Johnpacklambert violated his topic ban again and I reported him. I was called a "problem editor"

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ylevental
Sucks

Johnpacklambert violated his topic ban again and I reported him. I was called a "problem editor"

Post by ylevental » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:20 pm

Here is the full link

Last time, people said that he would get one more chance. Also, clearing his talkpage was to hide that he didn't carefully read the article. I now said "You know what, I will just stick to fixing typos and small talk once every few months until I return, if I even return.": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Yleventa2

I am still considered to be a "problem user", despite the fact that I was blocked for an entire year and fulfilled the obligations of my block. Then, I reduced the scope of my editing. I would overreact to attacks from far-left trolls. Ironically, I retired because I was hounded by checkuser with no evidence.

Just remember, Wikipedians filed two false reports against me on the same day! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ruary_2022 and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ary_2022_2

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Johnpacklambert violated his topic ban again and I reported him. I was called a "problem editor"

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 pm

You are still just as much of a glutton for punishment as Lambert is. You know damn well they read this forum, and yet, just like wexter, you routinely come over here to complain about their shabby treatment of your socks.

Once there's an SPI page about you, they will NEVER STOP chasing you around their dirty little sewer of a website.

Seriously, why keep going back?

ylevental
Sucks

Re: Johnpacklambert violated his topic ban again and I reported him. I was called a "problem editor"

Post by ylevental » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:34 pm

I didn't sock, I disclosed that it was me. But you are right, Wikipedia isn't going anywhere.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:41 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 pm
You are still just as much of a glutton for punishment as Lambert is. You know damn well they read this forum, and yet, just like wexter, you routinely come over here to complain about their shabby treatment of your socks.

Once there's an SPI page about you, they will NEVER STOP chasing you around their dirty little sewer of a website.

Seriously, why keep going back?
OK, I will take the bait;
Hey, my socks take offense at that!, no the left sock is ok with it, but the right sock is all bent out of shape - My spare socks think you may have used too much leaded solder playing with tubes. The gym socks have not formed an opinion.
In all seriousness, my latest sock has been instrumental in learning more about "their dirty little sewer of a website. The sock has lived long enough to learn a few new things about the mechanics, more about some of the core players, and to understand why it is disastrously-successful while being a disastrous-failure at the same time.

Given my lifelong repulsion to bullshit; and my personal commitment to plain talking - I am surprised "Maxwell Smart" has lived this long.

EB you have helped Agent 86 survive this long by providing insight into what was happening in the background.

On WS we have insight into the "mess" from the outside; my sock has gained insight from the inside, it would take years to understand the nonsense in detail;

Wait for it!, The inside of wheel does not need to be recreated There are very few core Wikipedians that actually think about things (and I know he is lambasted here - so look past what you might not like about him) but there is a endless trove of insight here within this multi year missive;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Beyo ... n/Thoughts

--You can't vote about facts.
--the structure of the project, and the choices made in setting it up, work against an emphasis on serious encyclopedia building"
--I don't know if Wikipedia can or will evolve an institution which gives the civilian editor a fair chance against an admin"
--Wikipedia's design of using consensus as a determinative engine unfortunately conflicts with" building an encyclopedia
--It functions as a social network (paraphrase)
--Good Articles do not guarantee a good article
--Wikipedia has created a new class of super-users who have the capacity for making wholesale changes to Wikipedia, essentially without any practical oversight
--editing Wikipedia is a frustrating experience because the rewards of working on a project that has such fantastic potential are constantly being overwhelmed
--an editor can shop around for a justification for an act he's already decided to do
--Wikipedia needs editors not drones--path of editors on Wikipedia is to gradually get more and more sucked into the non-editing processes
--the claim that "Wikipedia is not a social networking site" is ridiculous on its face
--it is virtually impossible to get relief or satisfaction by bringing a complaint against an administrator
-- the most powerful engine of knowledge ever invented in the history of mankind — will prove to be its continuing weakness; whether that weakness turns out to be fatal remains to be seen.
-- The culture of AN/I is biased towards WP:BOOMARANG gotchas,
-- it also has more than its share of rigid, dogmatic, inflexible, unimaginative people who are unwilling or unable to see value in anything except their own fixed ideas. Interacting with these people will, eventually, grind you down

Wikipedia Foundation (and Wikipedia) should be kissing Beyond_My_Ken's shiny metal ass because he created a white paper which can be used constructively to solve problems. Of course we know his shiny metal ass will blow in the wind.

Anyone editing on Wikipedia for long enough will naturally go on a Bender! “Well, if jacking on will make strangers think I'm cool, I'll do it.” ...

I see Roxy the Dog got whipped by Boing Said Zigbee but did not find your ani (even talking about this nonsense is all f upped.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /Incidents

To the "wikipedia sucks newbies:" Here is John Pack "who had his egg scrambled, and fried, long before Wikipedia"

https://wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=2490
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:54 pm

wexter wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:41 pm
On WS we have insight into the "mess" from the outside; my sock has gained insight from the inside, it would take years to understand the nonsense in detail;
Well, don't post it on this forum. Write a BOOK and get it into print. Then people will take Wikipedia criticism seriously.
That guy is so full of SHIT that I'm amazed they leave this nonsense on their server.

The main reason he showed up on WP in 2007 was to glorify his late employer, New York choreographer David Gordon. It's STILL the longest article about any choreographer in history. That, and all related articles (Valda Setterfield, Ain Gordon etc.), are totally controlled by Ed. OPENLY AND WITH NO CONSEQUENCES.

He's been doing that for FIFTEEN YEARS. He has been blocked and unblocked more times than I can count. One of the most effective Wiki-Suck-Ups of all time. There was even an SPI under his real name, that was deleted "as a courtesy". Fuckers.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:00 am

Sort of related, I looked at the new headline picture in in the "lead" and "someone not familiar with the subject" or failing to write in "NPOV" on a subject without "General Notability" (Play the record screeching scratching sound right about here").
After deprogramming, a few bitch slaps, and two xanax;

I hope folks don't think the new picture on the top of the blog is of "us" at some sort of "wikipedia sucks" meet up. I want to be sure folks know it is a picture of Wikipedian hoopleheads.

I know you hate many/most/all of the Wikipedian d-bags - one of my socks recent observations is that some of the existing administrators know they have painted themselves into a corner of a no win situation (they just cannot escape from 15+ years of captivity, the cost would be to lose all sense of identity - and personal self-worth)

I met two admins that refuse to make decisions or think critically about things (even though they want to, this sentiment just slips out) because they know they are going to get massive push back, slammed against the wall, and humiliated.

IN AFD (which is totally misunderstood as far as I can tell) it's not supposed to be an up or down vote. Yet, An AFD coordinator/administrator will be lambasted for going against the "vote" (and taken to appeals - and brutalized) even though they have been tasked with thinking about the arguments made and making a determination. One administrator goes against AFD consensus anyway and takes the consequences. 1) one was sort of sighing after getting a bitch-slapping for having an opinion 2) the other out of frustration was go ahead and appeal (knowing there would be hell to pay)..

Many of the hard-core folks are captive to the system - and they are not happy campers. It would be a big loss to realize that decades have been wasted.

Wikipedia brutally punishes anyone who thinks or makes a decision. That is why the folks left, that remain, on the platform are like Beyond_My_Ken type, or worse ---- but it's totally amazing he is allowed to express "negative thoughts of any kind, in writing, on talk."

I knew his backstory, and that is why I issued a trigger warning in post, the missive is still worth reading - it reiterates some of the same bullet points I have been posting here.

Yeah, I was thinking how all this knowledge could be presented in a way that might interest other folks.

~~~~Fang, aka Agent K-13
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."