The Rambling Man

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

The Rambling Man

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:51 pm

The guy literally has no class. How many times does he have to make an inflammatory edit like this, before he eats a block?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =828463867

It's not like he isn't on notice either, he is currently under an active Arbitration sanction......
The Rambling Man (talk · contribs) is prohibited from posting speculation about the motivations of editors or reflections on their general competence
The above comment certainly seems like it's a violation.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Rambling Man

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:57 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration/Requests/Enforcement&oldid=828500176#Discussion_about_the_request_concerning_The_Rambling_Man

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:GoldenRing&oldid=828552230#Bit_confused_there

Shame on anyone who thinks I was trying to belittle WiR when all I was doing was trying to encourage them and get them to overlook issues previously experienced at DYK. Foul. The Rambling Man (talk) 21:48, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
Shame on anyone who is thinks this wasn't what he was trying to do. This is TRM all over - he does a classless thing, then triumphantly gloats when he gets away with it. He has been doing this for ages - he made exactly these sort of snide comments to all those who didn't want any part of ERRORS, because of his oafish presence there. He absolutely hates the fact anyone could blame him for things being rotten in the state of Denmark, and he carries grudges for a very long time. Amazing that he gets away with it. But Wikipedia wouldn't have the reputation it has, if many of its inhabitants, chiefly of the mall cop variety, didn't routinely manage to find ways to excuse, overlook or just plain ignore the inexcusable behaviour of its resident troglodytes.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

This guy is unbelievable.

On the morning of 7 March he posts the 'health issues' template.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:The_Rambling_Man&diff=next&oldid=829222074

That afternoon, in his very next edits, he continues to try to guilt trip Susan and Rosie about their supposed reluctance to help get women included on DYK for International Women's Day. Which is of course, down to the hostile atmosphere created by him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:SusunW&diff=prev&oldid=829253698

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Rosiestep&diff=prev&oldid=829253428

He also updates his 'list' to include the gloating celebration of having got away with presenting his earlier remarks as sincere and good faith.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:The_Rambling_Man&diff=next&oldid=829224076

He's ill, but not so ill he can't find time to continue with this shit?

He's either not ill and abusing the template to come across as a sympathetic figure, even a victim perhaps, as he pursues his fucked up grudges. Or he is ill, but what he chooses to do with his limited capacity reveals everything you need to know about this egotistical fuck and his supposed dedication to Wikipedia.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 am

Wikipedia, like the Universe, is now accelerating to its heat death. We're getting more and more hawkish monitors at AN and ANI, we're getting fewer and fewer content contributors, and like a snake eating its own tail, the project is doomed to fail because of individuals who do nothing more than police the place. It's like Rise of the Machines. Eventually, though, these Wiki-police will be replaced by AI-bots who will detect the quality of your contribution and summarily block you if you don't meet their threshold. The good news about that is that you know you're dealing with a 'bot, not these other individuals who claim to be human and who claim to be interested in a collaborative project and who claim to be motivated by improving Wikipedia, but manifestly do nothing of the sort other than attempt to govern it and enforce their petty Wiki-lawyering efforts on the few humans who are left to produce content. And, as any of you would know if you know anything about me, it's not even worth starting to discuss the facile and self-important, self-aggrandising, self-perpetuating nonsense known as Arbcom. Toothless, ball-less, hopeless. I think when God created the Norwegian coastline, he had to do something equal and opposite, yin and yang, so he created Arbcom. I know you know all this. My best to you. The Rambling Man (talk) 22:19, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
This from the guy who polices the Main Page like a wiklawyering robot, completely and totally oblivious to the effect his singular obsession with 'quality' has on actual content creators, several of whom have said they will never go near any venue this douchebag inhabits. The saving grace being it was his douchery that ensured he no longer has admin privelages.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... mbling_Man

Apparently a bunch of people on Wikipedia are really disappointed that The Rambling Man isn't calmer, more respectful, doesn't know when to shut up, can't avoid antagonizing people and won't cease his constant empty threats to take people to ArbCom.

I was also going to add what the people who want to see him sanctioned said (but won't prevail), but I think you get the point.

I really do question how these people sleep at night. Stick your disappointment up your anal passages.

Oh and Dweller didn't see anything to be remotely disappointed in. What a shock.

Simplification
Sucks Noob

Post by Simplification » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:53 am

That AE report was handled by heavily biased and involved admins.

It seems The Rambling Man has left Wikipedia now:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =846780916

Maybe he will come back soon.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 am

He always comes back. Like a viral infection. Has the same general effect too.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:29 am

The bloke is a proper mental case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =846608221

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =846615853

It is probably a good thing he blanked his talk page, it was a growing collection of epic whingery, of relevance or even comprehension to an increasingly small amount of people.

He could probably post a picture of his cock and balls, scribbled with crayon messages about Arbcom etc, and these people would still brush it off as "no violation", deciding that it is preferable to still keep expressing mere disappointment that he doesn't dial down the crazy enough.

He isn't crazy of course, he's just acting out. His problem is he is basically a child trapped in a man's body, reacting to attempts to change his behaviour the way any poorly raised child would, especially when the other parent is rewarding them for his tantrums.

He signs off "rip". I guess we're supposed to believe that means he has killed himself because of his terrible treatment at the hands of his oppressors. Much like kids say they'd rather be dead than live in this house. I personally wouldn't give a fuck if he has slit his wrists, the world would be better off for it, but that would involve suspending reality and thinking this isn't just another tantrum. He is probably just copying the actually mentally ill User:Coffee, whose own situation he disgusting exploited for his own ends. Even the sight of him doing that didn't move the Wikipedians to find their consciences and say enough is enough, your behaviour is totally unacceptable in a collaborative environment.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 am

On wow. I just noticed he was previously glorifying in his status as the "The strongest featured list contributor (105) in the history of the project."

What a fucking loser. Does he seriously take pride in the fact he has the time to grind out shit like this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_R ... ip_winners

This is no different to what Iridescent calls quality work. Taking a tiny, micro-niche topic, and grinding at it. But it's a hundred times easier here, because it's just a listicle.

Since the WMF has already said it doesn't want editors like Iridescent calling themselves valued members of the movement, given their obviously selfish reasons for doing what they do, which does nothing to really create an encyclopedia that readers actually want, then they certainly wouldn't see any value in TRM's proclaimed awesomeness here.

He is seen as adding value only by those who are just as selfish, arrogant and deluded as he is. They amusingly call that a community. The thousands of people who have left it, and indeed those people who never even saw the benefit of joining it, clearly disagree.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:51 am

Wikipedia, like the Universe, is now accelerating to its heat death. We're getting more and more hawkish monitors at AN and ANI, we're getting fewer and fewer content contributors, and like a snake eating its own tail, the project is doomed to fail because of individuals who do nothing more than police the place. It's like Rise of the Machines. Eventually, though, these Wiki-police will be replaced by AI-bots who will detect the quality of your contribution and summarily block you if you don't meet their threshold. The good news about that is that you know you're dealing with a 'bot, not these other individuals who claim to be human and who claim to be interested in a collaborative project and who claim to be motivated by improving Wikipedia, but manifestly do nothing of the sort other than attempt to govern it and enforce their petty Wiki-lawyering efforts on the few humans who are left to produce content. And, as any of you would know if you know anything about me, it's not even worth starting to discuss the facile and self-important, self-aggrandising, self-perpetuating nonsense known as Arbcom. Toothless, ball-less, hopeless. I think when God created the Norwegian coastline, he had to do something equal and opposite, yin and yang, so he created Arbcom. I know you know all this. My best to you. The Rambling Man (talk) 22:19, 2 May 2018 (UTC).

I don't know the guy, Crow, but whatever is to say about him, this is a great post. Because it is describing exact what is going on, Wikipedia is accelerating to it's heat dead, It's gaining speed and speed, and nobody is able to stop this proces anymore. The content writers are repressed, and only the wiki-police is left. Because that's the group what has the power and the money in there hands, and there only interest is to keep it that way. And as long that system doesn't change, they are going high speed in the direction of the wiki hell to burn there forever.......