
Kumioko: sure
Worm: OK, unblocked
Kumioko: So, these Wikipedia Administrators, what's that about?
Worm: FUCKING HELL. Kill me now.

:lol:

Five days to the deadline and only four viable candidates for eleven seats, one of whom has already said he will withdraw if eleven better people stand.

Certainly can't pin that absolute failure of the Wikipedian's supposed ability to be autonomous and self-governening on Kumioko and his reign of terror with his socky wocky army, since one of them is 'ole backstabber Dave. Soft touch that he is.

Could blame it on the vocal efforts of certain prominent Wikipedians, with the assistance of harassment site Wikipediocracy, to undermine and nullify anyone who stands for the role and doesn't intend to view their duty as doing anything and everything the mob wants. The people Kumioko was quite happy to be sharing bunk space with until a few months ago, when they suddenly and without warning became complete bullies who he never would have cooperated with in the serious task of Wikipedia criticism had he known what they were really like. They're mean bullies who work hand in glove with corrupt Administrators. Let people like NewYorkBrad say whatever he wants, and ignore whatever he wants. Who knew! I did, you fucking muppet.

Solid criticism of both Wikipedia and the critics who suck. On message and mission worthy. Wasted here though.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Back to topic and stay on topic.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Five days to the deadline and only four viable candidates for eleven seats, one of whom has already said he will withdraw if eleven better people stand.

Certainly can't pin that absolute failure of the Wikipedian's supposed ability to be autonomous and self-governening on Kumioko and his reign of terror with his socky wocky army, since one of them is 'ole backstabber Dave. Soft touch that he is.

Could blame it on the vocal efforts of certain prominent Wikipedians, with the assistance of harassment site Wikipediocracy, to undermine and nullify anyone who stands for the role and doesn't intend to view their duty as doing anything and everything the mob wants.

(yawn.)

Okay, Chickennest, let's gamble.

I will bet you five quid to the charity of your choice against five dollars to the charity of my choice that there are at least 12 administrators running for the 11 vacant seats this year.

That's a bit of a stretch, I'd actually take the under on that proposition in most cases, but you're such a bigmouth and a coward with an itty bitty little peenee (Hi, GS!) that I'll put my wallet at risk to make a point.

Here's a chance to reclaim a little bit of the cred you squandered in the Bat-Cow fiasco...

Do we have a bet?

tim

P.S. You're welcome.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:28 pm

ericbarbour wrote:Up to 5 candidates now, all longtime insiders. Hmm, perhaps I should post my notes about Gadfium? For the lulz?

Post it.

Look, ArbCom is a joke, Wikipedia in general is a joke, and it would be best if the volunteer brigade were kicked out and real encyclopedia writers/editors were brought in to bring en.Wikipedia to Encyclopedia Britannica standards. It will never happen, but it should.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Carrite wrote:Here's a chance to reclaim a little bit of the cred you squandered in the Bat-Cow fiasco...
It's like you don't even realize this is complete horseshit.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:44 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Kumioko wrote:What the candidates really said:
Worm: Kumioko, I'll unblock you now if you promise not to keep whining.
Kumioko: sure
Worm: OK, unblocked
Kumioko: So, these Wikipedia Administrators, what's that about?
Worm: FUCKING HELL. Kill me now.

:lol:

Five days to the deadline and only four viable candidates for eleven seats, one of whom has already said he will withdraw if eleven better people stand.

Could blame it on the vocal efforts of certain prominent Wikipedians, with the assistance of harassment site Wikipediocracy, to undermine and nullify anyone who stands for the role and doesn't intend to view their duty as doing anything and everything the mob wants. The people Kumioko was quite happy to be sharing bunk space with until a few months ago, when they suddenly and without warning became complete bullies who he never would have cooperated with in the serious task of Wikipedia criticism had he known what they were really like. They're mean bullies who work hand in glove with corrupt Administrators. Let people like NewYorkBrad say whatever he wants, and ignore whatever he wants. Who knew! I did, you fucking muppet.

Solid criticism of both Wikipedia and the critics who suck. On message and mission worthy. Wasted here though.

Yep I sure deserved to get banned for a talk page comment on my talk page. Cause banning people indef over talk page comments after spending years and hundreds of thousands of edits is how Wikipedia justifies getting rid of a critic.

Aside from that stupid notion by crowsnest, the real reason there aren't many candidates is that people don't respect the arbcom or their process. They have shown the community they can't be trusted and the community has finally shown they don't need or want them.

I for one sincerely hope this year sees the collapse of the arbcom.
#BbbGate