SlimVirgin dies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: SlimVirgin dies

Post by ericbarbour » Tue May 11, 2021 4:28 am

Cla68 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:55 pm
When she torpedoed my Request for Admin back in 2007, I think it was, I ended up getting into a lengthy email exchange with Jimbo Wales about her, and he defended her to the hilt. I don't think it was necessarily just because she had put so much work into writing Wikipedia's guidelines and policies. If I understand correctly, she would attach a headshot of herself to emails she would send to certain people and sometimes invite them to a video chat. If you've ever seen her picture, you would understand why. I believe that had something to do with why Jimbo Wales defended her. I expect that he was hoping that she would show up to a Wiki-Mania one day. For those of you unaware, Jimbo was notorious for using his status within the Wikipedia and social media world for dates.
As stupid and petty as that sounds, you can count on it. Wales is the sort of manchild who would hire a woman based on looks because he wants to "do" her.
Given Slim was that bad, given she had that much power, what the holy fucking hell do you think it means that even she ended up being an editor who, like everyone else, can't do a damn thing about David Gerard talking utter fucking bollocks, right to her face?
That's why I said she has ultimately failed. Since 2011-2012 she kept a much lower profile than in the past, and I suspect she realized that whatever "important crusade" she wanted to push on Wikipedia was not succeeding. Remember that she was being criticized CONSTANTLY on Wikipedia Review, starting in 2005.

Would you like to see the original WP article about Wikipedia Review, mostly written by Slim? It's REALLY not very nice. She was out to get them.
http://getwiki.net/-Wikipedia_Review

The permab& on FeloniousMonk and Will Beback would have really clarified the failure of her crusade. And now she's gone, and Gerard is managing to pull his usual old dirty tricks, despite HIMSELF being desysopped, topic-banned and humiliated already. Eventually the current admins and arbitrators will get fully sick of Gerard and say "that's it, piss off you old goth fart".

Eventually new lunatics show up and slowly force out the old lunatics. It's a bit like the gang wars in Fargo season 4: Jews controlled Kansas City's crime first and are forced out by Irish, who are forced out by Italians, who then fight with the blacks. In WP's case the original Jimbo-installed libertarian cranks (most of whom were serious about building an "encyclopedia thing", albeit with biases they wanted) are being run out by deletionist patroller nerdboys who think it's a big videogame.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am

Gerard is still an Admistrator. He'd sail onto ArbCom, if he thought there was any strategic point or pressing need for him being there.

He was recently topic banned from one tiny little bit of the encyclopedia, and that was only because he was found guilty of basic and obvious BLP violations. Stuff that looked like it could become a PR problem, because it really was so blatant. Gerard backed down from his usual wikilawyer the fuck out of it stance, because in the end, he saw it wasn't worth fighting about, and that if he had, it would risk his primary mission, for which he of course needs to be an Administrator.

If you had to list the five Admins who are never ever going to get desysopped, because they're not just crucial to the current mission of Wikipedia, they are the current mission of Wikipedia (which is ultimately how you tell the difference between him now and Slim at her peak), he'd be on it.

Gerard is literally rewriting the entire encyclopedia, single handedly. He is performing a FAIT ACCOMPLI. This is contrary to the holy scripture of the robed ones.

The pussies of ArbCom are no threat to someone like that. Nor are Wikipediocracy.

Jimmy is no threat either, in large part because he cares so little about what goes on at Wikipedia, that the dumb fuck genuinely thinks Gerard will be stopping well before the number of links to the Mail hits zero. Literally zero.

The Foundation don't care, their purpose on this Earth has little or nothing to do with deciding what is and is not a reliable source on Wikipedia. Sometimes that annoys the Wikipedians, who would appreciate their support in their fight against the Mail and the right wing in general, but mostly they are happy with it, because if the Foundation said what the Wikishits have been saying about the Mail, they could of course be sued for defamation, and it would cost them a good chunk of their endowment, with no guarantee they would even win.

Gerard wants to get this done as fast as possible, with as few people noticing as possible.

It is beyond lucky for him that the Mail, in their wisdom, have decided he really doesn't matter. That his completion of his messianic mission, can only serve their interests, if the world then looks at Wikipedia and sees that their ban of their newspaper is about one thing, and one thing only - the Wikishits dislike of the Mail's political opinions.

Gerard reads The Guardian. Jimmy Wales was on the board of The Guardian. Wikipediocracy member Micheal Cockram is the person who initiated the Mail ban, and tipped off the Guardian to get their presses ready.

The Guardian report of the ban is now the prime source in Wikipedia's article for the Daily Mail supporting this defamatory claim that they have been "widely criticised" for unreliability, even thought that makes no sense at all, it being a basic and obvious violation of Wikipedia policy to present an act of Wikishits, as the opinion of a reliable source merely reporting that act.

The Guardian has certainly never printed this claim as if it were a fact, or any words to that effect. They haven't even printed it as their opinion, which tells you something.

It cannot be challenged or removed, because Wikipedia is inherently biased, and because David Gerard and Guy Chapman are Wikipedia Administrators whose primary mission is to step in whenever it might look like the natural bias of the community might not be enough to prevent real world facts fact from replacing their fiction.

The very nature of power and corruption on Wikipedia, has most definitely changed since Slim was a player. These fuckers don't need socks. They literally do it in plain sight.

The only socks involved here, are the cowards who call me crazy on Wikipediocracy as if they're serious Wikipedia critics, and then with their undisclosed Wikipedia accounts, work to frustrate those who read my words on Wikipediocracy, and seek to act on them through editing Wikipedia to remove unverified text.

And I seriously doubt Slim EVER had everyone from Stewards to ArbCom members to filter managers to the Wikipediocracy site Admin all being prepared to lend them a helping hand in their daily acts of corruption.

It's getting to the point where you really would need the help of a state actor to seriously put a dent in any of this. And they're just surely going to turn around and say to any request for help, well, sure, we could do it that way, but wouldn't it just be easier if David Gerard one day just didn't wake up? If they even consider it worth their time, which they wouldn't.

I think this is what lies behind Guy Macon's fake cardiac arrest. I think he genuinely wants people to think he's important enough for someone to want to take him out. He wishes he was a Gerard or a Chapman.

And I have certainly not seen any new power players join this fray in over a decade. Sometimes an ambitious Admin will get involved, in support for the already established direction of corruption, as part of a transparent attempt to further climb the ladder, but it's pretty obvious the ambitions of those sorts of people are not so lofty that they seek to supplant the likes of Gerard or Chapman.

And I would lay good money that there hasn't been a single successful request for Adminship in the last decade where the candidate had ever said a stupid thing like, well, yeah, if you showed me evidence that David Gerad and Guy Chapman are deliberately violating Wikipedia policy in furtherance of a smear campaign against the Daily Mail or even a wider push to sustain Wikipedia as a tool of the left, I would block them.

Nobody who has ever expressed such a thought, much less shown an inclination that this is how they would wield power on Wikipedia, has ever been so much as granted a sliver of it.

This is the Wikipedia communty and realpolitik that has quietly evolved over the last decade, their survival strategy, with the help of Wikipediocracy being the sort of pace that prefers to hear the opinions of those who thinks that's a really good thing, rather than a realy bad thing.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri May 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am
Gerard is still an Admistrator. He'd sail onto ArbCom, if he thought there was any strategic point or pressing need for him being there.
He tried that in 2013. And had his ass handed to him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ember_2013

This is not a Q-and-A session for a "valued leader".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /Questions

Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Post by Daniel Brandt » Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm

I guess enough time has passed since Slim passed away, and it's okay to mention a thread about her that makes me laugh today. It's from the old WikiprediaReview.com in 2007-2008 (3 pages long):

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?sh ... 12450&st=0

It provides some details about Slim's adventures as an agent (or maybe a wannabe agent). In particular, "Johnny Cache" is quite funny with his posts. Aah yes, the good ol' days of Wikipedia criticism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Daniel Brandt wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 pm
http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?sh ... 12450&st=0
It provides some details about Slim's adventures as an agent (or maybe a wannabe agent).
You nailed it:
I spoke with a journalist on the telephone for over an hour today. He worked with Allan Francovich on the Lockerbie film, and knew Salinger and Cooley. He firmly believes that Mack was an informant for MI5. Some of the anecdotes he related about Mack strongly suggest that she was psychologically unstable. He said that as far as he knows, Mack went to Washington after London and hung out with the CIA crowd there. He heard from a friend that she married someone from MI5.
And I am STILL waiting for someone to explain exactly why hundreds of unstable people ended up embedded in Wikipedia's "cone of silence". Not many of them were attractive females like Slim; so why did Jimbo install so many other mixed nuts in the admin corps? Some came straight over from places like DMOZ, early wikis, or Everything2; that still doesn't explain why Wikipedia concentrated such a high level of craziness.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 30, 2021 10:11 pm

Cla68 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:55 pm
She was a Zionist, which seems to be a conservative cause nowadays, but she was liberal/leftist on just about everything else. She was really into animal rights and "peoples history" topics, like protests against police powers. For awhile she was really into giving Islam a hard time in Wikipedia because of the treatment of women in their religion and societies. Interestingly, that used to be a leftist cause (feminism) but it is now taboo in leftist political culture, if I understand correctly, and as far as I know once that happened SlimVirgin left them alone in Wikipedia for the most part.
True, although I suspect she had no really serious political leanings in her personal life, apart from pinning Lockerbie on some random Libyan agent (for personal reasons). It is my ongoing suspicion that she supported pro-Israel types like Jayjg, Crum375, Cirt etc. mostly as a way to purchase their support in her other jeremiads. Suspect the same applies to her attacks on LaRouche and protection of Will Beback, plus Prem Rawat/Jossi Fresco. Not really sure she gave a damn about any of that stuff except as added "targets of convenience".

Ultimately one thing is clear and should be emphasized. She was crazy. That absurd "Animal rights and the Holocaust" article is NOT the work of a stable and rational politically-active mind. It's the best possible epitaph for her Wikipedia career. (Or the worst?)

She was obsessively secretive, played her MI5-spy act to the hilt, and probably didn't write any kind of memoir. So we will probably never know anything for certain.

Daniel Brandt
Sucks

Post by Daniel Brandt » Mon May 31, 2021 12:26 am

For more background, here's a link to an article about SlimVirgin from Russia that I posted on my now-defunct site in 2007. I paid to have it translated into English. My archives of my old anti-wikipedia site are too complex to mess with, but I found a text-only version that I sent to a colleague at that time:

http://peace-dream.blogspot.com/2007/10 ... e-and.html

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 am

thanks, I did not have a copy of that.

But I DO have a copy of "Sweetbluewater" (one of Slim's most obvious sock accounts) email-squabbling with Mike Godwin in 2010, and constantly ccing Jimbo. She (or someone, I forget) leaked it to me in a 2012 email exchange with her and Gayle Karen Young. Slim was quite fond of claiming to be a victim of childhood abuse as well as her usual hobby of stabbing wikipeople in the back. Godwin was very unpopular with WP insiders anyway.

I could post that crap here if anyone is interested. Should we worry about how Godwin would regard this stuff? Copies were apparently distributed far and wide in Wikipedia circles.

Cla68
Sucks

Post by Cla68 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:40 pm

She appears to have been a fairly competent journalist. She was a good writer, able to quickly and effectively gather sources and draft a narrative in a clear and readable way. I believe, like many journalists, she was attracted to the profession in spite of its low pay (for most) because of its influence. She wanted to make "a difference." For whatever reason, simply being a journalist, however, wasn't enough and she tried to become part of the story, which ultimately made it impossible for her to continue that career. One of the attractions of Wikipedia must have been that she could use her journalism skills to promote her causes.

I don't believe that her Wikipedia account was a shared account. When she edited for 24-hours straight, it was probably she herself doing it. This would be indicative of an addiction, or at least the use of, stimulants like methamphetamine. Is she was a regular user of meth, then that would, of course, likely explain her medical problems.

I'm not sure if her support for the Zionist editors in Wikipedia was to trade favors. If she really believed that the Libyans were behind the Lockerbie bombing, then she may have had a real antipathy for Islamic radicalism and terrorism. The fact that she used to be actively involved in the articles about the treatment of women in Islamic societies may also be indicative of a dislike of Islamic extremism, or at least of fundamental Islamic doctrine. If that was the case, it would be natural for her to support Israel, as that county is (or was until recent developments with the Gulf states) a target of destructive animosity by much of the Islamic community. I figured she didn't like the LaRouche organization because of its perceived anti-Semitism.

Also, Mack is apparently a Jewish name of Eastern European origin. If Mack was her married name, her husband may have been Jewish, and Linda may have even converted to Judaism. Wasn't Jayjg Canadian? I wonder if they knew each other in real life?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:24 am

Cla68 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:40 pm
She appears to have been a fairly competent journalist. She was a good writer, able to quickly and effectively gather sources and draft a narrative in a clear and readable way. I believe, like many journalists, she was attracted to the profession in spite of its low pay (for most) because of its influence. She wanted to make "a difference." For whatever reason, simply being a journalist, however, wasn't enough and she tried to become part of the story, which ultimately made it impossible for her to continue that career. One of the attractions of Wikipedia must have been that she could use her journalism skills to promote her causes.
Agreed, but after she gained some small amount of power on Wp (especially control of policies), the problems started to multiply.
I don't believe that her Wikipedia account was a shared account. When she edited for 24-hours straight, it was probably she herself doing it. This would be indicative of an addiction, or at least the use of, stimulants like methamphetamine. Is she was a regular user of meth, then that would, of course, likely explain her medical problems.I'm not sure if her support for the Zionist editors in Wikipedia was to trade favors......Also, Mack is apparently a Jewish name of Eastern European origin. If Mack was her married name, her husband may have been Jewish, and Linda may have even converted to Judaism.
It's quite possible but again, we will never know--unless someone else comes clean. No one I've asked had any idea who the husband really is.
Wasn't Jayjg Canadian? I wonder if they knew each other in real life?
Yes, but again, no idea if they ever met in real life. Even the Mob doesn't have a code of silence as rigid as these silly encyclopedia nerds. Who the hell do they think they're "protecting"?