Ming

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Ming

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 am

Ming has given up, again, trying to figure out whatinthehell CN is so wound up about. For one thing, it would mean wading through more of the omndirectional anger/contempt, and for another it would mean another go at trying to work through what he tries to pass off as argument, which wouldn't be so bad except that there's so much of it and that it's too much work straining out all the ranting. About the only thing Ming can definitely pick out of all the goings-on is that everyone is supposed to hate WP in all respects, and even then Ming isn't sure whether this represents a genuine passion or just a pose for the sake of arguing.

Part of the reason Ming's thread is so long is that Graaf has to get his licks in too, and part is because this AndrewForson decided to get in on the act, at one point going through a classic Ming-V.-CN argument when the latter "corrected" Ming with a statement that was in fact untrue, and off it went, with AF saving Ming the trouble of having to make a series of rather Ming-like responses.

The truth is that Ming has no idea of why Ming was unaware of MEDCOM until this discussion came up--which is to some degree the point. Ming does not roam around WP once looking for things to complain about, other than clicking "random article" from time to time to see if something egregious turns up. No doubt CN is going to ding Ming for Ming's lack of curiosity, as he continues to accuse Ming of being a WP process-worshipper, but then its the invective that always seemed to Ming to be the point, not the content thereof.

Giving it up Ming, that is indeed the only right thing to do. Because you are a die hard Wikipedian who is playing a critic. And for sure you are a wiki sysop who is playing his dirty games with the others and I don't understand why you lie, because for the simple reason action speaks louder them words.
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 pm

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44

Give us your real users name Ming, (Not of a wiki friend) so we can see what your role is one Wikipedia. That should be fact checking. But I bet you are or a sysop, or in a other way close related to the not existing cabal.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:49 am

None of your business, Graaf. If you don't believe Ming, well, that's too bad.

Not a big deal and no hard feelings Ming, because I was never a editor on WPEN and I think we never met on wiki. To be honest with you I don't care if you are a sysop or not. Because just like you are not interested in WPNL am I not interested in WPEN.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Ming has done some article checking, but there really has never been an organized, comprehensive fact-checking program. It's always "get it written; we'll fix things later," and now it is very much later.
If Ming doesn't know about things like MedCom, Ming probably wouldn't know what kind of organised programs or other measures exist to ensure articles can be fixed in an organised and comprehensive fashion.

It does indeed not happen because they can't be bothered, but if they were, they'd have no excuse for not knowing how to do it efficiently and effectively. And they have all the means and opportunity to request even more efficient and effective systems, if they wanted them, if, through widespread use of existing systems they identified areas for improvement, as happens in the real world.

Indeed, it is a nonsense to even talk of anything ever happening on Wikipedia for any other reason than they decided it was a priority, in a project where they, and nobody else, is allowed to dictate what the priorities are.

Ming doesn't know his arse from his elbow, as usual. He can fix articles on Wikipedia in a haphazard and unproductive fashion, or he can talk shit on a supposed critic forum. His freedom to do either, with zero consequences, is why Wikipedia is shit, and will remain shit until it's eventual demise from being so shit.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 pm

let us all remember who can still edit without having to resort to fakery, and who can't. Ming does not need to brag about Ming's WP accomplishments
But Ming does rather need to tell people his user name before they take this sort of claim seriously.

Nothing Ming has ever said has convinced me he would be anything more than a mediocre Wikipedia editor. Certainly no Featured Articles, and would probably struggle to write a GA without help. Given he claims to have been around since the early days, that marks him out as quite a limited individual.

It is unlikely he has any interest in or special skills to offer in a crucial area. His postings on Wikipediocracy suggests he is nothing more than a nuisance in the already nuisance heavy US politics topic area, a reverter and splutterer of acronyms and aspersions. To do that for over ten years, definitely marks you out as a bit of a sad case.

And Ming knows I know what I'm talking about, otherwise Ming would have relished showing I do not. Ming claims he has better things to do than take me on. Ming is fooling nobody. If Ming is a Wikipedia editor, he has hours of life to waste, so why not spend some of it on proving he is not what we think he is?

Is he some kind of coward? Yes. Yes he is. All Wikipedians are. I think they test for it during the induction.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:42 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Is he some kind of coward? Yes. Yes he is. All Wikipedians are. I think they test for it during the induction.

Hiding behind IPs/handles/TOR/sockpuppets is just stock Internet behavior leftover from the '90s taught to the First Ones by the BBS Ancients of the 1980s. In that Wikipedia is a product of pre-9/11-era ideas, what was "club behavior" has degenerated to pathology - they can't see a Wikipedia where everybody uses their real names, or an administration that is willing to be honest with everybody. (And they will need to start acting like that, the decline is too great now for game-playing.)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 am

CrowsNest wrote:Nothing Ming has ever said has convinced me he would be anything more than a mediocre Wikipedia editor. Certainly no Featured Articles, and would probably struggle to write a GA without help. Given he claims to have been around since the early days, that marks him out as quite a limited individual.
It is unlikely he has any interest in or special skills to offer in a crucial area. His postings on Wikipediocracy suggests he is nothing more than a nuisance in the already nuisance heavy US politics topic area, a reverter and splutterer of acronyms and aspersions. To do that for over ten years, definitely marks you out as a bit of a sad case.

Also my impression. He's Wikipediocracy in miniature, in decline too. Made for each other.

(Did anyone ever "dox" Ming? Not that he's worth the trouble, mind you.)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Ming wrote:One of the more egregious stupidities of the COI angle on Hale is the notion that it matters at all what the specific relationship between her and her, well, whatever is. They are obviously well-acquainted, and that's enough.
The word is wife, you ignorant piece of shit.

Auggie
Sucks

Post by Auggie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Ming wrote:One of the more egregious stupidities of the COI angle on Hale is the notion that it matters at all what the specific relationship between her and her, well, whatever is. They are obviously well-acquainted, and that's enough.
The word is wife, you ignorant piece of shit.

:lol: I saw that too but didn't want to be accused of PvP for enlightening him. What a dumbass.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:43 am

Wow. Look what the cat dragged in......
The rules are supposed to serve making an encyclopedia through the labors of a host of volunteers. Fram was, along with far too few others, on the side of making at least a decent encyclopedia, but these days the politics of exercising the rules are tilted in the direction of quantity over quality, particularly if you have the right friends.
....and hopefully it will get hit with a shovel when someone over there has the good sense to point out one of the most obvious reasons so many people hated Fram, was that often his targets were the supposed elite builders.

When you read the support votes by other luminaries of the content is the only concern faction - SchroCat, Laser, Ealdgyth, Yvangdottir etc, you realize they're not supporting Fram per se, rather they're opposing the WMF and/or "govcom", who to them, pose a greater threat. Better the asshole you can know (and can thus control), and all that.

If Fram was all about protecting the builders, Queen Bishonen would have shown her loyal subjects which column they should put their muddy pawprint. Without her guidance, some have stayed sway, while others have gone and shit all over the place.