Users retiring from Wikipedia

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Users retiring from Wikipedia

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:29 am
Well I didn't start editing until 2007 so I don't know what it was like before that.
I do--started adding to vacuum tube articles in 2004. Back then it was quiet, and barely noticed, except by extreme nerds. Interest blew up in 2005 and by 2007, deletionist patrollers and their insane friends had a grip on it.

Always blame Jimbo. He put the worst people in. Mister "Sole Flounder" lied like a rug, and still does today.

His talkpage is STILL being censored by insiders:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =978514368

CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Post by CMAwatch » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 pm
Kumioko wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:29 am
Well I didn't start editing until 2007 so I don't know what it was like before that.
I do--started adding to vacuum tube articles in 2004. Back then it was quiet, and barely noticed, except by extreme nerds. Interest blew up in 2005 and by 2007, deletionist patrollers and their insane friends had a grip on it.

Always blame Jimbo. He put the worst people in. Mister "Sole Flounder" lied like a rug, and still does today.

His talkpage is STILL being censored by insiders:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =978514368

Future Perfect at Sunrise?!

What kind of user name is that?!

----

Here is someone who went from administrator to blocked sockmaster, similarly to Edgar181.
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:22 am

CMAwatch wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:17 am
Future Perfect at Sunrise?!

What kind of user name is that?!
Ha ha......
Lukas Pietsch

Dr. Pietsch <lukas.pietsch uni-hamburg.de> is a well-regarded professor of English at the University of Hamburg, and a published academic figure in the world of linguistics. Remarkably, he is also a backstabbing, power-mongering administrator on the English Wikipedia, under the ridiculous name Future Perfect at Sunrise (T-C-F-R-B). Pietsch enjoys sticking his arrogant nose into unpleasant ethnic disputes over Wikipedia articles.

background

How Pietsch has time to be a university professor, write books and papers, and be an annoyance on Wikimedia projects is completely baffling. He has unquestionably edited Wikipedia during working hours in Germany, hundreds of times. As a student at the University of Freiburg, he participated in a mailing list concerned with linguistics.[1] Evidently Pietsch considers himself an expert on Macedonia, as he has battled with people on Usenet over Macedonian history many times.

Quote: "I am very interested in Balkan politics, so I often argue against the use of scholarly sources, misquote other people's work and misrepresent historical facts in order to push my view in wikipedia. That is so cool! I honestly feel that I should never have been born a German as my heart trully (sic) lies with the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. I even find myself arguing that the ancient kingdom of Macedonia was never Greek! "

WP work

According to this old WR thread, he started out editing under LukasPietsch. He was subjected to a July 2006 checkuser case that was declined, then later erased. "Declined Please provide evidence of policy violations. Sockpuppetry is not, in itself, a violation. Mackensen (talk) 19:49, 22 July 2006 (UTC)" Also.

First appearance as Future Perfect at Sunrise April 2006. The first thing he did was to set up his monobook.js file so he could use an editing bot, he clearly had previous experience under another account (or multiple accounts). Loved to argue with people over various aspects and figures in German, Greek, Turkish, and Macedonian history. By June he was patrolling and participating in AFDs. 50-100 edits per day were not unusual. (He possesses an account on de-WP, but does almost no work there.)

Being a patroller who pretended to mediate squabbles, his November 2006 RFA was an easy success. As usual, the instant he got admin powers, he started blocking people--some for simple vandalism, some for getting into content disputes with him. As of April 2012 he has blocked about 4000 users. As of February 2014, this number had increased to roughly 4500.

Dr. Pietsch's middle name seems to be "Ethnic Warfare", judging from the many complaints about his activities. As usual, other administrators supported him blindly, and usually dismissed the complainants as "trolls" without checking the history fully. [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12] By 2008 he was an expert wikilawyer. [13]
LukasPietsch.jpg
LukasPietsch.jpg (44.39 KiB) Viewed 4888 times

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:10 am

I just read that Cassianto and schrocat are claiming retirement. Good, Wikipedia is better off without them. Tqo more gone that voted for my ban.
#BbbGate

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:13 am

I never really had to much trouble with FPAS myself but there was an arrogance about him I found annoying.
#BbbGate

CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Guess who is still editing! (Prahlad balaji)

Post by CMAwatch » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:53 pm

While getting exiled from enwiki, by far the largest WMF project, discourages some editors so much that they leave all WMF projects altogether, ◇PRAHLADbalaji appears still to be working on WikiData and Simple.Wikipedia.org: https://guc.toolforge.org/?user=Prahlad+balaji
#BbbGate
ericbarbour wrote:
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:10 am
I just read that Cassianto and schrocat are claiming retirement. Good, Wikipedia is better off without them.
I seriously doubt Cassianto will just walk away. He's been grinding en-WP for ten years, and someone's got to guard that stupid little shrine he built for Stanley Holloway. (Family relation maybe? And why are British editors so prone to fighting over shit like this?)

I suspect SchroCat was one of Cassianto's sockpuppets. The account history was erased and concealed, but he was frequently dragged to AN/I and Arbcom over stupidity related to British actors. Which is what Cassianto also did.
I never really had to much trouble with FPAS myself but there was an arrogance about him I found annoying.
The less we mention his petty little ass, the better.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Here is someone who went from administrator to blocked sockmaster, similarly to Edgar181.
Od Mishehu (Eli Falk from Israel) was a really strange character. If not for the 2011 Arbcom mailing list leaks this might have gone unnoticed. it took the fuckers EIGHT YEARS to do something about him.....

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... f=8&t=1087

Dan nailed it:
Leaving aside content and quality and wikipolitics and where any of you come down on all that stuff, once you've internalized this insanity you are a buffoon. You are all buffoons.

CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Hidden game rule

Post by CMAwatch » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:07 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
It's a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

Very interesting article:

Wikipedia:Wikipedia is an MMORPG

A hidden rule of that MMORPG is the law of holes.

This is their trap that lead to Kumioko's WMF death penalty.

It first started with a regu(y)lar (pun intended) block because of reasonable criticism of user Racepocket in 2011 (who, by the way, ended up banned too). Then it got worse over time.
#BbbGate
ericbarbour wrote:

CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Sunrise W12

Post by CMAwatch » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:22 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:22 am
LukasPietsch.jpg

I think I found a video of him driving a Big Rigs Sunrise W12 shortly after registering in 2006.

#BbbGate
ericbarbour wrote: