The GOP "spin experts" are even more pathetic than usual

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

The GOP "spin experts" are even more pathetic than usual

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJoar17jyo

"Politizoid" is some kind of anti-Democrat hit account on YT. The last videos on it were anti-Obama stupidity from 7 years ago--until the above was posted 2 days ago...

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: The GOP "spin experts" are even more pathetic than usual

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:56 pm

That's because the American Right doesn't get humor - notice how every time FOX News has a late night comedy show it flops. Looking at that cartoon, it's like that Vichy French animated short where famous US cartoon characters bomb France as a Vichy family illegally listens to shortwave radio from London:

That was from a film compilation documentary titled The Eye of Vichy (1993), put together by Claude Chabrol. I think the cartoon dates to 1943; the US 8th Air Force had started off hammering French ports with U-boat pens and bombing any heavy industry within the militarized zone outside of Vichy, then moved into Vichy because it wasn't a neutral French zone as it proclaimed.

Really the Roadrunner/Adam Schiff parody is like that awful album The Goldwaters Sing Folk Songs to Bug the Liberals from 1964:

That was their springboard of the old tune "Billy Boy?" withe the lyrics radically changed.

A written interview with a surviving Goldwater in 2006.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Cool. I met Barry Goldwater in my 20s, and had an autographed copy of Conscience of a Conservative. That was when "conservative" actually meant something, and Goldwater was, as described, a "terrible politician" because he said what he believed. This was before the Republican Party went entirely down the tubes. And, hey, Knott's Berry Farm, I went there many times as a kid, before there was an admission charge.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:15 am

gretapost.jpg
gretapost.jpg (36.46 KiB) Viewed 2559 times