CrowsNest on Reddit

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: CrowsNest on Reddit

Post by Abd » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:25 pm

More Crow on Reddit:
AndyTheGimp, another of Wikipediocracy's finest minds
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 86#p269686
telling people to go fuck themselves may occasionally be necessary if one is trying to build an actual encyclopaedia, or an approximation to it.
The inherent stupidity of the first part, which is classic Wikipediot logic, almost distracts you from the hilarious realization in the second, namely how rare it is to see a Wikipedia editor even admit that all they are aiming to achieve, is an "approximation". That 'cheap knock off' might actually be their true upper limit of achievement.

It certainly would have been, if Andy had stuck around. As is depressingly normal though, Wikipedia's loss was not Wikipediocracy's gain.
Not very 007 behavior
[...] Dear Wikipedia editors. If you're gonna use "007" in your username, then can you at least please try not to be such utter fannies? [...]
Abstract Wikipedia
[...] This is as clear admission yet, that a strategy of making it easier and simpler for non-techies to build Wikipedia, has been abandoned. [...]
See also Crow's comment on WOVigilant the legend where is he?. Crow realizes that this is a Smith troll, see my response there. Popcorn anyone? Will the ViliGnat ignore this? Has he really lost his mojo?

Rebranding, that's some funny shit right there
I suppose Crow thinks his parody is funny.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:23 am

I add a few Reddit posts to these posts here. As edits, those do not show up in Active topics, so. if you are interested, look above.
Meanwhile:
"The safety of our members is paramount." - Wikipediocracy
Wikipedia is free? Think again.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OKAPI

TL;DR: If you're a high volume re-user of Wikipedia content, you're now going to be charged for the privelage. [sic]
The proposal is meritorious. Like any good thing, it could be abused. Haters will assume that abuse is the purpose.

I found the API to be poorly documented, to the extent that it was effectively unusable. Access to dumps was difficult. Overall, this project could create value for researchers -- and critics.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Abd wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:25 pm
More Crow on Reddit:
AndyTheGimp, another of Wikipediocracy's finest minds
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 86#p269686
telling people to go fuck themselves may occasionally be necessary if one is trying to build an actual encyclopaedia, or an approximation to it.
The inherent stupidity of the first part, which is classic Wikipediot logic, almost distracts you from the hilarious realization in the second, namely how rare it is to see a Wikipedia editor even admit that all they are aiming to achieve, is an "approximation". That 'cheap knock off' might actually be their true upper limit of achievement.

It certainly would have been, if Andy had stuck around. As is depressingly normal though, Wikipedia's loss was not Wikipediocracy's gain.
I can practically guarantee that he's still editing via undeclared sockpuppets.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 pm

Daily Mail hating Guy Chapman (JzG) realizes he's about to lose an RfC, so he blocks the filer and wipes every other participants view from the record.
That's how you win at Wikipedia, just pure and simple naked corruption and abuse of power. You dare someone to stop you, and rely on the fact nobody will, because Chapman is just the symptom, the whole of Wikipedia is corrupt.
There is an indirect reference to a Daily Mail article on Wikipedia.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:18 pm

Abd wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:27 pm
Daily Mail hating Guy Chapman (JzG) realizes he's about to lose an RfC, so he blocks the filer and wipes every other participants view from the record.
That's how you win at Wikipedia, just pure and simple naked corruption and abuse of power. You dare someone to stop you, and rely on the fact nobody will, because Chapman is just the symptom, the whole of Wikipedia is corrupt.
There is an indirect reference to a Daily Mail article on Wikipedia.
Defamation suit against Guy Macon, Guy Chapman and David Gerard?
It can't have escaped anyone's attention that these three [redacted sexist term for assholes], who all edit under their real name (or in the case of Chapman, it is public knowledge), regularly make knowingly false statements about the Daily Mail on the Wikipedia platform, and their reason for doing so is their pure unabashed hatred of the Mail.

I have no doubt that all three are limp [retracted again] liberal wanks, whose reflexive attitude to facts they don't like, such as the obvious fact that the Mail isn't "generally unreliable" by any recognized standard of proof (evidence+analysis, by an expert), is ironically, to invent their own facts instead. Wikipedia being an absolute paradise for fake news spreaders, as long, of course, if it is the right flavour of fake news.
Nice find from Forbes: What Wikipedia's Daily Mail 'Ban' Tells Us About The Future Of Online Censorship

American bias, and how it infests every part of Wikipedia, right up to what you are and are not allowed to cite as a source
You will never ever see a more PIG IGNORANT comment on Wikipedia than when some dumb fuck American claims that the Daily Mail is the British equivalent of the National Enquirer, as some kind of comment on its journalistic quality.
[...]
The British equivalent of NE is of course The Daily Star, a publication most Americans will have never heard of, and might even assume it's some Texas daily newspaper if you didn't tell them. And yet, much like Fox and RT, you still have more freedom to cite the Daily Star on Wikipedia, than the Daily Mail.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:28 pm

He's been busy! (my linking here is not in any way approval. I will consider removal if anyone is offended.)

Beyond My Ken, not kenning something pretty ducking obvious.
What should Lightbreather do next?
Bradv - the classic Wikipedia True Believer
GeneralNotability, the Wikipedia Administrator who hates black people

The evidence for "hates black people," if it exists, is terminally thin. This post stimulated some response.

hezbollottalove [the sub moderator]
You seem legitimately unhinged.
Ond_Tvilling
You seem legitimately unhinged.
He's British.

This, plus the lack of home-grown British minorities of their own, gives them carte blanche to Pom-splain our own ethnic situation to us. Even more so if they have never set foot in the country.

And to do so in the most prejudicial cringeworthy sexist language.
hezbollattalove is himself weird, as his profile shows. It appears he is anti-BLM. And GenderDesk (Tvilling) finally noticed the language; she accused me of using sexist slurs -- I hadn't; she is, again and again, careless with facts, but at least this was funny.

El_C, blocking a user, then reverting and locking them out of their talk page, all to avoid having to admit their block is just the the usual Wikipedia corruption.
There is no cabal
Jess Wade, still an absolutely shit Wikipedia editor
Have CheckUsers been gossiping with Beyond My Ken, and if so, which ones?
Ritchie333: get your tits out for Wikipedia, lady editors!

That made a clickbait title, but the reality isn't quite so dumb. This is the diff of the Ritchie comment. This was a response to a question from two editors on the WomenInRed Wikiproject. A picture of "tits" is not needed, but cleavage.

There is also a meaningless link at the beginning, having no apparent relationship to the rest of the post.

Framgate, the truth and the conspiracy theories
Not posted by Crow but he commented, post by a possible Smith throwaway, u/MA_Fusion impersonating me: I live in MA and cold fusion is a major focus of mine. But they do this for any reason or no reason, usually attempting to stir up conflict. Claims to be Sucks staff.
Is Wikipedia biased against female journalists from Fox News?
(actually, this was posted by Ond Tvilling, though Crow commented.)
Last edited by Abd on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Guy Macon trolling people about the time he faked having had a heart attack just to avoid a crushing defeat at RfA
Guy Macon supposedly had a heart attack on 3 March, serious enough to require immediate hospitalization and a 9 day spell in intensive care. If I hadn't told you the date, ask yourself this - from his monthly edit counts (219 for March), would you have been able to guess when this alleged heart attack even happened? Makes you wonder what he was doing in July & August 2014 (a grand total of 3 edits). If it helps, he claimed it was because of a "non-life threatening" ("more on the annoying side of things") health issue.

He clearly lied about having a heart attack.
Oooh! A game to play! 500 contributions back from March 16. Macon was very active until 19:06 3 March. Then no edits until we see a "message from guy's wife" at 20:25 8 March, reporting a heart attack on "Tuesday" (3 March). Macon then personally edited next at 2:07 12 March, [url='"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... 9s_absence]commenting in the discussion of his absence.[/url]

I don't know the time zone for Macon. His last edit before the break shows no sign of impairment. At the time of that edit, the RFA was running 13:4 support. The unanswered questions probably contributed to the swing to oppose, but it's not clear. I went through two RfAs, and the last ended at about 50-50. Neither of them felt like getting my "ass kicked." Basically, being an admin is a pain in the ass, as Macon wrote.

I see no reason to suspect that the heart attack was "fake." What Crow calls "lies" were true statements that could be considered misleading in some way. Crow does not appear to ever have been a serious Wikipedian, and often ridicules ordinary process, and sincere participation. The Wikipedian vision was and remains attractive to many. The structure might as well have been designed to encourage dysfunction that defeats the goals, but it is easy to overlook that..

This is not a defense of Macon's alleged incivility, but this Caw from Crow does not establish any lies. And uses "c*nt" 3 times. Then again, Crow claims to be British.

I think Crow didn't like my comment. His response triggered a Reddit f-bomb bot, which then triggered an anti-bot, with 11 "fu**"s. Poor Tvilling (Gender Desk) will need a power washer to recover.
Crow, like Vigilant, uses "lie" to mean any statement he thinks is wrong, especially if he can present it as "cu*t" behavior. This is trolling, not critical research.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:19 pm

CrowsNest -- who is *not banned here AFAIK* -- continues bloviating as Reddit u/JackTheJiller
Red Pheonix
It's called addiction, you dufus.
The joke of the Cabal Not posted by Crow, but he comments, leading to interesting stuff. I also commented.

Iridescent rails against "List Defined References"
Iridescent doesn't "rail." He presents cogent arguments. The problem is that Wikipedia's decision-making process is chaotic, and nobody is responsible. So many different ways of referencing exist, and some are arcane and forbidding; sane publishers create a manual of style, and document exceptions, so that authors and editors don't need to reinvent the wheel, over and over, and learn complex wikitext for many different systems. Wkipedia is not a sane publisher, and that is why it cannot be reliable, and neutrality is elusive.

On the other hand, set aside the gratuitous ad hominem insults, this is one of the more cogent Crow posts.

Hasteur, dead
John from Idegon ragequits
I pegged this guy for what he was some years ago now. Did anyone in the cult listen? No. Just carried on with their delusions. Well, now you know where ignoring me gets you. Embarrassment, pain and misery.
I think he would agree that excessive modesty is not one of his faults. Faults? What faults? If he is an asshole, it is what the world, most of which ignores him, deserves, right? No wonder there is so much misery in the world, it fails to worship his shit.

About John from Idegon, the situation is obvious. Over 100K edits. Many long-term editors lose patience, and he acknowledged that he was short on patience. He lost a third of his body weight with the "health issue," and this seems to be associated with his decay. Such a situation can lead to poor judgment. His block was normal and not intended as a ban. I'd say he really wanted a way out, having lost patience and the inspiration needed to maintain it.
There are some who are trying to claim he has a health issue which should be taken into account. But last I checked, being an asshole was not a recognized medical condition.
People with health issues often act like assholes. However, I saw nobody suggesting that if there were health issues involved in his incivility, therefore he should not be blocked. And as to policy and guidelines, that would be correct. Incivility blocks are to protect the community, not to punish the user. And as it was not a ban, any admin could lift it, and he could easily create that outcome if he wants to. But he doesn't want to, not yet. CrowsNest has no idea how people like this think, because he has no sympathy, all he has is contempt and hatred.