Banning Catapult - a command decision made

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Banning Catapult - a command decision made

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:16 pm

This post is a declaration that I and I alone banned Catapult for board spamming, attempts at starting threadfights or drama with Abd, and general libel of Rome Viharo and Abd Lomax. It is my theory that Catapult was Oliver D. Smith and his brother tag-teaming a single account, and that one of them decided to go full troll this morning. I was forced to ban Catapult after I made the command decision to copypaste some of his slanderous posts into a thread in the Admin/Mod section of this board and he/they decided to repost the same stuff.

Eric Barbour and Suckadmin were notified before action was taken.

Trolls, please go troll elsewhere.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Banning Catapult - a command decision made

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:55 pm

I absolute blame James Alexander and WMF for this kind of incidents with there name and shame banning list. It is a huge scandal a Foundation is acting in this way, because it gives trolls like Catapult the chance to post in this trolling way, because Catapult made a connection to that unfair WMF ban.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:I absolute blame James Alexander and WMF for this kind of incidents with there name and shame banning list. It is a huge scandal a Foundation is acting in this way, because it gives trolls like Catapult the chance to post in this trolling way, because Catapult made a connection to that unfair WMF ban.

That's why, when James "I sense cheeseburgers" Alexander handed me the ban notice when I showed up to WikiConJob '16, I emailed him demanding that I be put on the ban list, because it was a couple of days afterwards and he hadn't updated the page. Thus my entry has "of Southern California" tacked onto it; they don't know where I live, but they don't want to be accused of doxxing at the same time if they wrote "San Diego County." I did that to show the world just what a petty group the WMF is; I think they wanted to quietly ban me (from a site I never edited and had no account on) because they think they are The Law - also Mr. Barbour told me that the WMF has preemptively banned people from editing for years, so if they are banning me, it has to be public and stupid.

As I wrote in this thread, I think that Catapult was Oliver Smith again or the Smith brothers tag-teaming until confidence was gained and then they struck. If so, this is all revenge for the Metapedia post I wrote where I had what ODS probably considers "the gall" to also post his photograph (taken from an Encyclopaedia Dramatica article.)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Yeah James is a major POS...err, I mean neckbeard!.

For what it's worth, I have seen a lot of questionable and controversial bans on multiple sites, but that wasn't one of them.
#BbbGate

WWHP
Sucks

Post by WWHP » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:03 am

I can't wait until this troll farm is in jail.

Stanistani

Post by Stanistani » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 am

Ah, that explains the mass email. Thanks!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks for dealing with this. They will be back, unfortunately.

(How does one make an anti-Oliver-Smith captcha? Joking!)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 am

I'd only just said this a day or so ago....
Abd has his issues, but his detractors have always come across as worse. More obsessive, more devious, and definitely way more tin-foil hat paranoid. Given what they supposedly think and believe in, it's sad they don't see it. But I guess the real question is, why do they think anyone is reading any of this?
The Smiths, they're some fucked up people too. But the WMF has historically failed to deal with people that are that obsessive, that determined, that devious.
Then they come here and prove me right. They obviously only do it to hurt/aggravate the people they're targetting. Otherwise known as trolley. How ironic. I wonder if JPS actually disavows this behaviour, even though he agrees with the global ban. If only there was a so called Wikipedia criticism site where he could register his approval or disapproval........

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:31 pm

My problem is indeed the role of WMF in this kind of matters. They first let thinks complete get out of hand, don't intervent, and at the end it ends up in tremendous fight. People, most time the perpetrators because they know there way in WMF start to send mails without any context to WMF-office, and thank god we have fatty James, who is maybe able to bake a hamburger (I am not sure), but who is complete incompetent for this job is banning the wrong one. Why? Because he has no idea what is going on, and at the moment he starts to understand what was going on he stops answering emails. Probelm solved.

But that is of course not the way to run a Foundation. It's the high way into the ravine, because Alexander didn't solve any problem, no, he made them only worser in this way. Why? Because nobody shut up and keeps his mouth shut, and the digital world is bigger than only the WMF products.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I won't say "good block!" because then I sound like some detestable Wikipedia administrative participant. But for anyone reading who didn't catch it at the time, Catapult was really posting terrible stuff. It wasn't even conversation, it was more one-sentence accusations with a link to go here or there.

This is a discussion board, so don't come here with some one-sentence hostile garbage, instead discuss.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.