You don't have to say sorry, Erika

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

You don't have to say sorry, Erika

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 am

Wouldn't it not nice if you said in public Crownest, Renée and me were all the time right, Erika? Because we tried to warn you for this deception, but you didn't want to listen to us. And now you are saying yourself in that topic you don't think your gender has anything to do with the complete matter, and on your twitter you wrote it's a bunch of lunatics.

But you asked Zoloft twice to mute me, and called me a sexist in public. And you was not very friendly to Crowsnest who only tried to warn you. What do you think yourself, Erika, time to say sorry or to say the three of you were right?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: You don't have to say sorry, Erika

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:37 am

She's stuck in a loop. Much like how a moth keeps flying back into the flame. Only here, the moth can speak, and keeps complaining about how the flame hurts!

She has said so many times that she gets it and appreciates all the good advice, that she even realises she is a moth, it is beginning to ring hollow. I don't think she gets it at all.

I suspect her only reason for even posting to Wikipediocracy is mere catharsis. She surely can't be seeking people who will come to her aid on Wikipedia, she's been there long enough to know that's not their clientele's main interest.

If she is as passionate as she claims about editing and the movement, not only is there no real upside to posting there (you want catharsis, go scream into a bucket), there's the very real prospect that the WMF will use her postings to justify a Global Ban, or some Wikipediot will report them to achieve it (hint:Andy). I don't think she could handle that. Being locked out of every project (and event), forever, no explanations and no possibility of appeal.

Has anyone on that board thought to counsel her of this risk? To make sure she knows that she isn't currently merely at risk of a local block at en.wiki, something she could appeal in time. Of course not. I could and would have, but Zoloft banned me, because the locals think I don't know anything. Good work Zoloft. Nice to see you really trying to help the victims of Wikipedia.

Related:

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... f=10&t=552

The mood music for a Global Ban is already being played, with this nice piece of something served cold......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =835449707

How ironic that she previously said this about that editor.....
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 78#p210178
I hope I never cross paths with him as an editor. The toxicity is extreme.
Pretty sure I told her in another thread that it wasn't a question of her running into these people or being able to avoid them, it was a question of them finding her at an opportune moment. This is that moment.

As can be seen from that thread on Wikipediocracy about Gage, other than you Graf, there was zero interest in discussing the editor at all, except of course KingsIndian saying he saw nothing wrong with his mentality. They only wanted to discuss the article. Oh, and Zoloft posted a joke gif. As is his way. Always adding value, him.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:10 pm

CrowsNest wrote:She's stuck in a loop. Much like how a moth keeps flying back into the flame. Only here, the moth can speak, and keeps complaining about how the flame hurts!

She has said so many times that she gets it and appreciates all the good advice, that she even realises she is a moth, it is beginning to ring hollow. I don't think she gets it at all.

I compere this effect with the famous optical illusion of what on a man's mind. For here, and I am speaking from my own experience and for other victims I have spoken with, it is not possible to get a clear view what Wikipedia really is, because she is still a part of it. And that is the reason she is behaving herself like that moth.
And from the first moment I understood she couldn't handel the situation. It must be so frustrated for her, she trusted these people, she believed in that project with all here heart, she gave everything, and now they dumped her. It is heartbreaking.
And catharsis is the right word/term for what happend on Wikipediocrazy. (I didn't know the word, had to look it up)
They didn't help here at all, they only made the situation worse. You, Kum, Renée and I understood from the first moment on it would end up in this tragic way and gave here the only right advice, stop with Wikipedia and go away from there. And I think you are right, I wouldn't be surprised too if a SanFanBan was on it's way....

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Well, she walked right into that one......
If we don't see such a statement from you within a few days, and all we get is continued rhetorical overkill and insulting remarks showing that you are committed to assuming bad faith, then I will make here a formal proposal that you be community banned from Wikipedia, if someone else doesn't beat me to it. This is serious stuff you're playing around with, and you're not going to get out of it simply by slinging words around. Beyond My Ken (talk) 04:50, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
As requested, an explicit statement:
"I will stop harassing Andy Mabbett."
"I will stop harassing Michael Mandiberg."
"I will stop ad hominem attacks on Art+Feminism."
"I will stop discussing my experience with Wikimedia NYC and its leadership."
"I will Assume Good Faith of other editors and groups of editors."
-- Erika aka BrillLyle (talk) 06:12, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
User has been warned by Bishonen, and has explicitly agreed to end their harassment of Andy, Michael Mandiberg, Art+Feminism, and to assume good faith from now on. BrillLyle is reminded that should they be unable to keep these commitments, I expect that the judgement of ANI will be harsh. That being said, there is nothing further to be achieved in this discussion. Lankiveil (speak to me) 09:14, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
Talk about signing your own death warrant. Hard to see how she escapes a ban now. If I was still allowed to post on Wikipediocracy, I could have advised her to ignore BMK because he's always making threats like that, and it rarely comes to anything. He is a nobody in the power play that is Wikipedia.

The relevant part for her was Bishonen's 'warning'.....
I'm pretty unimpressed by Brill Lyle's conduct in this context. It's not something I'd block for, especially not an experienced editor with a clean block log, but I do think it's is an obvious and egregious importation of external conflicts into Wikipedia and a misuse of RFD. It's unacceptable as such, and I have warned Brill Lyle. No prejudice to any other admin action. Bishonen | talk 19:21, 7 April 2018 (UTC).
Hi. I see you state on ANI that you were "bewildered and shocked" to see the redirect Andy Mabbett, which you "stumbled upon" when you were looking at Andy Mabbett's "very long block log". I believe you about the stumbling, but I'm quite unimpressed by your listing of the redirect at RFD, which does look like retaliation to me. Your dragging AM's block log into the discussion at ANI is unimpressive too. His mention there of your very recent block at Wikidata, by contrast, seems relevant to his complaint, with its suggestion that you listed the redirect in retaliation for the Wikidata block. What does his block log have to do with price of tea in China? Is it relevant to the redirect, or to the article? I can't see it. This is a warning. Don't use Wikipedia's boards, such as RFD, to express grudges, especially not grudges imported from other projects. Also please don't take irrelevant potshots about block logs. Bishonen | talk 19:19, 7 April 2018 (UTC).
In wiki political terms, she has royally screwed up. By not realising who she was dealing with, by not appreciating who holds power and who is just a blowhard, she has converted what was a difficult but not insurmountable blot on her record, one which accurately portrayed this as a two-way dispute, into an accepted charge of harassment of poor little Andy, as if he had done nothing wrong.

And if that wasn't bad enough, all the other conditions which she ridiculously offered up even though they had absolutely no revelevance to Andy's complaint, have tied her hands completely, and will be exploited of course, by Andy not BMK, who will now be watching her like a hawk.

And of course, you don't get globally banned for doing what Bishonen described. You do for earning multiple blocks for harassing Andy on two different wikis. At which point it's worth noting her (three day) block on WikiData wasn't for harassment, but battle grounding and uncollegiality. It seems nobody on English Wikipedia noticed Andy magically turned that into what seemed like a block for "stalking and harassment" in his complaint there.

She's either going to fast-walk into a block now for a direct violation of these terms, or more slowly work her way into a block as she unwisely tries to separate the fact from fiction in the pernicious narrative carefully constructed by Andy. As in most walks of life, knowing how to play the game always pays off.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Did I ever tell you I am the child of a partizan? My mother told me as a child how she was looking for here cousin between the dead body's on the Leidseplein and found him there, and such story's. How on the attic of the chocolate shop of my uncle Bertus my grandmother and others made the false uniforms for the robbery at the civil registry of Amsterdam.
She was a young, blonde and beautiful girl of eighteen in that time, she smoked wapons and letters for the Dutch resistance by hitchhiking on German militair trucks.

That woman has raised me. Formed my thinking, made me who I am. And do you know what was my answer after such a wiki ultimatum?

This:

And here I am. Partizans have no home, they are living where it's the best for them to live at that moment.

"I was cautioned to surrender
This I could not do
I took my gun and vanished
."

(Lenard Cohen, The Partisan)

hyatt
Sucks

Post by hyatt » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I can only imagine the drama that would erupt if a Wikiproject Guns+Dominionism were to hijack someone else's project and delete their comments for complaining about it and then have likeminded admins block them and a supporter for complaining about that. Erika overreacted under stress and caused more problems, but there are bigger things going on here.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:46 pm

My theory is she got aware her protest would end up in a name and shame global ban, what of course can hurt here career. Because it were all the same told Wiki troll tricks I know very, very well.
They did the same with me, first bullying, blaming, a block, a lock and at the end a SanFanBan of fat boy Alexander. But first they doxxed me on WP-NL.

From me they can get a huge middle finger in return, but that is easy for me. Because I am Dutch, I am protected by the Dutch and European legal system, and nobody can hurt my reputation or career because there is simply nothing to hurt or to destroy. But for her it's different as a librarian. Life for a woman in NY is not easy, I understand here situation very well.
And of course this is only a symptom of a very sick and rotten system, you are complete right. It's clear there are bigger things going on here.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:45 pm

As requested, an explicit statement:
"I will stop harassing Andy Mabbett."

Lol, if only more people would harass Mabbett. Wikipedia would improve--because he'd take his fat old hippie ass elsewhere.