The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Moar r/the_donald hijinks, this post from r/facepalm ended up on the front page today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/comme ... he_donald/

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:So far nobody has tried to re-add "counter-terrorism" to Gorka's Wikipedia CV. :) I appreciate your friend making that edit in the service of public understanding. Happily, Gorka's gun charge at the airport has now been added to Wikipedia. :P

When I decided to filter out Resist Twitter I did so because I needed to focus on higher information sources. Things are moving so quickly that I want to see news developments. I intended to check out Resist Twitter regularly, but that hasn't occurred. I do work to listen to a range of voices on Twitter. I picked Tom Rogan (@TomRtweets) as the closest thing to Trump supporter that I can stand; I wouldn't call him an actual Trump supporter because of the schadenfreude he takes in watching Trump's pratfalls.

Schindler caused a bit of a stir when he wrote on Twitter that an IC friend of his told him, "He will die in jail," in reference to Trump. His worst "scandal" appears to be his past online "affair" which involved a penis pic between consenting adults. He knows what he's talking about and I appreciate his Twitter feed and articles.

Hennessey is writes like the NSA attorney that I think she is.

I fear the gun charge didn't survive long.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't think Seb has edited at his BLP. On a closer examination, I've changed my opinion. It's clear that he (or his wife) has edited extensively at the article, including on the gun charge, and may well have contributed the article start.

We can look first at the article start provided 2011 by an editor "Malakbel". This editor has made relatively few Wikipedia contributions, never taking the trouble to create either a User or Talk page. Malakbel's first edits were to make the Gorka start. They also edited at David Kilcullen's article (Kilcullen co-authored a study of al-Qaeda with Gorka). That Malakbel might well be Gorka himself (or someone closely associated with him such as his wife) is rather strongly suggested by the inclusion of "v" (the honorable Vitezi "von" that Gorka maintains) in the lead definition: "Sebastian L.v. Gorka". Stronger evidence yet is the addition of a flattering lead image. Examining the image in Commons reveals that it was provided by Seb himself ("there's always something" ;) ). One can note in passing that "Malakbel" was the sun deity of Palmyra, Syria. A shiny dollar it's also a CIA codename for some ISIS personage or other. Seb would get up a glitter on that. Our tash in Moscow is making enquiries.

Such I already knew (and hinted in an earlier post). But what I had entirely missed until yesterday were the substantial contributions by the editor Sk-gorka (that would be more like a FSB codename). This editor edits exclusively on the Sebastian Gorka and Katharine Gorka BLPs. The moniker is plainly a play on S(ebastian)k(atharine)-gorka. I don't think there can be any question but that it's either Seb or Katie. Both Sk-gorka's Talk page and the Katharine Gorka BLP (and its Talk page) carry conflict of interest advice or notices.

I haven't looked in detail at Sk-gorka's contributions yet, but they are substantial. For the most part they were made at the beginning of June 2016. This is the most substantial, a 15,000 character edit. In all Sk-gorka made edits totalling roughly 22,000 characters (about 4,000 words) over the period 2-4 June 2016. They cover his career and policy positions. They repeat as matter of fact the questionable Kim Philby story I post about above and a later edit expands on the gun story, providing an excuse as well as statistics of the numbers of passengers discovered accidentally carrying a gun in their hand luggage.

To be clear, I should add that the student "counter-terrorism" fiction I post about above, did not come from Sk-gorka. I shall post about that at a later date after the FOI request I mention above that an individual not connected with us has filed has been fulfilled.
Last edited by Larkin on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 am

Larkin wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:So far nobody has tried to re-add "counter-terrorism" to Gorka's Wikipedia CV. :) I appreciate your friend making that edit in the service of public understanding. Happily, Gorka's gun charge at the airport has now been added to Wikipedia. :P

When I decided to filter out Resist Twitter I did so because I needed to focus on higher information sources. Things are moving so quickly that I want to see news developments. I intended to check out Resist Twitter regularly, but that hasn't occurred. I do work to listen to a range of voices on Twitter. I picked Tom Rogan (@TomRtweets) as the closest thing to Trump supporter that I can stand; I wouldn't call him an actual Trump supporter because of the schadenfreude he takes in watching Trump's pratfalls.

Schindler caused a bit of a stir when he wrote on Twitter that an IC friend of his told him, "He will die in jail," in reference to Trump. His worst "scandal" appears to be his past online "affair" which involved a penis pic between consenting adults. He knows what he's talking about and I appreciate his Twitter feed and articles.

Hennessey is writes like the NSA attorney that I think she is.

I fear the gun charge didn't survive long.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't think Seb has edited at his BLP. On a closer examination, I've changed my opinion. It's clear that he (or his wife) has edited extensively at the article, including on the gun charge, and may well have contributed the article start.

We can look first at the article start provided 2011 by an editor "Malakbel". This editor has made relatively few Wikipedia contributions, never taking the trouble to create either a User or Talk page. Malakbel's first edits were to make the Gorka start. They also edited at David Kilcullen's article (Kilcullen co-authored a study of al-Qaeda with Gorka). That Malakbel might well be Gorka himself (or someone closely associated with him such as his wife) is rather strongly suggested by the inclusion of "v" (the honorable Vitezi "von" that Gorka maintains) in the lead definition: "Sebastian L.v. Gorka". Stronger evidence yet is the addition of a flattering lead image. Examining the image in Commons reveals that it was provided by Seb himself ("there's always something" ;) ). One can note in passing that "Malakbel" was the sun deity of Palmyra, Syria. A shiny dollar it's also a CIA codename for some ISIS personage or other. Seb would get up a glitter on that. Our tash in Moscow is making enquiries.

Such I already knew (and hinted in an earlier post). But what I had entirely missed until yesterday were the substantial contributions by the editor Sk-gorka (that would be more like a FSB codename). This editor edits exclusively on the Sebastian Gorka and Katharine Gorka BLPs. The moniker is plainly a play on S(ebastian)k(atharine)-Gorka. I don't think there can be any question but that it's either Seb or Katie. Both Sk-gorka's Talk page and the Katharine Gorka BLP (and it's Talk page) carry conflict of interest advice or notices.

I haven't looked in detail at Sk-gorka's contributions yet, but they are substantial. For the most part they were made at the beginning of June 2016. This is the most substantial, a 15,000 character edit. In all Sk-gorka made edits totalling roughly 22,000 characters (about 4,000 words) over the period 2-4 June 2016. They cover his career and policy positions. They repeat as matter of fact the questionable Kim Philby story I post about above and a later edit expands on the gun story, providing an excuse as well as statistics of the numbers of passengers discovered accidentally carrying a gun in their hand luggage.

To be clear, I should add that the student "counter-terrorism" fiction I post about above, did not come from Sk-gorka. I shall post about that at a later date after the FOI request I mention above that an individual not connected with us has filed has been fulfilled.
You found the smoking gun, so to speak. :)

You probably also saw this likely COI edit:
(cur | prev) 15:54, 3 September 2014‎ IWPComm (talk | contribs)‎ . . (4,345 bytes) (-1)‎ . . (Added The Institute of World Politics as an institution Dr. Gorka currently teaches at) (undo) (Tag: gettingstarted edit)

I would have thought the SK account started out being used by Katherine based on the account's first edit except that the talk page for Katherine's WP article indicates is was S. Gorka who originally wrote the BLP.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 am

I've now removed the "v" (the Vitezi honorific title) from the lead definition at Gorka's BLP (archive), giving my reasons in a post on the Talk page (archive).

Added: reverted by a new single purpose account. I'll let Wikipedia deal with this. Or not as the case might be. I'm not optimistic and I warn them that their reputation is on the line.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am

Larkin wrote:I've now removed the "v" (the Vitezi honorific title) from the lead definition at Gorka's BLP (archive), giving my reasons in a post on the Talk page (archive).

Added: reverted by a new single purpose account. I'll let Wikipedia deal with this. Or not as the case might be. I'm not optimistic and I warn them that their reputation is on the line.
This is an odd talk page edit by that SPA because it changes someone else's comment, right? (link, archive)

The blog post "Gorka Hedges, Evades on Vitezi Rend Tie," by Eli Clifton and Jim Lobe on the blog LobeLog: Foreign Policy shows Gorka gave conflicting statements on whether he's been a member of Vitezi Rend.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
Larkin wrote:I've now removed the "v" (the Vitezi honorific title) from the lead definition at Gorka's BLP (archive), giving my reasons in a post on the Talk page (archive).

This is an odd talk page edit by that SPA because it changes someone else's comment, right? (link, archive)

The blog post "Gorka Hedges, Evades on Vitezi Rend Tie," by Eli Clifton and Jim Lobe on the blog LobeLog: Foreign Policy shows Gorka gave conflicting statements on whether he's been a member of Vitezi Rend.

That's called "factoring" isn't it, and discouraged? He strikes me as an idiot and not worth clashing with. Plainly rather expert on how Gorka styles himself... fancy.

Gorka calling himself "von" strikes me as a conceit. In fact the "v" stands for vitéz I now gather. What this mostly tells me is that Gorka himself doesn't know what it means. I do wonder if he's all there in the top storey lift stop category.

We have just had our Twitter account limited to our followers (mostly hooker spam, but one does seek to make an impression and note carefully Donald some of these may be operating out of Moscow, or even St. Petersburg for that matter whose Grand Hotel Europe one has certainly never visited ;) ) ...

This came about because ABC News tweeted Donnie's response to today's dreadful Westminster attack in which he ventured to remark that our Theresa is strong and doing well. This prompted us quick as a flash to respond to ABC that on the contrary Donnie is weak and doing very badly. Further we ventured to suggest he could stick it up his arse and go hold hands with Pooty instead and leave us the fuck alone. SO WITTY!

But it brought us a computer generated suspension. I was quite impressed. One has to admit one has been rather foul mouthed today.

I'm listening to some hilariously bad-tempered debate on CNN just now.

One is growing more and more fond of Louise.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 am

Larkin wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:

That's called "factoring" isn't it, and discouraged? He strikes me as an idiot and not worth clashing with. Plainly rather expert on how Gorka styles himself... fancy.

Gorka calling himself "von" strikes me as a conceit. In fact the "v" stands for vitéz I now gather. What this mostly tells me is that Gorka himself doesn't know what it means. I do wonder if he's all there in the top storey lift stop category.

We have just had our Twitter account limited to our followers (mostly hooker spam, but one does seek to make an impression and note carefully Donald some of these may be operating out of Moscow, or even St. Petersburg for that matter whose Grand Hotel Europe one has certainly never visited ;) ) ...

This came about because ABC News tweeted Donnie's response to today's dreadful Westminster attack in which he ventured to remark that our Theresa is strong and doing well. This prompted us quick as a flash to respond to ABC that on the contrary Donnie is weak and doing very badly. Further we ventured to suggest he could stick it up his arse and go hold hands with Pooty instead and leave us the fuck alone. SO WITTY!

But it brought us a computer generated suspension. I was quite impressed. One has to admit one has been rather foul mouthed today.

I'm listening to some hilariously bad-tempered debate on CNN just now.

One is growing more and more fond of Louise.
Indeed, Louise has the right spirit for these times.

I imagine one does become testy on Twitter when Donnie and Donnie Junior decide to stick their snouts in the wake of a terror attack.

It does seem quite odd that Gorka doesn't know if he's a "von Gorka" or a "vitéz Gorka" in honor of his father. Most people remember their father's name, but maybe there is more to his patrimony than one would assume.

Larkin
Sucks

Post by Larkin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:04 am

Flip Flopped wrote:Indeed, Louise has the right spirit for these times.

I imagine one does become testy on Twitter when Donnie and Donnie Junior decide to stick their snouts in the wake of a terror attack.

It does seem quite odd that Gorka doesn't know if he's a "von Gorka" or a "vitéz Gorka" in honor of his father. Most people remember their father's name, but maybe there is more to his patrimony than one would assume.

Very pleased to see that editor with impeccable standing has restored my edit.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:12 am

The Failure of "Trumpcare" aka the American Health Care Act

This is a real crippler for Trump, having to pull the bill out of the pile to sit on it indefinitely; allegedly he will move on to more Right-wing "tax reform" which means rigging the system so that corporations and rich people pay even less in taxes, somehow. He's blaming the nearly-powerless Democrats, of course, but he should be blaming the American people at the townhall meetings for telling their Republican representatives off badly.

How disastrous for Trump is healthcare collapse?, Anthony Zurcher, BBC News

Quotes:

How bad was Friday's defeat of the American Health Care Act in the House of Representatives? Bad. Very bad.

After a tumultuous week, it's worth stepping back for a bit of perspective.

For the first time in 11 years, Republicans control the presidency and both chambers of the Congress.

There are 44 more Republicans than Democrats in the House of Representatives.

Republicans have been vociferously calling for repeal of President Barack Obama's healthcare reforms for seven years.

The American Health Care Act was the first major piece of legislation pushed by the White House and the Republican-controlled Congress, a key political test early in the president's term, when he should be at the height of his power and party cohesion at its strongest.

In spite of all of this, Mr Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan and the Republicans running Washington could not get the job done. The president tried to lay the blame at the feet at the Democratic House minority. Nobody will buy that.

For Republicans Friday wasn't just bad. It was a disaster. Here are three reasons why.

A busted dealmaker

Donald Trump staked his reputation as a dealmaker - as a "closer" in the words of press secretary Sean Spicer - on getting the healthcare bill through the House of Representatives.

The president sang the bill's praises on Twitter, in press events and at campaign-style rallies.

On Friday Spicer told reporters the president had gone through "extraordinary feats" to try to get the bill approved.

"Has he pulled out every stop, has he called every member, has he tweaked every tweak, has he done every single thing he can possibly and used every minute of every day that's possible to get this thing through, then the answer is yes," Spicer said.

The reality, whether or not the president tried his absolute best-est, is that the bill went down in flames. Not only that, but all the threats and promises he made in the process were proven to be hollow.

He guaranteed a vote on Thursday that didn't happen. Then guaranteed a vote on Friday, and that didn't happen either. He warned his party of the dire consequences of a failure to act, and they ignored him.

Just over two months into his presidency, and Mr Trump's poll numbers are sagging, his agenda is on the ropes and his power is greatly diminished....

Pretty much the Zurcher view is that Trump stupidly lashed himself to getting items done in a way he did not want to do, and now the failure of the AHCA screws up any "tax reform" and also makes the idiotic border wall an impossibility. Also, Paul Ryan is done as Speaker; he cannot control the House GOP factions. My view is that the stumblebum quality of the Trumpcare rollout reflects the inner turmoil of Trump's White House, where everyone is paranoid, no notes can be taken at meetings because they trust no-one to leak things, and near-retirement civil servants are getting ready to quit anyway to dodge the stress.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:50 am

Strelnikov wrote:Pretty much the Zurcher view is that Trump stupidly lashed himself to getting items done in a way he did not want to do, and now the failure of the AHCA screws up any "tax reform" and also makes the idiotic border wall an impossibility. Also, Paul Ryan is done as Speaker; he cannot control the House GOP factions. My view is that the stumblebum quality of the Trumpcare rollout reflects the inner turmoil of Trump's White House, where everyone is paranoid, no notes can be taken at meetings because they trust no-one to leak things, and near-retirement civil servants are getting ready to quit anyway to dodge the stress.

In other words, he's running America using the same "management methods" previously seen on his idiotic reality show The Apprentice.
http://fortune.com/2016/09/08/donald-tr ... e-burnett/

Reality television has finally merged with life--there is no difference. And we can blame Mark Burnett for making Da Donald so popular that he ended up in the White House......behind every "successful man" hides a Ras-Putin. (Joke intended)