Example of the biased and POV written content in Wikipedia

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Example of the biased and POV written content in Wikipedia

Post by Kumioko » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:07 pm

As we all know there is a lot of content in Wikipedia that has been written with an obvious bias or POV. I stumbled onto this image the other day and thought it was a pretty good example of this trend. Now one would think that the verbiage would all be pretty much the same regardless of race but no. For me this isn't about race at all but about some in the Wikipedia community to push POV and add their own bias spin to certain topics.
Attachments
Wikipedia pride.jpg
Wikipedia pride.jpg (82.99 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
#BbbGate

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: Example of the biased and POV written content in Wikiped

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:17 am

I actually think that Wikipedia reflects more of how the words "white pride" really get used.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Yeah maybe, I mean for all it's problems I haven't seen too much white supremacy type issues, at least not on the English Wikipedia at least. It is however overly focused on Western Society like America and England. There are so many articles missing for Asian and India it's ridiculous. Two cultures with more than a billion people each that have both been around for thousands of years and with a tiny fraction of the articles they should have.
#BbbGate

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 am

Kumioko wrote:Yeah maybe, I mean for all it's problems I haven't seen too much white supremacy type issues, at least not on the English Wikipedia at least. It is however overly focused on Western Society like America and England. There are so many articles missing for Asian and India it's ridiculous. Two cultures with more than a billion people each that have both been around for thousands of years and with a tiny fraction of the articles they should have.
I don't think ethnocentrism is entirely avoidable, but the English Wikipedia really does a shit job covering important items from places other than the U.S., the U.K., and Australia. I'm not even sure they're that good with Australia.