Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Drmies

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Still said. He and the others are still young people, they have family's and it is of course a matter of time till they (how ever "they" might be) found out what a corrupt fuck he and his Dutch wiki mates are. They are all complete doxxed (not by me!) and nothing ever disappears from the internet and there are, have i understand, plenty of back ups of Wikipedia, so they are for ever dammed.

And that makes me sad, because I blame the most the crazy wiki system. With it's temptations, it's traps, the hotel California effect, the misinformation because of WMF legal with it's Gerlach's and Dimi's as there ambassadors. It is one big joke.
WMF legal is just a umbrella if the sun shines, but it is melting in the rain. And than you are on your one with your briljand wiki career in your digital CV.
It is all so fucking depressing.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Just another day.....
Let the record reflect that Cdfi lives in the upside-down, accusing two editors of the edit war they themselves are waging unilaterally. In other words, they are guilty of clearly editing against consensus which, unlike BRD (a guideline), is a fundamental part of collaborative editing. Note also their false accusation of tandem editing, a violation of AGF (also fundamental). Also, the enormous amount of blah blah blah blah blah--what a jerk. Drmies (talk) 15:13, 29 July 2018 (UTC)

Drmies Why are you calling me a jerk? You are name-calling. Why are you so hostile? If you are calling everything I wrote "blah blah" it's pretty clear you didn't read it / understand it. Also your narrative about me accusing you of what I am allegedly doing is false. You have been removing material content from the page in what appears to be an attempt to diminish the article. Stop it. --Cdfi (talk) 15:52, 29 July 2018 (UTC)

Yeah, that's more or less why. If you want to worship some hero, try Wikia. Drmies (talk) 15:57, 29 July 2018 (UTC)

You need to stop with the abuse. You are an administrator and should hold yourself to a higher standard of conduct. --Cdfi (talk) 16:05, 29 July 2018 (UTC)

Enough. If anyone has any further problems with the content, please seek dispute resolution. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 16:16, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
Saved by Ritchie? Embarrassing.

Pretty selective in what he considers fundamental aspects of collaboration. Still, what's new.

Let the record show, this was yet another case of Drmies being incapable of following even the most basic standards of Administrator conduct, even when he is right (*). Perhaps especially because he knew he was in the right.

Let the record show, this will be another editor turned off of Wikipedia, another dispute needlessly escalated, another example of Wikipedia shitheels protecting Wikipedia shitheels.

(*) - Let the record show, a not even very close inspection of the disputed content really does reveal the utter weakness of this victory, since both versions seem intent on glorifying the subject, as if this were a Wikia is article.

Encylopedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =852374197

Fan site?

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =852340518

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:27 pm

It's 13.16 there, nice weather, and I just had a look. There is a nice zoo, a great park, there are nice cafe's and restaurants in Montgomery​ where he is living.
What went wrong in the life of this man to be so filled with anger. Because normal people go out with there family on such a nice and sunny Sunday. What went wrong that this man is so lost in the wiki world.
I know he was involved in that crazy SanFanBan. Because he showed up in that strange ToniBalloni drama on Wikiquote-NL. He, Whaledad why for the fuck did you block ToniBalloni! Een storm in een glas water, but it made clear to me what his role was in that strange globale block and lock of me. But why? I didn't know him, I had never heart of him before.

Why for the hell is this man doing this? Why is this man so angry? It has not any future, it can and shall hurt his career in a teribble way. What for the fuck is going on here Crow? Why is this man not walking with his wife in the park or the zoo eating a ice-cream?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Another day, another example of Drmies not only getting away with flagrantly violating policy, but laughing at the very idea it even applies to him (and plenty sycophants joining him in the fun too)....
Civility

Not trying to be too picky, but I wanted to remind you that WP:NPA says "The prohibition against personal attacks applies equally to all Wikipedians. It is as unacceptable to attack a user with a history of foolish or boorish behavior, or one who has been blocked, banned, or otherwise sanctioned, as it is to attack any other user." meaning that you probably should not call vandals "swine" at you did when you blocked User:108.253.174.57. Tornado chaser (talk) 02:15, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

You are being too picky. Given what that editor was trying to do I though "swine" was quite courteous. But thank you for chastising me on my talk page! I really enjoy being mansplained what I can and cannot do. *I'm getting too old for this* Drmies (talk) 02:19, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Define "mansplained" Tornado chaser (talk) 02:24, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

(edit conflict)(talk page stalker) Google says it's explaining something in a condescending manner. SQLQuery me! 02:29, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Meh, who needs Google? We have an article on the subject. -- Euryalus (talk) 02:32, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Quoting the article, "explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer." A hypothetical example might be explaining basic Wikipedia policy to an active admin and former member of Arbcom. Shock Brigade Harvester Boris (talk) 02:36, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Note "former". I don't envy those folks, by the way. I wonder if they're already done with the WW2 thing. Drmies (talk) 02:38, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
I'm going to send this to any women he tries to portray himself as a feminist to in future. I may even send it to his wife, but not sure I want to explain the context to a civilian. Would she divorce him for being an asshole? It hasn't happened yet.

It may even be worth the effort of trying to package it in civilian terms so I can unleash it on the Twittersphere. #NotYourWord

Reminding a hairy-arsed bald [no insult fits here that isn't a bad word for a man or woman's privates, which is ironic] what he has so clearly forgotten himself, is not and never will be, mansplaining. Not even if Drmies was a woman, and the person doing the reminding here, was a man. They don't identify, so they could be a woman, albeit it would be odd they didn't know what mansplaining is - maybe they were setting a trap for him, but just never sprang it? It is a risk, outing yourself as a woman on Wikipedia.

I've said it many times before, but for the benefit of this Neanderthal, the specific civility requirement this user reminded him of, does not exist to spare the feelings of bad people (that would be dumb), it exists because doing something like this......
00:49, 6 August 2018 Drmies (talk | contribs) changed block settings for 108.253.174.57 (talk) with an expiration time of 07:41, 7 August 2018 (anon. only, account creation blocked, cannot edit own talk page) (swine don't need talk page access)
.....tends to only increase the likelihood of further disruption to Wikipedia. And makes them look like childish [again, wow] children?

I'm of course referring to the innappropriateness of the insult, not the protection, although protecting an IP's talk page is of questionable utility too, but at least he remembered not to block it indefinitely. Good boy.

Rather hilariously, it took him two attempts to actually set the block/protection correctly. Maybe he was angry, this male brained pig of a specimen, and that fight reflex is maybe what causes him to incorrectly mash the buttons in moments like this (he makes a lot of these sort of errors). But it did at least prove that he had six minutes to reflect on the appropriateness of that edit summary, and kept it. Not that there is now any doubt he thinks it is appropriate, and anyone who quite rightly disagrees, can apparently fuck off away from his talk page.

This is a real flaw of Wikipedia. Their diseased quasi-Medieval culture really is to make people feel like they should be utterly apologetic in having to remind (former) Arbitrators of their responsibilities, questioning themselves if it is even civil to do so. I've known women who would happily deliver this reminder with a little more forcefulness. No-one who would be so self-hating and repressed as to willingly put up with Wikipedia. Not with people like Drmies around.

Can you imagine a Universe where this arrogant pig of a mall cop is even remotely embarrassed at needing to be reminded of a simple thing like this? No, me neither. I really do feel for his wife. She surely can't take him anywhere. Drmies and his giggling fanboys would surely find condescension in any form of words used to remind him of this simple requirement, this easy to follow principle.

Nobody's counting on Wikipedia I'm sure, not worth the intimidation or the tantrums, or the sheer pain in the ass of trawling his page history, but I think he has had quite a few perfectly legitimate civility warnings this year already. No wonder he was more than a bit tetchy on getting yet another one.

Maybe there should be an official log somewhere, if Wikipedia really wants to take the view that former Arbitrators are released from their obligation to be shining beacons of good behaviour, to slide (ooze?) back down to regular multi-warning deserving asses, as he seems to think should be the case. Sweet gig, if so. He did a pretty easy turn at the bench, and now gets to claim the status and experience of an Arbitrator, while actually having learnt nothing from it. Nothing honourable anyway.

How this guy got tenure, I will never know. Well, I do know, he pointed to his Wikipedia work as evidence he was a smart boy. Obviously not to stuff like this though. I could teach a ten year old the ethical and practical concepts involved here. And they can certainly use computers better than this oaf. Does that make this post tensplaining I wonder....

Understanding Drmies is certainly easier when you picture him as a ten year old boy. One who had a very bad upbringing of course.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 am

CrowsNest wrote:post tensplaining I wonder....

Understanding Drmies is certainly easier when you picture him as a ten year old boy. One who had a very bad upbringing of course.

This is what I see often. Behaving of a child of 10 years old, fife years old and even younger. And strange enough of people with a good education, a family, a career, etc.
In my opinion our Drmies has everything a man can wish in his life, but strange enough he keep on behaving himself in the same way his lovely child does. (See pickture on Meta on his user page.)

And more of this strange behaving is general accept on wikipedia, even encouraged by WMF. See for instance what James Alexander is doing with his SanFanBan's. It is the same childish behaving. It is all so weird.
Imagen Alexander was working behind the counter of MacDonald, if you look at his picture it should be a job what fits him perfect. Should he there also behave himself as a child?
And why is Maher behaving as a little girl? Is this a grown up academic intelligent woman if you look at pictures and video'? No, it is a hippy dreaming hippie girl with a fower in here hair. Ymnes, of what I understand seems in real live a very normal person, but he behave himself on Wikipedia as a toddler of four years old.
And of course we can describe the kindergarden behaviour of the Wikipedians over and over, but there must be something else going on. But what!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Maybe. There is a difference. Alexander and Maher have two very good reasons for doing what they do, that set them well apart from Drmies. Firstly, they are being paid. People look to them to do something for that money. Second, they have beliefs which align with the stated goals of the movement, and in their own ways, they are acting on them.

The sick thing about Drmies, is that every shitty little thing Drmies does with his undeserved power over others, is his personal gift to humanity. He does it for free. Jesus, he is usually doing it when he is actually being paid to be a professor. The dude uploaded a picture of his desk yesterday, and there's little doubt he did this while at work, in the middle of a three and a half hour editing session, none of which is even remotely connected to his field. Tenure or not, that's how little respect he has for his employer, who are paying the bills to heat and light his cubicle.

Nobody is out there insisting he violates policy or sometimes just make it up out of thin air, nobody is asking him to abuse people in Wikipedia's name, nobody gave him a job description that says the quality of the encyclopedia must suffer in the short term or the long term, as he lazily hacks articles to bits and leaves others to clean up the mess, and inexplicably thank him for it. Nobody is out there hoping that this middle aged white man advances social causes by pretending to hold values he so clearly does not, and going so far as to make people believe he is a woman, or a natural ally to anyone but himself.

There's the difference. Maher will wake up some days and be wishing she didn't have to keep lying about Wikipedia. Some days surely, Alexander doesn't relish opening his mailbox. But they do it. And in their own ways, what they do is consistent and defensible within the established parameters of their choice to be the paid operatives of a very sick cult.

There are no parameters that explain what Drmies does, as an unpaid volunteer, in Wikipedia's name, except all the very worst qualities of humanity. Ego. Pride. Jealousy. Anger. Drmies can wake up everyday and choose what he does on Wikipedia, when he does it, and how he does it. He has that freedom, like most ten year olds, at least in the developed world. Most ten year olds however, at least have to answer to someone, when they colour outside the lines. They might even get a smack for the sort of flagrantly deliberate but entirely deplorable acts that Drmies, the middle aged Wikipedian, is somehow immune from censure for.

Drmies is best viewed as a ten year old of dubious upbringing, operating without parental supervision. Even that isn't really right, because Drmies has no excuse for not knowing right from wrong. Ten year olds don't have access to the manual which specifics now they must behave. Drmies does. It is his choice to piss all over it, and dare others to do something about it.

It would be a very sick world where a ten year old decided to spend his day making drive by edits to the biography of a black female simply because she has the wrong politics.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =853622938

That's Drmies, the self proclaimed feminist and civil rights supporter. There's a Wikipedia policy out there somewhere which says don't edit biographies in such a piecemeal manner, as it will in all likelihood, result in a skewed picture at best, a misrepresentation at worst. Anyone who thinks Drmies is the least bit concerned about misrepresenting Trump supporters, or will be sticking around to do a thorough job to bring that biography to some recognisable quality standard, hasn't spent any time reading his words or studying his actions.

Naturally, his servant Yngvadottir was on hand to clean up after him. They make a good team really, in this instance seeing Drmies lazily converting an online external link into a basic html tag style footnote, she spending the time to properly format is as a {cite news} footnote. It would of course be a pretty easy job to find an example!e of Drmies being an arrogant prick to anyone he catches being so lazy, even those who barely know any better, as he does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =854265546

In other news, related to his use of "mansplaining", "firm oppose" is now a "manly phrase" too, presumably some attempt to highlight a misogynist microaggression or some other bullshit only a desperately enlightened snowflake like Drmies would get. Again, he isn't getting paid for this, and nobody expects him to do it as a volunteer either. It certainly isn't relevant to building an encyclopedia. Like his good buddy Ritchie, he seems to just assume the world benefits from seeing this sort of garbage spilling out of his mouth, to be archived forever in the annals of Wikipedia.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Drmies, our unique Dutch export product. The function mister Drmies, associate professor should be described ed in The Netherlands as Universitair hoofddocent, not as a professor I suppose. And my congrads to professor Casper CaAL, he is now a real professor, our Dutch Arb.
I don't give a fuck about there titles, they are both just a piece wiki shit for me. Just trolling behind nick, till someone doxx them and they wake up in a nightmare! Because i made them a promise and they know what one. The rest of there life backing hamburgers by MacDonald if they don't solve every problem for me!

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Classic Drmies......
User:MPJ-DK, are you seriously reminding me of something about notability? Did you really think I was somehow arguing the person wasn't notable? I've deleted probably thousands of articles--you'd think that if I needed a reminder about notability someone would have yanked my magic wand by now. Drmies (talk) 04:22, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
Firstly, let's have a good old laugh at the demonstrably false proposition that the Wikipedia community has a stellar record in identifying and desysopping incompetent Administrators. You would expect better reasoning from an academic, but if he was any good at being an academic, he himself would be notable, right? He'd be spending his days on academic work, not defending his Wikipedia competency to other Wikipedians.

Notability is a particularly stupid area for Drmies to claim competency in. From that very piece of wiki-lore....
The notability guideline does not determine the content of articles, but only whether the topic should have its own article.
Whether through ignorance of deliberate subversion, Drmies routinely ignores this pretty fundamental point (my bolding).

He gets away with it because he is not blatant or an activist about it, nor is he even consistently wrong. Being loose with language in edit summaries and posts, which is ironic, helps him here. In his own way, he is just quietly going about subverting this core aspect of Wikipedia, one article at a time (not deleting articles, but controlling what they contain, often through crude hacking). A sick combination of assume good faith and general reluctance to take on an obvious charlatan bully with powerful friends who will blindly defend him regardless, is what really insulates this turd from serious community scrutiny in any area of claimed competence.

What makes me laugh, is that even on his specific claimed competence here, deleting whole articles on grounds of notability, it took me about five minutes to compile a pretty compelling list of recent AfD's (from the last year alone) that demonstrate it is high time the community had a little chat with Drmies about whether or not be really does get what notability is all about.

Lost the debate (all his own nominations)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ilm_Centre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... 8artist%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ernational
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Eliot_Wolf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... nnsylvania
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /Guy_Hever

Had to withdraw the nomination early after seeing how wrong he had been
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... tion/GNZ48
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... um_Village
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _E._Lenard

Everyone is allowed an off day. But for an Administrator, ex-Arbitrator, of nearly 250,00 edits over 11 years, that represents a remarkably broad and sustained recent record of still failing to understand, or just not agreeing with, the community's views of notability. Which is admittedly often stupid, but we're only examining here if Drmies is in line with the community, as he implies.

He can perhaps counter with the fact he is only out of step 12.5% of times at the last 100 times he voted/nominated, but even that sounds high for someone of his experience, and is less impressive when you consider that for his nominations alone, it rises to around 18%. And it's not determinism or high standards, just basic errors, mainly not bothering to even look.

Drmies is seemingly overlooked for a performance review even in an area where it is relatively easy and clear cut to assess how well you are aligned with the community, so expecting it in the much harder business of digging through his individual edits, examining his acts and explanations against policy, is fanciful.

The worst of the worst Wikipedians always seem to defend themselves on the flimsy basis that what they do hasn't got them demoted or blocked, so it must be OK. The reason the Wikipedia community depreciated the Editor/Administrator Review process, and why they fear RfA so much, is because this position is bunk. When you properly examine their edits, few if any are objectively good, and a scary amount are objectively bad. So they choose not to look.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 pm

:lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =854488223

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =854604839

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =854667239

That's Drmies all over.

Allow me to take the literally five minutes it took to find what he said that so annoyed Tony1....
How is "then it becomes a legal issue" not a legal threat? How does it mean "then it becomes actionable on Wikipedia"? Drmies (talk) 03:18, 28 December
That's Drmies lazily turning up at AN/I to reflexively defend an Admin who had done fucked up. As was explained in the report....
Well, I see that hairtrigger application of NLT has once again kept Wikipedia a healthy community of productive editors. While I can't for the life of me understand how Tony1 could have let the words-which-dare-not-speak-their-name pass his metaphorical lips, I think it's time all admins get a special reminder that NLT says: Rather than immediately blocking users who post apparent threats, administrators should first seek to clarify the user's intention. EEng 08:37, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
And that is why Tony was eventually unblocked by the blocking admin, who offered his sincere apologies, which was not nearly enough to prevent him retiring. No idea what Drmies said after that, although if he doesn't remember, he probably said nothing, having already moved on to fuck someone else over. He does that.

So yeah, I'm guessing Tony has been reminded by old man Drmies that yes, on Wikipedia, he is oppressed, and "fuck you too" is all he will ever hear from the sensitive and self-obsessed souls of Team Fuck You Too. Whose members form a significant part of the Administration. And so he hopefully realizes what a mistake he made to reverse his retirement, and unreverses it.

Wikipedia isn't the place for emancipation. It's the place for realising you're the fool for not walking away from the place earlier. Once you've realised the true nature to your existence. Crossing paths with an ignorant fuck like Drmies will do that to people, real fast. So long may he reign.

HTD.

I shall sign off with this from Tony from way back when too, just to show that when the Wikipedians are able to tell it how it is, once they reach the point that they just don't care anymore......
The usual band of sheriffs came out shouting their opinion that it was indeed a...legal...threat (off to pay my lawyer a fortune to file an international case about, err, reverting on, what? The English Wikipedia. Riiiight. As you wish, sir, $400 an hour). So the admin action was entirely ticketyboo, like, pat on the back, another editor-villian slayed. Among these bad apples are Mendaliv, the epitome of complacent, self-moralising press-button adminning, closely followed by former arb Drmies, a great disappointment from the moment he was foolishly voted onto the Committee. TonyBallioni, Seraphimblade, Baseball Bugs, There'sNoTime, The Bushranger, and Carrite show themselves to be either clueless or, probably more likely, keen to ensure that the admin policy breach remained submerged beneath deceptive noise. Primfac invited anyone to start another ANI thread because I called Oshwa "an idiot"—a judgement I suspect Oshwa agrees with in relation to his action. It's a swashbuckling band we could laugh at if they weren't partly responsible for the decline of respect for admins. And with sincere thanks I accept Oshwah's substantial apology below. Ultimately it's not personal between him and me, but a systemic problem.
Serfs, one and all.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 pm

For those keeping score, supposed literature academic Drmies has now been confused by two phrases which have different meanings in American and British English. That I know of. First was "sonny boy", now it is "where do you fit in?". What is important to note here, is that both times his confusion came at a time he was already having angry exchanges with a user, and his reactions and responses, his tiny male brained totally unfit to be Admin type responses, of course only made things worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =854671114

What will it take for these people to tell it like it is? This guy is not, and never will be, Administrator material. He is an Administrator only by virtue of the fact it is incredibly hard to remove bad ones, especially ones as incredibly arrogant as this piece of shit, and the community are by and large so bad themselves, they don't even recognise bad when they see it. There's virtually no point them even having a document that says admins are supposed to be calm, reflective, mindful of the limitations of text based communication, and always be trying to deescalate.