Did you know? Blocked users were once unable to view Special:AbuseLog

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Did you know? Blocked users were once unable to view Special:AbuseLog

Post by CMAwatch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:24 pm

http://archive.today/2018.08.10-020729/ ... adderballe
An IP address present in the X-Forwarded-For header, either yours or that of a proxy server you are using, has been blocked. The original block reason was: Autoblocked because your IP address was recently used by "DexterPointy". The reason given for DexterPointy's block is: "
:roll:
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Did you know? Blocked users were once unable to view Special:AbuseLog

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:06 am

that was added to their MediaWiki installation without ANY discussion, some years ago.
And I will defy anyone to find public discussion of it.

So, is your IP address still blocked from seeing certain things that should be public?

PS, seen Requests for Permissions lately? Someone stuck multiple copies of this stupid box all over it, by posting it to a series of permission-request pages and inserting them as subsections. The format of the page is so messed up I can't even tell what happened. For years, people who wanted a special permission posted the request on the appropriate page. Now requests are apparently auto-denied and then removed by a bot quickly (?)
Screenshot_2020-08-16 Wikipedia Requests for permissions - Wikipedia.png
Screenshot_2020-08-16 Wikipedia Requests for permissions - Wikipedia.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

Mrspaceowl
Sucks

Post by Mrspaceowl » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm

I believe the only people who should be able to make a request to have records removed is a non-administrator whose reputation may be harmed long-term. Wikipedia should not be able to hide the data otherwise.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Mrspaceowl wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm
I believe the only people who should be able to make a request to have records removed is a non-administrator whose reputation may be harmed long-term. Wikipedia should not be able to hide the data otherwise.
Well.....they do. After 19 years of bullshit and lies and abuse, they have become quite good at hiding things. I've noticed that massive "long-term abuse" pages are becoming the ONLY remaining evidence of years-long editwarring by single people or sock farms. "Special sections" of AN and other noticeboards are also starting to disappear.

Wanna read about Grawp or Runtshit? This seems to be all you can find easily. And note: no mention of Amorrow at all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... se/Archive

Andy's been boiled down to this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ns/Amorrow