Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Larkin
Sucks

Re: Drmies

Post by Larkin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:One thing is for sure, my English is not at a native level ;).
If you look here someone who speaks English on a native level assured me Natuur12 was here writing English on a high level, and almost for sure wrote second posting of Ymnes 16:21, 9 May 2016 (UTC) too. Because, even I can see the English (and his Dutch also) of Ymnes is extreem poor, it is impossible he has written this himself. And Ymnes is in not way able to write that whole story what looks solide but is one big lie. Even arbcom admitted Natuur12 was totally wrong, and after this he was chosen as a Arb.

But I think you are right, it is not the same person. Anyway, Drmies is in a way connected to WM-NL, and to that Ymnes. Look for instance here and to the rest of that user page. Ymnes, Ad Huikeshoven, Wikiklaas, always the same familiar names.

Your English is extremely good, as good as Drmies! It's a fact that your average educated Dutch has better English than many of us native Brits where the study of basic grammar long ago flew out the classroom window. I don't actually completely regret that, but it is so.

You'll forgive me if I don't pursue the case further. It's very likely he has connections on the Dutch Wikipedia. When he's abroad he seems to spend his time chasing up mates on Wikipedia. It must be very tedious for his wife, an immensely pleasant and well liked individual from what I can gather of her on social media.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:22 am

So do I, because I don't consider Wikipedia as very interesting anymore. I had many, many questions. Why are these people so rude to me, why are they insulting me constantly, what is that office ban, and why did I get it because it is so rare. And I think I have all these answers now.
And it is only matter of time before the complete house of cards collaps. Because it will collapse, that is for sure, it is only hard to say when. It can be tomorrow, next year, in five years, but after what I have found in my the search for answers it is crystal clear to me there is not even a single change wikipedia will survive. There is is simple no way to save it.
It's legal chaos, it's inside complete rotten, it's corrupt, and the wiki crowd raising system doesn't work. Wikipedia is far beyond repair. So, why should I worry about a broke system? And about a person like Drmies or Natuur12?

And to be honest, if I look to the picture of our professor Drmies he looks to me a nice guy. And I don't know if you have read this discussion on Aggie's bord, but that GorillaWarfare looks to me also a very nice young woman.
My mindset is changing. It's all because of the rotten wikipedia system, maybe it is very wrong to blame only the individuals. The system causes the chaos, not the people. So the sooner this house of cards collaps the better.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 am

Graaf Statler wrote:So do I, because I don't consider Wikipedia as very interesting anymore. I had many, many questions. Why are these people so rude to me, why are they insulting me constantly, what is that office ban, and why did I get it because it is so rare. And I think I have all these answers now.
And it is only matter of time before the complete house of cards collaps. Because it will collapse, that is for sure, it is only hard to say when. It can be tomorrow, next year, in five years, but after what I have found in my the search for answers it is crystal clear to me there is not even a single change wikipedia will survive. There is is simple no way to save it.
It's legal chaos, it's inside complete rotten, it's corrupt, and the wiki crowd raising system doesn't work. Wikipedia is far beyond repair. So, why should I worry about a broke system? And about a person like Drmies or Natuur12?

And to be honest, if I look to the picture of our professor Drmies he looks to me a nice guy. And I don't know if you have read this discussion on Aggie's bord, but that GorillaWarfare looks to me also a very nice young woman.
My mindset is changing. It's all because of the rotten wikipedia system, maybe it is very wrong to blame only the individuals. The system causes the chaos, not the people. So the sooner this house of cards collaps the better.

What Wikipedia needs above all in my view is transparency. As for GorillaWarfare, indeed she's splendid. But there are issues!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 am

True. If they want to survive they have to open there eyes and have to listen to there critics. They have to understand the arbcom system doesn't work, the chapter system doesn't work, and giving the power in the hands of the wrong group doesn't work. It's what Renée made very clear in the past, the power and the money is in the hands of the wrong group of users now. And they have to stop with promoting all kinds of activism, like that extreem gender activism and there often extreem leftish bias. Because that is not neutral, that is the opinion of a small group who was so lucky to get the power in their hands.

Because if they go on this way they are the Titanic one there way to not one iceberg, but to a fleet of icebergs. They risk a extreem negative press, law cases, problems with governments or problems with complete powerful continents like Europe, and even criminal charges. Because, you can't go on by saying we are a charity organisation and we work with volunteers, so rules and regulations doesn't fit us when you have a turn over of more than 100 million dollar a year, spent 1 million dollar a year to lawyers, and have a heavy overpaid staf.
Because in that case you are not the local chapter of the boy scouts anymore, you are a professional organisation.

So, it's up to them. Are they changing their course, or do they continue there journey to the hell? I am curious. Because only if they change there course radical now, they have a small change to survive, and otherwise not. Simply not. Because in that case they will be smashed on the rocks, the fleet of icebergs what is waiting for them.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:24 am

Graaf Statler wrote:True.

<snip>

So, it's up to them. Are they changing their course, or do they continue there journey to the hell? I am curious. Because only if they change there course radical now, they have a small change to survive, and otherwise not. Simply not. Because in that case they will be smashed on the rocks, the fleet of icebergs what is waiting for them.

Ultimately it's just a social media site, vulnerable to all the abuses and excesses of such sites and especially bullying. But they take upon themselves no less the guardianship of truth and knowledge on the internet. That's a weighty responsible few administrators and trustees in fact disinterestedly discharge, and certainly not Drmies for all his protests. He's in it for the money and prestige.

He's a curious fish, Mies. I imagine a young man jilted in love, who abandons his country and in fact abandons his sexuality. Something in fact rather like Wagner's character Alberich. There is indeed a strong misogynist streak in the man. He's rude to his pretty girl students and likes to make them feel uncomfortable. However he's a loving husband and dad, but then so was Julius Streicher by all accounts.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 am

You are complete right. It's the best to compare the situation with Startpagina.nl (dochterpagina's) what was a social media too, where people found out it was possible to get a few benefits and free lunches. At the end those "Dochterpagina's" were complete firms, and were complete corrupt. So, the fenomeen is not new.
And at that end it was the same story, a huge gender problem, corruption, money and prestige. And a lot of immense trolling. Because this kind of self regulated systems on the internet always end up the same, they simple doesn't work and will never work.

And, being a emigrant is far from easy I know from my one experience. You don't belong anywhere at the end and I think that is one of the things our Drmeis has formed. Or better, has misinformed. So I think your observation is correct. Because this is one of the main reasons I didn't want to emigrate for ever to Greece. Xenos, gia panda xenon, it's a Greek song. For ever a stranger.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am

If Drmies could wield the sort of power he does on en.wiki on ne.wiki, the for shure he'd be there doing his stuff. While he has undoubtedly personally benefited, I think his involved with and addiction to Wikipedia goes way beyond that now. I think he just gets off on the fact that on Wikipedia he has the power and influence that he has failed to accrue in real life.

There would not be much advantage to him doing his stuff on ne.wiki as Drmies, since nobody at ne.wiki is obliged to bow to him just because is Drmies of en.wiki, and indeed that approach might inhibit his power. And while he spends a lot of time on en.wiki, you can see how, with the existing lax oversight of his employer, he easily has enough spare time to devote equivalent time on ne.wiki. As a smaller wiki, I imagine it actually takes less time to become a power user there, and sustain your power, than it does on en.wiki.

There are advantages to having a unified preference across two Wikis, but they are largely in the realm of fighting cross wiki content battles. That isn't really Drmies' style, for him winning the content battle isn't the aim, just the happy after-effect. If there was someone active on both wikis that he wanted eliminating, he's can easily go after them on en.wiki, after which has the necessary pull with people like Bbb23 to then organise their elimination from ne.wiki and finally a Global ban. If they were only active on ne.wiki, then he could eliminate them using his Dutch alter ego quite easily.

One last point of significance - if Drmies really is operating an account on ne.wiki that isn't widely known to be his, then it isn't really in doubt that he has become powerful enough to be able to persuade the small group of people who would have the technical means to learn of the connection, that it isn't something they need to let the wider world know about.

This is the downside of being so corrupt. We have seen Drmies in the past get away with fragrant abuses of policy, and being able to justify it because he is the mighty Drmies, is a big part of that. Being helped by others of equal power who see nothing wrong with it, is also a big part of it. So you as the corrupt one, really don't have any credibility if you later claim you couldn't possibly get away with something worse, let alone that you are too honest and ethical to even attempt it. If Drmies has a reason to be operating a clandestine ne.wiki account, he will be doing so.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 pm

What is absolute worth is to mention, on WP-Nl all of a sudden appeared all kinds of "number users" a few years ago. I mean, users with typical codesnames like Bbb23 has. A combination of a few letters and numbers. In no time they all where very active sysops, and they all were interesting only in checking anonymous edits and blocking users they didn't like. (Reason: Always verstoring van de werksfeer, disturbing of a good working climate.)
I don't no what the connection is, but I think it's wort to mention. And yes, whit a rather small group with a few socks it is extreem easy to have the power over a Wiki like the Dutch. Who has arbcom in his hands, has the power and the rest is a matter of socks. And seen the level of English it's not unlikely Drmies was just using the Ymnes and Natuur12 socks to get what he wanted. Because it is impossible Ymnes wrote that request on Meta, and I think after I had a look at Natuur12 his English user page it is very unlikely he wrote that request too.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:44 am

Fuck you, "professor" Michel, fuck yourself!. Why otherwise should you post on the complete abandon project Wikiquote-NL if you were not involved in the Ymnes drama, just after Natuur12 about something shitty. (Whaledad had by accident blocked TonyBallioni, a English mod with a renamed username because he thought it was a spambot, and had corrected his mistake already.)

Why should you, a user of WP-EN, follow otherwise a complete abandoned project, and react in such a irritated way on a project you never have posted on before? Fuck you, dirty troll what you are!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:35 pm

:lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =847683592

Now, Bish, do you mean his username, or his real name?