The neutrality issue

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Paul Bedson
Sucks

The neutrality issue

Post by Paul Bedson » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:38 pm

They really don't like it if you kick them in the balls too hard about their neutrality issues over there do they?

I got threatened with banishment, so decided to take time off from that board while I try and learn to rephrase what I want to say, without calling a small section of their readership idiots (too much).
Wikipedia Sucks! Justipedia doesn't and it's nice, comfortable and friendly there! https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: The neutrality issue

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Wise, so do I, I even don't read there complete corrupt wikishit anymore. And it is better to take time off because Jake only want to give some critics room to show it is critical board. It is a facade, it is a WMF related propaganda board..
But ones Jake was really honest to me about ymnes and Drmies, so I think there is absolute a decent part in him. But the other part I don't like at all. I hate his double agenda. He is a kind of cheerleader. A cheerleader who is using peptalk to motivate people like for instance GW to dive again in the wiki sewer.
Maybe you can fool a lot of people, Jake, but not me. Stop it please Jack, stop making yourself to a joker. Do me that favour and give your decent part at least a change.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pm

It's funny you phrase it that way, Paul, because I wouldn't be surprised if the Snoog came after me on his talk page because of my snark on Reddit about Ol' Neutrality.

Over here people won't freak out about you saying words like libtard, I don't imagine. I still wish I knew exactly what that word meant. You missed out on our discussions of the Raving Loony Centre over there. Anything Leftish that doesn't start from the social economy of we worker-ants -- of whatever stripe or sex -- strikes me as being far-centrist... but IANAP. You apparently have been.

Paul Bedson
Sucks

Post by Paul Bedson » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 pm

sashi wrote:It's funny you phrase it that way, Paul, because I wouldn't be surprised if the Snoog came after me on his talk page because of my snark on Reddit about Ol' Neutrality.

Over here people won't freak out about you saying words like libtard, I don't imagine. I still wish I knew exactly what that word meant. You missed out on our discussions of the Raving Loony Centre over there. Anything Leftish that doesn't start from the social economy of we worker-ants -- of whatever stripe or sex -- strikes me as being far-centrist... but IANAP. You apparently have been.

I am assuming you were Etherman, if so, good snark!

You phrased it better than me as an attack on Jimmy and his corrupt system. I don't mean to call anyone an idiot and certainly don't think that. It's where people think I am attacking them and not the system where I am running in to trouble. I should explain this to Jake and apologize for any implied personal attack on individuals.
Wikipedia Sucks! Justipedia doesn't and it's nice, comfortable and friendly there! https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 am

Ming inferred you were a right wing nut job or a troll, and you're the one who gets the behavioural warning? Yeah, sounds about right. Don't be fooled into thinking this is about forum rules or board etiquette. This is about Jake signalling to the Wikipedians that they can be trusted not to cause trouble for Wikipedia by hosting the wrong sort of people with the wrong sort of opinions.

Ming called me alt-right for simply pointing out the Wikipedians don't seem to care for their verification policy when it comes to using their website's dominance of Google to smear the alt-right. Jake did nothing. Well, he did more than nothing, he jumped right on that bandwagon, like I'm some fucking idiot. You will waste a lot of words trying to convince Jake he is wrong about anything to do with politics. He will not do you the basic courtesy of even reading what you write before he embarks on one of his trademark sermons.

Ming claims Wikipedians are within their rights to put any old shit in their articles about the alt-right as long as it meets his basic test for being true, namely a Google search. That was his retarded way of rationalizing a particularly toxic thing the Wikipedians do - allow a particular form of original research (referencing a damaging generalization through mere examples reported in RS) when it hurts the right, but disallow it as original research when it hurts the left. It is part of their ingrained bias. It is now they #resist.

This is what these people do. Ming is the ultimate troll. Who goes around applying different standards to the right and left, expecting not to cause a reaction? Jake is owed nothing from you. Quite the opposite. For refusing to tell Ming to shut the fuck up and stop talking utter Wikipedian drivel, especially when he lacks the integrity to reveal which particular Wikipedia #resist drone he is so we can explore what he undoubtedly does to subvert Wikipedia neutrality, indeed for weighing in to support him wholeheartedly, he owes everybody who has ever been deceived into thinking that website is independent of Wikipedia, a massive apology.

Don't you be embarrassing yourself by changing your posts to suit the fucked up sensitivities of these people. Your comments about the system will always be perceived as personal attacks on them, because they are wholehearted supporters of the system. These so called critics want no part of any criticism of Wikipedia that takes issue with cult's screaming political bias or it's blatant, obvious, violations of the foundational principle that no, they're not part of the #resist movement. They're a fucking encyclopedia. An encyclopedia doesn't have a political opinion, it has editorial standards that are evenly applied across the board.

Tall Jake to go fuck himself and just take the ban. Believe me, you will be saving yourself a lot of wasted time. If not, Ming is just going to keep trolling the fuck out of you, with Jake's blessing. Why'd you think neither dares show their face here? They can't do what they do here. Just as the rat-faced Wikipedians like to hide in their hole, doing their rat stuff, these cowards like to hide in theirs. Jake is King Rat. You pissed off King Rat.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:18 am

Paul Bedson wrote:
sashi wrote:....

I am assuming you were Etherman, if so, good snark!.
Nope, he's rosahills.

Whatever Etherman is, he is wrong.....
Ofc it lacks neutrality... Wales is on record saying he's absolutely fine with not being neutral because he doesn't CARE about neutrality, he only cares about the Wikipedia version of verifiability, meaning "a newspaper said it", and everything else, including proven falsehood, is irrelevant to him, and the community has proven they support him on that point on numerous occasions.
This is a gross distortion of his view, but for the theory behind how you use sources to portray neutrality without having to insert your own opinions, is better explained by Larry Sanger, now of Everipedia of course.

Larry abandoned Wikipedia because he could see they were all crazy. One can imagine the sight of various editors actually resisting Jimmy when he was quite strident about how they should not host proven falsehoods even if they could be supported by reliable sources merely added to that opinion, just as much as the sight of Gamergaters fighting to be allowed to insert their counter-arguments to supposedly balance out what can be found in reliable sources.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:29 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Paul Bedson wrote:
sashi wrote:....

I am assuming you were Etherman, if so, good snark!.
Nope, he's rosahills.

Whatever Etherman is, he is wrong.....
Ofc it lacks neutrality... Wales is on record saying he's absolutely fine with not being neutral because he doesn't CARE about neutrality, he only cares about the Wikipedia version of verifiability, meaning "a newspaper said it", and everything else, including proven falsehood, is irrelevant to him, and the community has proven they support him on that point on numerous occasions.
This is a gross distortion of his view, but for the theory behind how you use sources to portray neutrality without having to insert your own opinions, is better explained by Larry Sanger, now of Everipedia of course.

Larry abandoned Wikipedia because he could see they were all crazy. One can imagine the sight of various editors actually resisting Jimmy when he was quite strident about how they should not host proven falsehoods even if they could be supported by reliable sources merely added to that opinion, just as much as the sight of Gamergaters fighting to be allowed to insert their counter-arguments to supposedly balance out what can be found in reliable sources.

This is so important, the theory behind how you use sources to portray neutrality without having to insert your own opinions. Because that is where it is all about. And of course you have to know where you are talking about. Eric and I can write a article about vacuum tubes even without sources. Why? because we both know where it is about. Eric of course better than I, but we are both able to judge what is wrong or right in a source.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 am