Ritchie333

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Ritchie333

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 pm

What to say about Ritchie? Well, pointing to this horrifically arrogant and ignorant 'declaration' is a nice start...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Lower_Bell&oldid=825661135

Ritchie is such a dumb fucker, and quite nasty with it too, that even if you were to baby step him through the reasoning which explains why the person with the COI is in no position to be declaring it has no effects, he'd still not get it.

So why has he even bothered declaring now? Well, it is likely no more complicated than the recent ruling which says any admin who is caught making a COI edit without a declaration, can be summarily desysopped.

This is Ritchie all over. He's supremely arrogant and impetuous, often conniving and tempestuous with it, but mostly just dumb. A definite case of believing his intellect/insight/ability is way higher than it really is. He can't be educated, can't be reasoned with, can't be persuaded he is wrong in any situation where he thinks he's right. Anyone who tries is just wasting their time. He believes what he believes, and is free with his nastyness to those he comes to dislike.

But he can be controlled, policed, managed, after a fashion. Much like you can control dumb animals with an electric fence. They may he huge, powerful beasts, with much control over their own domain, shitting everywhere and anywhere. But that is it. They have little understanding, and even less patience, for what concerns the zookeepers.

This is useful knowledge for society, since through his efforts in identifying and promoting the next generation of Admins, Ritchie certainly has designs on becoming Napeleon in Wikipedia's unfolding Animal Farm tragedy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Ritchie333

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 pm

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Arrogant prick.
FWIW I have an unwritten recall criteria, where if two or more people on a private list (who are all experienced admins that I trust) asked me to resign the bit, I would. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 12:23, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
Admins that he trusts?

Only on the broken project that is Wikipedia, will you find a group of people whose sole qualification for holding the position of Administrator is that they are trusted by the community, then being arrogant enough to believe they are somehow more trustworthy than some of their peers.

These shits don't have performance reviews, at least not mandatory ones (even the voluntary process of Admin review was marked historical), so the trustworthiness of an admin is a binary quality, you either have it or you don't.

And why a private list? While I'm sure his colleagues appreciate not being publicly shamed by the endorsement, I can't think that's the reason.......

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Just chit chatting about his wife to a stranger he met online, as you do....
......I think she's finally given up on WP as being too hostile now...... Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 18:59, 8 April 2018 (UTC)
Not as odd as you might think, he is married to User:Rhondamerrick

She does indeed appear to be inactive, her last edit being in December 2017. But is Ritchie perhaps using his wife to make a point that isn't justifiable?

A review of her entire Wikipedia history, which is merely 70 edits over 7 years so very easy to do, reveals there could be any number of reasons, such as....

-people generally ignore you (even your husband!)
-people leave impersonal messages (even your husband!)
-the language and technology is incredibly inaccessible
-there's an all pervasive sense of apathy or DGAFism
-efforts to increase diversity have failed

Unless he is meaning "hostile" in an overly broad way, I suspect Ritchie is misrepresenting his wife's experience for his own ends to try and position himself as someone who has genuine concern over Wikipedia's lack of civility, and its effect on the gender gap. It cannot be a coincidence that the comment came at a time he was trying to convince BrilleLyle she would be better off working on some of his Pink Flloyd articles than causing drama.

He has a cheek to be pretending to care about civility, his record shows he defends the worst of the worst, often using strongarm tacics, and this includes causing another user to say this.....
Confusion over this issue has caused a number of misunderstandings that have since escalated to threats, which is completely inappropriate and unacceptable. It is my hope that the misunderstandings will cease, forthwith. Kiteinthewind Leave a message! 22:39, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
The threats came from Ritchie, after he apparently had to suffer "Rhonda complain about this for half an hour at me". I'm sure his conduct in this matter was completely without bias and totally professional......

If she really doesn't like hostility, it's lucky she didn't stick around, because her activities on Wikipedia included writing (with Ritchie) an article on her uncle, using her user page to promote their music studio, making edits to two articles she apparently has an even greater conflict of interest over (as detailed by her unfinished C.V. in her sandbox). She may have even engaged a paid editing firm to attempt to write her own biography, albeit this was apparently before she knew Ritchie.

Unsurprisingly, given the post that kicked this thread off, Ritchie doesn't seem to have even tried to educate his partner in the present day rules and requirements over such things or do the necessary paperwork himself. Probably doesn't wasn't another earfull! It's questionable now many of the other Wikipedians they interacted with as a nominal pair of strangers on the internet, were aware of their relationship? Who reads user pages, after all?

One thing she doesn't have to worry about though it seems, is being treated to the full force of Drmies, Ritchie's great wikimate. I guess that proves Wikipedia isn't as hostile and unfriendly to women as she was led to believe......although unfortunately the rest of the world's female population won't have the protections her associations brought her, should they too attempt to engage with Wikipedia, for the best of intentions, or not. Well, not unless she's really open minded.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 am

That's not all: Rhonda tried to talk Sarah Stierch into not quitting her "Missvain" account in April 2014. This was months after the WMF fired her.

If you ever want to see the massive baked-in hypocrisy of Wikipedians and their warped idea of who's "in" and who's "out", look at how the news of Stierch's slavish paid editing was handled at the time (6 January 2014). Dozens of prominent and powerful Wiki-Turds bounced out of the woodwork to complain that Poor Sarah was being railroaded and didn't deserve the treatment. She was fired three days later, AND then dumped by the Ada Initiative. And then her extremely pathetic Wikipedia BLP was deleted.

Missvain continues to openly edit articles about commercial businesses in Sonoma and Napa County. Most probably she is still allowed into Wikipedia IRC channels and continues to have "friends" in there. I can't recall the last time an anti-COI maniac like Smallbones or Orangemike has belabored her for doing "bad things".

An attempt to ask Arbcom to desysop her in December 2014 was denied--by Mister Screaming Asshole Himself, Beeblebrox. Later on, assorted other arbitrators and insiders showed up to sniff "wrong venue" or "too old" or "other shit". Then it was archived, because it never happened.

Yes, she is still an administrator in "good standing", to this day.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:24 am

I can tell you she still pops up in the IRC channels from time to time but I don't think she talks much. I usually just see her loitering when she comes in now. Most probably just talking to friends on private messages.
#BbbGate

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon May 21, 2018 10:32 am

I am taking an extended hiatus from this place. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 06:35, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
No reason given.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:59 am

He's not even joking........
You don't want me working in AE - I'd snow close everything as "Storm in a teacup. Go and play outside." Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 13:03, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
Dickhead.

BombusUCB
Sucks Noob

Post by BombusUCB » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Me and Ritch have been advesaries before I got sick. Ritchie wants to protect Corbett and his posse while people like me want to take them down. Ritch needs to be banned to send a message against Corbett and company that their time is near an end. Wikipedia wants to pretend I'm dead but they used my death to justify blocking me when i come back (impersonator my butt hole).