The European Parliament, Article 13

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

The European Parliament, Article 13

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 am

Time is running out to defend user rights online.

A, fuck yourself with your time is running out and your not existing user rights. In 2012 I warned, let's follow the European copyright laws, because Wikipedia and Wikiquote are under the European regulation and the Dutch copyright law. And then your "Brussels partners" start to troll themself in to heaven against me, with as final result a SanFanBan. I should be a psycho, a mad man, a troll.

Romaine +friends should change the complete European copyright regulation in to the regulationation of the state California with his Brussels chapter. HA! The fool, the joker, and the troll. A free internet in Europe, what a joke. Nothing, really nothing is free in Europe, and who is thinking of a free Europe doesn't know Europe. The democracy in Europe is a pyramid, down in your one surrounding is a lot of democratie, and the higher you come in that pyramide the less democracy there is left, and on the top in Brussel is there is non. There is and there was nothing to change in Brussels, it's a wast of time and money, I have said that many times before. The Brussels chapter was insane, and when I said that Romaine blocked me both on WMNL and WMBE.

And you are a bunch of jokers too, because like I said there is nothing to change, and there was never anything to change and now it's to late.
If you had spent your money in developing copyright filters and had invest time in content writers when I warned, everything was now OK.
But you preferred to fool the world and to troll me out. Fine, see the result. Wie zijn kont brandt moet op de blaren zitten en wie het laatst lacht, lacht het best, we say in Holland.
Find yourself out what that means.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: The European Parliament, Article 11

Post by sashi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't forget about #11, too. :)

WMF Policy wrote:Many have opposed Article 11 as well, which creates a tax for news aggregators using snippets of stories from news publications.

€€€

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: The European Parliament, Article 13

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Yep, but I simple don't buy this crap from Jan Gerlach. He is a lawyer from Switzerland. The country where it is forbidden to take a shower ar to floss the toilet in a apartment after 22.00 hours by law, , where in many parking garages it forbidden to park your ca backward, bacause otherwise the wall get dirty, on every meter and behind every traffic light a camera is, and where the fines are double tfrom the rest of Europe, and this Jan Gerlach should believe the crap he is writing himself? Give me a break! Of course he knows it's crap, this is European regulation and if there is a country where they are paranoia about the internet it is Switzerland! In a hotel you get a code, what works till you check out and not a minute longer!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm

The WMF certainly seem rattled by all this. Jimmy is calling it an emergency. Despite having had numerous debates, the English Wikipedia community still refuses to have a banner, not even a neutral one informing readers of the issue. Jimmy wants a bright red flashing banner telling people the is nigh, get your guns and storm the Bastille. He's still figuring out how all this EU law making stuff works. But he is sure it is a classic example of how money can squash the little guys.

The WMF clearly wants the community to keep having votes until they realise it is an emergency and have a banner. Just like the EU and referendums, ironically. Then Jimmy's plan to mobilise the peoples of the EU against their elected representatives for the benefit of an American corporation that says fuck you and your laws at least once a week, can happen, through the assistance of the traditional European media, the very thing Jimmy is trying to destroy and replace with his Wikinews for profit venture.

Jimmy's stepped down from his mobile phone operation, because apparently manipulation of the democratic institutions and established media of Europe to stick it to copyright holders, from his base in a European country that has soundly rejected the EU while keeping all of its current and future laws for the foreseeable future, is more important than raising money for good causes.

The WMF claim Wikipedia's community model ensures more scrutiny on and transparency around copyright issues. The WMF doesn't know what it is talking about. User:Fastily makes thousands of copyright decisions on Wikipedia, most never even being checked by another person at all, despite him having been censured before for making errors due to his work rate and general incompetence.

Like many of Wikipedia's slapdash volunteers, he uses the backstop mechanism of the ability to formally request restoration of your wrongly deleted content, or a formal review of an erroneous decision to keep it, as the mechanism of first resort. He is able to do that, and much more besides, because famous American lawyer and totally unaccountable Wikipedian NewYorkBrad just gave him his tools back one day, no questions asked.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Jimmy's stepped down from his mobile phone operation, because apparently manipulation of the democratic institutions and established media of Europe to stick it to copyright holders, from his base in a European country that has soundly rejected the EU while keeping all of its current and future laws for the foreseeable future, is more important than raising money for good causes.

To be fair, I think he left that venture because it was a catastrophic failure.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:38 pm

CrowsNest wrote:The WMF certainly seem rattled by all this. Jimmy is calling it an emergency. Despite having had numerous debates, the English Wikipedia community still refuses to have a banner, not even a neutral one informing readers of the issue. Jimmy wants a bright red flashing banner telling people the is nigh, get your guns and storm the Bastille. He's still figuring out how all this EU law making stuff works. But he is sure it is a classic example of how money can squash the little guys.

The WMF clearly wants the community to keep having votes until they realise it is an emergency and have a banner. Just like the EU and referendums, ironically. Then Jimmy's plan to mobilise the peoples of the EU against their elected representatives for the benefit of an American corporation that says fuck you and your laws at least once a week, can happen, through the assistance of the traditional European media, the very thing Jimmy is trying to destroy and replace with his Wikinews for profit venture.

It is such a wasting of time, because all continental Europeans understand we are living in the eurokich Sotsialistitsjeskich Respoeblik, and nobody will ask our opinion or listen to us. EU law making isn't a democratic process, we have no representatives in Brussel, we don't have "our" MEP.
Brussels regulation is created in backrooms by technocrats, and is a matter of exchanging between the country's. If you give me this, I will give you that. And the country's are not equal, French and Germany and it's satellites are the pipers and make the tune.
The Legal Commission has taken this decision, not the European parlement and nothing can change this decision anymore. They are supposed to be the experts and it's clear what direction they want. The MEP's are only what we call stemvee, voting cattle, most times politica's at there end of there national career.

Most of this new European regulation is already existing in national regulation, the only differents is they want to put the responsibility on the shoulders of the platforms, without any court decission. The platforms have to filter there content, and can get a huge fine (2-4% of there yearly turn over) without any warning if they don't do that in a proper way. Direct from the EU.

That is new in this regulation. So, for instance WPNL has to be filtered according the Dutch copyright regulation, and if WMF doesn't do that in a proper way they can get a fine out of the blue. And we all understand that is a catastrofe for the free source mouvement, because not only wikipedia has to be checked and filtered in this way, but every in Europe operating platform. And that is the panic. Because also reused content has to be filtered, so nobody can reuse wikipedia content anymore. That is to dangerous. And because of this there CC license is in fact worthless.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:34 pm

AndrewForson wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Jimmy's stepped down from his mobile phone operation, because apparently manipulation of the democratic institutions and established media of Europe to stick it to copyright holders, from his base in a European country that has soundly rejected the EU while keeping all of its current and future laws for the foreseeable future, is more important than raising money for good causes.

To be fair, I think he left that venture because it was a catastrophic failure.
He stayed long before that point had been reached. He's bailing now because he wants to concentrate on fighting this war and revamping WikiTribune, and most likely doesn't think his next cheque or stock option from TPO is going to clear anyway.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:52 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
AndrewForson wrote:To be fair, I think he left that venture because it was a catastrophic failure.
He stayed long before that point had been reached. He's bailing now because he wants to concentrate on fighting this war and revamping WikiTribune, and most likely doesn't think his next cheque or stock option from TPO is going to clear anyway.

Perhaps you meant "after"?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Wikimedia communities around the world have been actively opposing the EU copyright package. In May, German and Bulgarian Wikipedia communities ran banners opposing Article 13 of the copyright proposal. Several European Wikimedia user organizations, including Wikimedia chapters in France, Estonia, Germany, Denmark, and Spain, took part in a Day of Action against the the copyright package on June 12, writing blog posts and tweeting under the hashtag #SaveYourInternet. The German chapter has even organized an event in the streets of Berlin and more language communities are currently debating how to engage.
The WMF are blogging this, at the same time Jimmy is having a cow because he thinks nobody "in the community" is aware of this threat, least of all taking direct action.

Jimmy seems to be more than a little out of touch. Maybe if he had stuck around the actual project he founded and prevented the rise to power of those users who are essentially English Wikipedia Populists, he might not get himself into these difficulties. Notable absentees from the users also having a fit about this law, are the likes of Giano and Bishonen, two European based editors who led the charge to establish frosty relations between English Wikipedia and Commons, stemming largely from disputes arising from their own ignorant understanding of copyright, or their belief it simply didn't matter because Wikipedia IZ Magik.

Not only does Commons have millions of suspect images in its databanks, the task of cleaning it up is made harder because there are countless duplicates tagged with {Keep Local} for reasons that have not one thing to do with copyright laws. That's what the likes of Bishonen at al have done for Wikipedia.

Black Kite too. Lying openly to the community, flaunting the fact he assisted BetaCommand to sock around a ban just so he could continue to fight a local war over the precise level of acceptance of Non-Free media (all of which was entirely Fair Use), which of course now looks like quite the pointless distraction, something that undoubtedly lost Wikipedia a bunch of good faith editors with real legal experience that could assist them in this fight now.

Prioritising corruption and pettiness over the common good. That's what these sorts of users are all about. They are now endemic in the higher echelons of English Wikipedia, because the tactics of Populism were working to assist such people in the so called Wikipedia community long before it reaped rewards for the same sort of people out here in the real world.

You should have put your foot down Jimbo. It isn't an accident that these people are known to be highly incompatible with Wikipedia on temperament/respect grounds too. No chance of removing them now. Gotta blow it all up, perhaps by citing this existential threat as your reason to use your last, final, Reserved Power - System Reset. Then maybe it won't be a surprise to learn English Wikipedia seems to have very different priorities and sense of movement, than all those other relatively large projects.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:01 pm

But it's all so fucking stupide. A strict copyright law without a warning system and without Fair use, and high fines? Our copyright law is from 1912, nothing new, and it is not replaced by a European copyright. A very strict privacy law? De Nederlandse Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens is from 2001 and is about the same as the new European GDPR. Only a very little has changed, I think 80% till 90% will remain the same. The only thing what has changed is it is now getting European law and regulation, and the EU can summon a platform, without any warning and without a court. That is what new is, the rest mainly stays the same.

What they want is no control. Because I am sure they understand very well it is impossible to change the complete European system.
But, who in Europe will say: That is fine, you guys want to break the law, I support you? There is no protest here, that is lie, nobody is against that new European regulation. Only they are and a few other people!
The European population has other things to worry about, is focused on the political problems around Italy, the refugee crisis, but not on a few Wikipedians.
We are so used to this copyright rules and privacy laws, nobody is willing to change anything.

I gave the example before, what they want is as mad as organising a protest against camera's behind red traffic lights in Holland and the against the trajectory control on the A2 between Amsterdam en Utrecht. If you are speeding, doesn't matter where you have a fine. 100% for sure.
Yes, but I am from America, and I want to drive as fast as I can to Amsterdam! I Protest! I want a free road! All Dutch must go on the street to protest too!
Is insane isn't it? But it is the same!

(By the way, this system is a great way to collect money for the Dutch state from German tourists who are visting Amsterdam!)