Worst blog you have ever seen?

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Worst blog you have ever seen?

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:05 am

I will start, with the notorious Arthur Silber.

http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/

The End
Sucks Fan

Re: Worst blog you have ever seen?

Post by The End » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Long ago when I was in college, I had a Xanga blog and someone left a comment on it. I went to the commenter's blog and found it belonged to a troubled 14-year old girl. Most of her blogs were rants against her "bitch" mother, her school, and her mandatory court orders. A lot of black and Satanic pictures everywhere, too. She also didn't understand the whole fuss of her putting graffiti on her school and other places. Needless-to-say, I blocked her. I'm sure her blog is either long gone or long abandoned. She probably has a teenage daughter herself, for all I know, and now her daughter has a terrible blog. Such is the circle of life.

(Does me saying I once had a Xanga give away my age?)
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 pm

The End wrote:(Does me saying I once had a Xanga give away my age?)

A little, but then I remember buying my first computer, from gateway. It was a 386x66 and I upgraded to the 80MB hard drive....the salesman said I would never fill it! I believe it had 128 KB of ram and a 33600 modem.
#BbbGate

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:34 pm

As I recall the 386 boards had memory capacity in the range of 1 to 32 megabytes typically.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:As I recall the 386 boards had memory capacity in the range of 1 to 32 megabytes typically.

You might be right, maybe it was 128MB. People my age are known to have memory problems.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:02 am

The End wrote:Long ago when I was in college, I had a Xanga blog and someone left a comment on it. I went to the commenter's blog and found it belonged to a troubled 14-year old girl. Most of her blogs were rants against her "bitch" mother, her school, and her mandatory court orders. A lot of black and Satanic pictures everywhere, too. She also didn't understand the whole fuss of her putting graffiti on her school and other places. Needless-to-say, I blocked her. I'm sure her blog is either long gone or long abandoned. She probably has a teenage daughter herself, for all I know, and now her daughter has a terrible blog. Such is the circle of life.

(Does me saying I once had a Xanga give away my age?)

Not any more than admitting to having a blog. It's already "oldster stuff".

That story reminds me of a local woman who a young gentleman of my acquaintance tried to "help". She had a Blogspot blog full of the most paranoid furious ravings I have ever seen in my life. She was 18 years old at the time (this happened abt. 10 years ago), on a long list of medications (which she refused to take), had a child at age 15 (which was adopted out by her parents under order from the local superior court), and went around couch surfing locally--and stealing everything in sight. Damn I wish I could remember the address of the blog, but then it was unreadable and ugly anyway. It's not a very unusual tale....until the 1980s someone like her would have been institutionalized, probably for life.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:50 pm

How outdated is blogging?

Stupidest Blogs hasn't been substantially updated since 2009. Someone posted a few items since then, most recently a hoax blog in August of this year. But is basically a "ghost site".

And this 2017 article is now hopelessly outdated. And was probably questionable when it first ran anyhow. Huffington Post has been declining for years.