Sagaciousphil

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Sagaciousphil

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm

If you want a great example of a "real" Wikipedian, look no further than this nutjob. WP:OWNERSHIP and WP:ASPERSIONS and wikipolitical factionalism are of course commonplace in the Wikipedia community, as well as just the rank disrespect for anyone you disagree with. But this freak takes it to a whole new level. Specifically, 11. ELEVEN!!?1. Unsurprisingly, their wikifriends are an impressive who's who of wikibastards.

You will honestly probably not find another editor who has been this consistently nuts for this long, not without having to seek professional help, as we have seen in one sad case. The addiction is super strong with this one. But l suspect Wikipedia didn't rot their brain, this is most likely merely the amplification of a pre-existing condition.

The only reason they've not been kicked out, other than Wikipedia's high tolerance for misbehavior generally, is their record of content contributions. Because oddly enough, despite their massive issues, they still manage to crank out the product at a fair rate. A frustration this doesn't earn them even more special treatment than it usually does in the wikicult, is behind much of their issues, for sure.

Another reason is that they can go for long periods appearing perfectly normal and balanced, before some trigger incident sends them raging. Much like a Tiger in a zoo, to a casual observer, most of the time there will appear to be nothing wrong, no sign of the potential for danger and catastrophe. It is a sure sign the issues are caused by a severe underlying mental issue, as opposed to just being an issue of a poor personality.

Other mental cases who have found a padded cell for themselves in the cult have been far worse, but only in the course of a shorter tenure culminating in spectacularly explosive burnout. And many have been at it for longer, but only at a lower intensity level of hostility, as part of their general personality.

Studying this user, you find the classic mental illness markers of extreme paranoia and a level of self-obsession/absorption that would make Casanova jealous. During one of their episodes,
it frankly doesn't matter what anyone says to them, nothing is absorbed, nothing penetrates, their delusions hold regardless. The bubble simply doesn't burst.

Here's how they reacted to being given a Discretionary Sanctions alert following the conclusion of the Infobox Arbitration case (which they were lucky to avoid being named as a party to) in March 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =833123184

Here's a nice infobox related example of them seeing things which only exist in their paranoid delusions, specifically a "combative tone".....which is ironic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =829928263

Here's a fantastically paranoid spazout against the "WiR/GGTF" cabal, which just induces utter confusion in their opponents as to what the fuck they are ranting about......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Eliz ... Archives/1

Their paranoia extends to fearing the evil "Civility Police" are watching their every move.....despite the fact their own block log, featuring just one entry three years ago, suggests this isn't the case at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =822923056

There's whatever the hell this was about......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =821389416

Adding and removing their own comments before anyone has even had a chance to read, let alone respond, belies a mental state that really can't be useful for Wikipedia collaboration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =815069624

Good example of the fixed nature of their paranoid delusions about their pursuers.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =809031142

More paranoia. And a bizarre belief other editors are meant to know their choice to not add Wiki project banners is deliberate. That's fucked up. Can't even begin to rationalise that as a belief a normal functioning brain would come up with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =798997340

Finally, an explanation for their paranoid delusions about the WiR project......of course, they didn't even bother to respond (because doing so shatters the illusions in their mind)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =780013125

That's what I found simply by looking through their talk page alone, and only back to May 2017. I think finally discovering the cause of the WiR/GGTF cabal freakout is a fitting place to stop.

I hadn't noticed until now, but they requested deletion of their user page way back in February 2017, no doubt as part of another epic rage. Wish I could recall what it said. I know there was a strange pic of a man in a kilt, which hardly gave off the impression of calmness and stability. Three hundred years ago, this sad case's ancestors would have definitely been running around the Highlands, axe in hand, painted face, screaming about freedom and those English bastaaards.

It is truly contemptible that all the institutions and public bodies that the WMF are trying to attach themselves to in a desperate attempt to to arrest their decline, are never told that this sort of person is the true face of Wikipedia, the sort of person they're going to be made to 'collaborate' with. The decline of course being because more and more normal people who found Wikipedia organically, are saying fuck that for a game of soldiers.

singora
Sucks

Re: Sagaciousphil

Post by singora » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 am

This:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:We_hope

At the very top is "Sigh...'.

The following comment reads:

Thanks for trying, We hope. Unfortunately the admin you approached has demonstrated in the past that any attack made on me is acceptable - this was despite it being known the IP was a blocked troll who was crowing and admitting to it off-wiki.

The blocked troll part links to me. I never trolled or vandalized Wikipedia, nor did I (or do I) have anything to do with this tag team's Infobox obsession.

As you've correctly observed, this filthy little cunt is completely insane. She's as paranoid as hell and as mad as a fucking hatter.

She also gratuitously insulted me over on WR. She is exactly the kind of vile, schizophrenic trash that Wikipedia needs to rid itself of.

For the record, I can usually recognize schizophrenia. A member of my family was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic when I was 12 years old. I discussed this with Dr Casliber and invited him to contact my family on the basis that he (or they) could talk about medication and/or rehabilitation.

singora
Sucks

Post by singora » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 am

Might this be her:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-threatened-cut-lecturers-penis-12317093

Quotes:

1. A student at one of Britain's top universities threatened to chop off her lecturer's penis

2. Stephanie Christol, 30, believed Dr Christopher Dillon was trying to mock her because of her lack of sexual experience

3. Furious at the perceived slight she emailed Dr Dillon, who worked at the university's Strand Campus, threatening to chop off his penis and stick it up his bottom.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 am

singora wrote:Might this be her:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-threatened-cut-lecturers-penis-12317093

Quotes:

1. A student at one of Britain's top universities threatened to chop off her lecturer's penis

2. Stephanie Christol, 30, believed Dr Christopher Dillon was trying to mock her because of her lack of sexual experience

3. Furious at the perceived slight she emailed Dr Dillon, who worked at the university's Strand Campus, threatening to chop off his penis and stick it up his bottom.

Er... no. I know who Sagaciousphil is and I've read her personal blog. She comes across as a rather pleasant person. But she edits obsessively (or did) and there's the problem. She did say at one point that she was going to retire. I haven't looked to see if she kept her resolve. Quite likely not, given the addictive nature of the game.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:13 am

Hasn't edited since their reaction to being DS/Infobox notified in March.

You have to now look at this permalink to see what happened, since her talk late is set up to archive her old posts to a now deleted subpage. People either haven't noticed that is the case, or they have but don't care, or do but are scared to do anything about it for fear of upsetting the nutcase. Isn't that so Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =833447657

Her last act was to trigger some silliness over the Janet Boyman article. Despite having already published it, she tried to G13 it on the basis nobody else had yet touched it. It was then moved backwards and forwards between mainspace and userspace as members of Team Asshole (Arbitrator Alex Shih and Bishonen soldier SeriaNumberblahblah) tried to defeat the sole and founder member of Team WikipediaForever (Andy Mabbet), who we can probably surmise has history with the nutty one. He prevailed, because apparently Arbitrator Shih saw into the future and realised he would not convince anybody that his use of the tools for reasons of "common courtesy" would not be viewed kindly, and the Administrator who defied both his move protection and his authoritah, specifically his command "Do Not Revert Again", would be ultimately viewed as the person most closely following the doctrine of 'encyclopedia first'. It seems likely though that seeing this farce play out is what finally convinced Phil to leave Wikipedia for good, so maybe Team Asshole needs to reflect on whether or not it is doing a good enough job.

Two months AFK is usually not long enough to make such a declaration, but if you look at Phil's stats, she has never gone this long without needing a fix. A dry month in October 2017 was probably her first faltering attempt at leaving. Before then, while she has had months with few edits, crucially they were months where she clicked edit, and soon quickly resumed previous levels, albeit never reaching the heights seen in the period of 2013-15.

Another case of an inherently assholish editor finally realising they are incompatible with Wikipedia, but their final inevitable departure being massively delayed by those trying to keep them there, and their own unwillingness to accept all their work has been for naught. Like all addictions, it can be defeated, but it is often only defeated once the victim themselves has been totally destroyed by the effects of it all.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Hasn't edited since their reaction to being DS/Infobox notified in March.

You have to now look at this permalink to see what happened, since her talk late is set up to archive her old posts to a now deleted subpage. People either haven't noticed that is the case, or they have but don't care, or do but are scared to do anything about it for fear of upsetting the nutcase. Isn't that so Wikipedia?

<snip>

Another case of an inherently assholish editor finally realising they are incompatible with Wikipedia, but their final inevitable departure being massively delayed by those trying to keep them there, and their own unwillingness to accept all their work has been for naught. Like all addictions, it can be defeated, but it is often only defeated once the victim themselves has been totally destroyed by the effects of it all.

Yes. I glanced through it. Sad and it's not the first time she's got involved in a shit storm. She was the editor who told the new administrator Liz (a librarian who struck me as a decent sort, don't know if she's still going) she wasn't worth the dirt on her shoes.

Yet if you look at her personal blog (of course I'm not going to dox her) I think you would agree she is a thoroughly pleasant person. So strange. We were really pleasant to her ourselves in our jovial way (we invited her over onto the dark side, more fun). Just ignored us and reverted our edits!

If she had merely stuck to editing within her expertise and competence, she would have been an asset. Instead this.

Simplification
Sucks Noob

Post by Simplification » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 am

Larkin wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Hasn't edited since their reaction to being DS/Infobox notified in March.

<snip>

Yes. I glanced through it. Sad and it's not the first time she's got involved in a shit storm. She was the editor who told the new administrator Liz (a librarian who struck me as a decent sort, don't know if she's still going) she wasn't worth the dirt on her shoes.

Yet if you look at her personal blog (of course I'm not going to dox her) I think you would agree she is a thoroughly pleasant person. So strange. We were really pleasant to her ourselves in our jovial way (we invited her over onto the dark side, more fun). Just ignored us and reverted our edits!

If she had merely stuck to editing within her expertise and competence, she would have been an asset. Instead this.

Liz is not editing since July 2017, though I had also observed her as one of the admin who shall speak out against established editors overtly protected by corrupt admins and she faced some criticism for that. I think she will be desysoped for inactivity soon.