Anroth

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Anroth

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 pm

A shy boy, is Anroth. He doesn't want people knowing his Wikipedia account because.....
Its not a particular secret, it *is* however a protection under the outing policy on-wiki. I am far less worried about people on here than some of the wing-nuts on-wiki. And by the terms of outing, if I do not link them, they cannot either. Nor would they have the excuse that I have disclosed them here.
As excuses go, it seems weak. You'd only really have anything to fear if your real life identity was in danger through the linkage, and that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Poetlister tried to argue this was a Mason/28Bytes situation, where somehow Anroth's good reputation on Wikipedia would be destroyed by a revelation that he posts on the bad site. I'm sceptical. It hasn't hurt NewYorkBrad or any of the others who do so. And of course, the reason it hurt Mason was not simply the mere fact of it, but because he was running for ArbCom, and therefore people quite rightly took the view this was something about his digital life that voters deserved to know.

If Anroth is as open about general details of his life on Wikipedia as he is on Wikipediocracy, I can't imagine the average Wikipedia nut would have any difficulty tracking him down.

Given this is what Tarantino has to say about Anroth.....
When I look at drama on wp, it's often that I see you have stuck your nose into it, and usually the drama has nothing to do with you.

Just eight percent of your edits are to articles.
It seems clear to me that the only reason Anroth doesn't want Wikipediocracy members to know who he is on Wikipedia, is because it would completely undercut his attacks on his fellow members.

An offhand comment he made on Wikipediocracy about his long standing desire to improve Mary Gillham's biography seems to put Only in death (does duty end) in the frame (8.1% mainspace edits at time of writing).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Only_in_death

I can't see any Wikipedian being able to use this information against him on Wikipedia. If anything, he is more outspoken on Wikipedia than Wikipediocracy, and he certainly doesn't seem to be using it as a harassment platform as much as he just uses it to air his general opinions on Wikipedia. That may only be because it would make it easier for Wikipedians to identify him, but it's still relevant.

Ironically, it is his desire to attack his fellow Wikipediocracy members which may be his undoing - of John Carter's on wiki activity he says "he basically likes to accuse people of mental deficiency while harrassing them." and accuses him of "stalking Hijiri". I've no love for John, but he certainly deserves to know these accusations are being levelled at him by a fellow Wikipedian.

Amusingly, in that same thread Anroth is referring to OID in the third person - obviously a necessity when trying to hide the fact you're talking about yourself.

I am in no doubt, however, that there will be shit in his Wikipedia edit history that undermines some of his postings on Wikipediocracy. As much as I agree with many of his positions, I personally can't take anyone seriously if they are the sort of editor who fights hard for the right to have joke categories, or does things like turn their talk page TOC upside down.

As Tarantino highlights, he seems to lack the content credentials to be justifiably getting away with such things as a fully fledged member of the Wikipedia Fun Time Crew. Motto:Work hard, play hard. Life President: Bishonen. Chief Jester: EEng.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Anroth

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am

CrowsNest wrote:Given this is what Tarantino has to say about Anroth.....
When I look at drama on wp, it's often that I see you have stuck your nose into it, and usually the drama has nothing to do with you.

Just eight percent of your edits are to articles.

Tarantino is the only person on earth to have a database larger and more detailed than the one assembled for the book wiki. And he isn't revealing anything to anyone--unless he wants to snipe at somebody like Anroth. Who was a regular on WR long ago, and is unquestionably a WP insider. Look further into this little scene and the 100-foot waves of paranoia will overcome you eventually.

An offhand comment he made on Wikipediocracy about his long standing desire to improve Mary Gillham's biography seems to put Only in death (does duty end) in the frame (8.1% mainspace edits at time of writing).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Only_in_death

As you can see, usually it's quite easy to nail and "out" a Wikipedia janitor. And you might have just done it to Anroth (I didn't even bother with him before).

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:54 am

Dude is now claiming that because of his job, in which he travels around a lot (60% of his time), he does most of his content editing as an IP, which means in reality he isn't just a busybody. He would have people believe he would rather suffer the indignity of being treated like a second class citizen and have two separate wiki lives (to avoid outing), doing most of his content work at work, rather than create an alt-account for use on unsecured machines. Not exactly convincing. If he did just make this up because he is ashamed to admit that he really is just a Wikipedia busybody, that is properly sad. He claims he isn't concerned about the impact this has on his prospects for any future RfA, but of course most people, including himself, would realise the cache of being seen as a content oriented person extends far further than that.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Look at this sneaky fucker.....
While Fram may have proposed the ban, almost no one else who participated had anything more than a passing prior involvement with you
This is part of a post where he is talking to Guido den Broeder on Wikipediocracy. He says "almost no one" of course because he was involved (as OID), as seen in the AN thread that saw GDB banned again.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... en_Broeder
It isn't clear if GDB knows Anroth is OID, but if he did, I'm sure he'd be wanting to asking him a few questions......

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:33 pm

And now it's confirmed that Anroth = Only in death.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 59#p217059

Good work by Guido there.

Archived, obviously.

http://archive.is/INEH7

FWIW, after just a brief look over the things they're arguing over, I concluded that Lyrda is most likely to be a sock of Guido. That's not officially what Wikipedia thinks though, and what serious critic really cares? The game is rigged, Wikipedia insiders sock with impunity and readily create socks to get their enemies further sanctioned, so they really have no grounds for complaint when their enemies sock, and shock-horror, claim to their face that they don't. It's their fault that they made socking a capital crime, while making it so easy to do, so hard to prove, and the most tempting way to go when being screwed over in the familiar ways they do.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:55 pm

What a freak....
Until my interaction with you here I was largely ambivalent to your fate.
On what planet is supporting the reimposition of a community ban, ambivalence? And "interaction" is such a weasely word for insulations of pedophilia too...

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 am

Shocking... They only want to hurt him. But once Guido didn't obey them, and we all know you have to, otherwise you are out. Then you are for ever a wiki pariah, what is absolute clear. They just troll him out.

Guido den Broeder
Sucks

Post by Guido den Broeder » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:51 pm

They don't come much uglier than Only in death / Anroth.

He lives in the UK, by the way.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 62#p217162

According to Anroth, those who have left or been banned by Wikipediocracy are the "lunatic fringe" of Wikipedia criticism.

This pathetic post was obviously just a jibe at me, but I'm a big boy, I can handle it. The reason I want to highlight it here, is because it is truly breathtaking in both its level of ignorance, and arrogance. Who does this guy think he is, that his pathetic feud with me allows him to describe that large body of people, as lunatics? On Wikipediocracy, he thinks he's a protected little snowflake in a nice little safe space, that's who.

It takes a big man to be able to disagree with a post like that, without being disagreeable. My record there shows I could and indeed would have done it quite easily, but it wouldn't have made any difference, the little shit would have still had a fit of the vapours and been clamouring for me to be banned.

So Zoloft, I will ask you again, since you have recently posted here. Is this ignorant Wikipedian prick one of the people you respect? Is he one of the people you were acting for, when you banned me? Don't be a coward and dodge the question.

The lunatics would like to know, I am quite sure.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:24 pm

CrowsNest wrote:So Zoloft, I will ask you again, since you have recently posted here. Is this ignorant Wikipedian prick one of the people you respect? Is he one of the people you were acting for, when you banned me? Don't be a coward and dodge the question..

Waiting.........still waiting........ :lol: