Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Wikipediocracy: new confidentiality rule in TOS

Post by Kumioko » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:07 am

Carrite wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:21 am
Abd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:41 pm
It is a reality that the number of people participating here has declined with the bans of Crow and Statler; since you became the chattering tinpot dictator...
FIFY.

t
It's one of the reasons I stopped posting. That and because the mods here don't want me here and this site, like Wikipediocracy has become a joke!
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:52 am

Abd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:41 pm
"Wall of text" is the refrain of those who hate evidence and reasonable discussion. A very brief post can raise many related issues, and sometimes a direct lie can take a few words, and covering and showing the truth can take many more.

Here, Kumioko shows his alliance in reality with the enemies of open critique and rational discussion. He essentially agrees with Vigilant on his snark about length -- that is very important to discussion fora.

Beginning over twenty years ago, I identified the problem and wrote about it. So, yes, I have something to say, but to ignore what I say takes no time at all. It is not like we are in a space where only one person can talk at a time.

The trolls and haters capitalize on a common reaction to "walls of text," which has a very specific meaning, ignored here. That was not a wall of text, it was formatted to keep it from being that, and it was far from a "novel." Again, exaggerated polemic is characteristic of trolls . . . and whiners as well.

Because these people are critics in at least one sense, they have been tolerated. Those who are skilled at creating flame wars that are entertaining have even been protected, because they create more page views and activity.

The critical community has no unifying purpose. I used to call Wikipedia Review the neighborhood pub, where parties went to get drunk and rail at each other. But these sites did and still do have utility aside from that.

However, most people hate whining. In fact, that is why children whine! Parents really want it to stop, so, and especially if they are unskilled as parents -- and most start out with no experience! -- they will give in, so kids learn to whine to get what they want. It works with parents, sometimes, and it even works in some other contexts, later in life. And humans often don't notice when behaviors stop working and will continue them long after it has become visible as ineffective.

This site had come to be dominated by Crow and Graaf Statler, the former generating content of some value, mixed with liberal doses of hatred and flames. Graaf was mostly incoherent, and prolific with it. And Kumioko, under attack from Crow, refused to moderate his responses, to be patient with site moderation and he attacked the active moderator.

It is a reality that the number of people participating here has declined with the bans of Crow and Statler; those bans were made absolutely necessary by the open defiance of moderators and site administration. That's rule number one on any site: respect the owner and the owner's appointees, or your account is likely to be toast, unless they want to keep you around for target practice, to feed the dogs, and please the screaming mob.

If warned that you will be blocked if you continue an activity, expect that you will be blocked if you continue, and take responsibility for the result. At the present time, Kumioko is not under a warning. If he floods the site with what I consider harmful to it, I will warn him, and discussion will be possible.

I have committed, as a mod, not to block anyone without a violated warning, other than from gross and obvious necessity.

I am also privately accessible on the Wiki Tree House Discord Server (Invitation), and if anyone believes that someone has been unfairly treated here, PM here if you have an account, PM on the Server if not -- or blocked, I'm happy to read complaints. Kumioko will not be warned -- or at least not by me -- merely for criticizing me or for defending himself from critique or attack (even if he seems to have difficulty distinguishing between the two).

Both Crow and Statler increased their defiance when warned, and so were banned. They could still be unbanned, but it might involve some, ah, reprogramming.

Kumioko was short-blocked and did not continue the behavior. From what I see of him on the Discord Server, though, that's not because he has decided to be cooperative and useful, it is because he has given up, as he gave up on Wikipediocracy. There are much more powerful responses possible, but I see no sign that he's interested. He prefers to be a victim forever, it appears. (Unless, of course, the 'pedians straighten out and fly right, and, of course, unban the incredibly valuable contributor, Kumioko/Reguyla.)

Defining one's own life and purposes and activities based on others, so that you can blame them for wasting your own time, is a very Bad Idea.

Some people will burn out appeal channels. We create our life and we also create how the world responds to us.
No, these walls of text are like reading the clickbait stories on facebook that drag something that should be a paragraph into something that goes on for 30 slides!

And if you want to ban me, feel free. I expect this forum to collapse anyway. Theres nothing of use here whatsoever.
#BbbGate

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: The Kumioko Review

Post by Abd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Nobody here, active still, wants to ban you. But you can arrange it if it is what you want.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 pm

....Truly fun stuff.....

Certain people on this board need to calm down.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 am

Strelnikov wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 pm
....Truly fun stuff.....

Certain people on this board need to calm down.
If you're referring to me, having all my posts split off and stuffed into a trash bin doesn't really make me want to participate nor does it make me care if I get blocked. 99.9% of the comments here aren't worth reading.
#BbbGate

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Woo and anti-woo are points of view

Post by Kumioko » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 am

In case it hasn't occurred to you, I really couldn't care less how people feel about me at this point. Wikipedia and the WMF projects are toxic, the WPO crowd has been overrun by admins and enablers and Zoloft has largely banned all the critics like me so the admins will post. This site is full of washouts, cooks and crackpots.

I'm not impressed with Zoloft. He's nothing but a sellout. He wants WPO to be another Wikipedia forum. As for the people in this site, this place is a joke, no one posts here and with you and Juicy as mods the site admins have ensured this site will be ignored. It's impossible to take it seriously. I tried and this site had their chance but now I consider it a joke and waste of time. I may pop in from time to time like this, but with you and juicy as mods, given your track records, especially juicies, I gave no interest in wasting my time here on this trash site.
#BbbGate

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Kumioko's post moved as totally off topic where posted. Not even close. And he doesn't care, we get that and have gotten than for years, actually. While he claims not to care, he then spends years pointing out how much everyone else is losing because he doesn't care. Kumioko, don't stick beans up your nose. We don't care.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm

And that's exactly why I dont care. You just cut it and move it anyway. You have turned the site into you talking to yourself.
#BbbGate

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Vigilant!!!

Post by Kumioko » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 am
Kumioko wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:33 am
The only thing he's worth is about 2 and a half pages and a lock of the thread.
Normally I would agree. Unfortunately he's got considerable sway over Wikipediocracy's operations. And since he likes to troll wikiinaction (albeit with no success!), he's spreading his crap to other sites. Except this one--because he absolutely cannot take any kind of criticism.
Sorry there's no point in responding because the mods (abd and juice beetle) will just delete or move my comments anyway.
#BbbGate