View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 am




Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Abd banned from the WMF projects 
Author Message
Psyop
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
Posts: 957
Reply with quote
Strelnikov wrote:
Less Martin Beck or Kurt Wallander and more Josef Švejk, if you ask me.

Ooh, you said a sort-of magic word!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_ ... %C5%A0vejk
Quote:
Volunteer Marek
The character of one-year volunteer Marek is to some degree a self-portrait by the author, who was himself a one-year volunteer in the 91st. For example, Marek — like Hašek — was fired from the editorship of a natural history magazine after writing articles about imaginary animals. Marek is appointed the battalion historian by Ságner and occupies himself with devising memorable and heroic deaths in advance for his colleagues.

Speaking of honest people getting banned......Marek's block log is disgusting. He's still an editing addict and will say anything the clods like NYB want to hear to get unblocked after one of the biggest shitheads blocks him. He's still participating on Wikipediocracy, and they're still semi-ignoring him. This story goes on and on. (He don't like you, does he, CN?)


Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 802
Reply with quote
He hated me. Rather than explain why I was wrong in my characterisation of him as an editor, he chose to either ignore me, or claim I didn't know what I was talking about. Both obviously being acceptable under Captain Snowflake's regime of mutual respect. The unmolested presence of people like that, the obvious game players of Wikipedia, is yet another reason why nobody with any sense or experience with Wikipedia would pay any attention to what they, as supposed critics, say.

Below is a classic example of the little weasel running for cover - I didn't see or hear his toxic presence ever again in that thread after that post. The little princess clearly had no answer to it, at least none that didn't expose him for what he is, so he took advantage of their policy that princesses can say and do what they like, including playing hide and seek.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 32#p215432


Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 am
Profile
Modsquad
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 am
Posts: 130
Reply with quote
Kumioko wrote:

...it's interesting to me that the WMF is again using their office bans to target a critic of corruption, incompetence and abuse in their projects.


Yup. It could be "James Alexander" in the thick of it.

PS: That list is getting long.

_________________
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.


Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile
Banned_Troll
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Abd Lomax was banned for doxing, stalking and harassment. It was a justified ban.

He's an internet crazy with a rather toxic internet history:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Ra ... net_antics


Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Profile
Modsquad
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 am
Posts: 130
Reply with quote
Quote:
doxing, stalking and harassment


I don't know that Abd did those things, but I've read him uninformedly make Wikipedia-administrator-like sweeping pronouncements from on high. Before that I thought he was okay, but wasn't reading Rational Wiki and so on.

_________________
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 am
Profile
Psyop
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Elsewhere
Reply with quote
Catapult wrote:
Abd Lomax was banned for doxing, stalking and harassment. It was a justified ban.

He's an internet crazy with a rather toxic internet history:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Ra ... net_antics


Oh yes, let's let RationalWiki (founded by "low-rent Nosferatu" David Gerard specifically to create drama) be the ultimate source on "Wiki-crazies." The same outfit that is slowly driving a member of this board and the board's previous version bonkers because they will never take down a libelous article on him, all because he tried to edit an en.Wiki BLP the "rational"wikians were guarding. Gerard, his friend Tony Sidaway, and possibly a number of the original RW people were there on Wikipedia years ago fighting a war over Scientology (a war that went nowhere on a topic that was better discussed over at xenu.net), or joining in to dick with articles they thought were "pro-woo" (James Randi took the word woo, called all the people [psychics, UFO researchers, alternative medicine users, etc.] he didn't like "woos"* and like sheep all the Skeptic magazine readers, CSICOP wannabees, and his friends started using the term) because it was "for Science!!" when it was really yet another online dick-measuring contest.

I don't doubt that Lomax is eccentric, but is he as offensive as OrangeMike?

___________

*He probably was humming the Twilight Zone theme, started saying "woo" and that's when he got the idea.

By the way Randi's friends are fellow magicians like Penn and Teller, Persi Diaconis (he's now a math professor; they both knew Martin Gardner through CSICOP), and all of his fellows at the Magic Castle in LA. Stage magic is the last guild, and they do back each other from time to time.

_________________
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:25 am
Profile
Banned_Troll
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Strelnikov wrote:
Catapult wrote:
Abd Lomax was banned for doxing, stalking and harassment. It was a justified ban.

He's an internet crazy with a rather toxic internet history:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Ra ... net_antics


Oh yes, let's let RationalWiki (founded by "low-rent Nosferatu" David Gerard specifically to create drama) be the ultimate source on "Wiki-crazies." The same outfit that is slowly driving a member of this board and the board's previous version bonkers because they will never take down a libelous article on him, all because he tried to edit an en.Wiki BLP the "rational"wikians were guarding. Gerard, his friend Tony Sidaway, and possibly a number of the original RW people were there on Wikipedia years ago fighting a war over Scientology (a war that went nowhere on a topic that was better discussed over at xenu.net), or joining in to dick with articles they thought were "pro-woo" (James Randi took the word woo, called all the people [psychics, UFO researchers, alternative medicine users, etc.] he didn't like "woos"* and like sheep all the Skeptic magazine readers, CSICOP wannabees, and his friends started using the term) because it was "for Science!!" when it was really yet another online dick-measuring contest.

I don't doubt that Lomax is eccentric, but is he as offensive as OrangeMike?

___________

*He probably was humming the Twilight Zone theme, started saying "woo" and that's when he got the idea.

By the way Randi's friends are fellow magicians like Penn and Teller, Persi Diaconis (he's now a math professor; they both knew Martin Gardner through CSICOP), and all of his fellows at the Magic Castle in LA. Stage magic is the last guild, and they do back each other from time to time.


Lomax got into a feud with a couple of wiki editors, then used his blog to dox and smear them as well as insult them by email; so my understanding is that Wikipedia foundation banned him for harassment.

He's also a notorious sockpupeteer and has been socking on RationalWiki daily on dozens of accounts, all blocked:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Abd_ ... tionalwiki

^ This isn't normal behaviour dude. It's crazy.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Profile
Psyop
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Elsewhere
Reply with quote
Catapult wrote:

Lomax got into a feud with a couple of wiki editors, then used his blog to dox and smear them as well as insult them by email; so my understanding is that Wikipedia foundation banned him for harassment.

He's also a notorious sockpupeteer and has been socking on RationalWiki daily on dozens of accounts, all blocked:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Abd_ ... tionalwiki

^ This isn't normal behaviour dude. It's crazy.


....And my response is that nobody who works with RationalWiki or Wikipedia can be trusted, because they come from the same crowd (English-language Wikipedians). That includes Abd ul-Rahman (Dennis George) Lomax. You do realize that one of the guys he went after, Joshua P. Schroeder (aka iii, ScienceApologist, and a number of other random alphanumeric handles) was himself sockpuppeting Wikipedia a few years ago when he was a hard science grad student at one of the Ivies, because he got himself blocked repeatedly for being too hard on people. He was such a dick on the internet to people he disagreed with the Velikovsky Encyclopedia site took down its page on him after he threatened lawsuits (probably ALL IN CAPS with exclamation points), then turned around a year later and put a link on the page to a Wayback Machine file. Schroeder has since changed his last name, possibly because he comes up too much as the first Josh Schroeder search engines can find, and it probably screwed with his science career.

This isn't normal behaviour dude. It's crazy.

Did I say that Abd was sane? My point in the last post was that RationalWiki was created and run by drama-creators so they could stick it to people and ideas they didn't like in a way bound to create even more drama*. It is not a science wiki or encyclopedia. It is a snarkier, longer, more detailed version of that Skeptic's Dictionary site run by Robert Todd Carroll who had published a book by the same name. The difference is that Carroll's site hasn't been updated in two years, while the regulars are still on RationalWiki, because wikis are never finished - they just run out of energy. You are mistaking symptoms for diseases with Abd because he is really determined to fight like a troll. People have been blackmailed on Wikipedia to leave - FT2 emailed Poetlister a series of demands in a document now known as "The Anvil Email" to get him off the site and FT2 is still on Wikipedia. All wikis have weak spots or rules that can be twisted, and it becomes Bedlam Asylum quick enough. Abd ul-Rahman Lomax will keep this up until he finds something else to occupy his time; Willy on Wheels went away after a while.

_________________

* What they write on RationalWiki is what they would love to have within Wikipedia.

_________________
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm
Posts: 802
Reply with quote
Abd has his issues, but his detractors have always come across as worse. More obsessive, more devious, and definitely way more tin-foil hat paranoid. Given what they supposedly think and believe in, it's sad they don't see it. But I guess the real question is, why do they think anyone is reading any of this?


Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:06 am
Profile
Banned_Troll
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Posts: 19
Reply with quote
Strelnikov wrote:
Catapult wrote:

Lomax got into a feud with a couple of wiki editors, then used his blog to dox and smear them as well as insult them by email; so my understanding is that Wikipedia foundation banned him for harassment.

He's also a notorious sockpupeteer and has been socking on RationalWiki daily on dozens of accounts, all blocked:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Abd_ ... tionalwiki

^ This isn't normal behaviour dude. It's crazy.


....And my response is that nobody who works with RationalWiki or Wikipedia can be trusted, because they come from the same crowd (English-language Wikipedians). That includes Abd ul-Rahman (Dennis George) Lomax. You do realize that one of the guys he went after, Joshua P. Schroeder (aka iii, ScienceApologist, and a number of other random alphanumeric handles) was himself sockpuppeting Wikipedia a few years ago when he was a hard science grad student at one of the Ivies, because he got himself blocked repeatedly for being too hard on people. He was such a dick on the internet to people he disagreed with the Velikovsky Encyclopedia site took down its page on him after he threatened lawsuits (probably ALL IN CAPS with exclamation points), then turned around a year later and put a link on the page to a Wayback Machine file. Schroeder has since changed his last name, possibly because he comes up too much as the first Josh Schroeder search engines can find, and it probably screwed with his science career.

This isn't normal behaviour dude. It's crazy.

Did I say that Abd was sane? My point in the last post was that RationalWiki was created and run by drama-creators so they could stick it to people and ideas they didn't like in a way bound to create even more drama*. It is not a science wiki or encyclopedia. It is a snarkier, longer, more detailed version of that Skeptic's Dictionary site run by Robert Todd Carroll who had published a book by the same name. The difference is that Carroll's site hasn't been updated in two years, while the regulars are still on RationalWiki, because wikis are never finished - they just run out of energy. You are mistaking symptoms for diseases with Abd because he is really determined to fight like a troll. People have been blackmailed on Wikipedia to leave - FT2 emailed Poetlister a series of demands in a document now known as "The Anvil Email" to get him off the site and FT2 is still on Wikipedia. All wikis have weak spots or rules that can be twisted, and it becomes Bedlam Asylum quick enough. Abd ul-Rahman Lomax will keep this up until he finds something else to occupy his time; Willy on Wheels went away after a while.

_________________

* What they write on RationalWiki is what they would love to have within Wikipedia.


Schroeder was one of the reasons Lomax got banned by WMF. Yes, Schroeder changed his real name, only for Lomax to dox him on his blog (RationalWiki documents this: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Ra ... #Wikipedia). Schroeder then said he would take legal action against Lomax, and Lomax removed his blog article on Schroeder, but an archived screenshot remains.

Schroeder later informed Wikiversity that Lomax was harassing him by email:
https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php? ... id=1791745

Lomax was banned on Wikiversity about 2 months prior to being blocked by Wikimedia Foundation for misusing the wiki for "personal vendettas" and "wasting everyone's time" by filing fake check-user requests; his block by WMF involved yet more editors he got into a feud with. He seems to pick fights with editors on any forum or wiki he joins, and is a disruptive individual.

The fake check-user requests he created concerned Rome Viharo:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward ... ikiversity

Here's how Lomax originally described Viharo:

Quote:
Rome Viharo is a troll, and the evidence of that is clear, here on RationalWiki and on this page. I might in some ways be sympathetic to his claims of pseudoskepticism on Wikipedia -- or here --, but I would not continually shove those claims in the face of users here on RationalWiki because it would simply be wasting everyone's time, i.e., it would be trolling. The most amazing aspect of this affair is the claim of Viharo that Sheldrake asked him to look at the Wikipedia article. Viharo was totally unskilled on Wikipedia, dead wrong about the policies and customs of the place, and acted in such a way as to alienate other users who might otherwise have been sympathetic. His reports of what happened on Wikipedia are full of inaccuracies. He was not, for example, "banned." He was blocked. His talk page access was revoked because he abused the access. Yes, he wasn't welcomed and was treated harshly. But what did he expect? He was confronting a phalanx of established editors, without paying the dues necessary to become a recognized member of the Wikipedia community. He was doing this alone, without finding a mentor who understood what would work and what would not work, and following the mentor's advice. In short, just another opinionated self-important blowhard.

https://rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?ti ... target=Abd

Now banned though from RationalWiki and WMF, Lomax sides with Viharo against both :roll:

Quote:
However, soon after Lomax was blocked in 2017, he did a 180-degrees turn and now considers Viharo as a useful ally against RationalWiki and praises him on his blog.[65] Lomax is willing to side with anyone in his harassment campaign against RationalWiki, even racists or people he has formally criticized. Basically if someone hates RationalWiki, Lomax will cite them approvingly on his blog.[citation NOT needed]

Amusingly, note also above how Lomax approvingly quotes the RationalWiki article on Rome Viharo before he was banned; after he was banned though, he complained the article is inaccurate despite the article was virtually unchanged to when he originally described it as factual (i.e. writing "the evidence of that is clear on RationalWiki").

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Abd_ul-Ra ... tionalWiki


Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group ColorizeIt.
Designed by ST Software.