Tarage

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Tarage

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:36 am

At time of writing, this moon unit has logged 3,448 edits to Wikipedia, 911 to the Administrator's noticeboard alone.

That is a very ironic number, as he has also made 703 edits to Talk:September 11 attacks, which seems a lot considering he has only made 42 associated edits to it. It is by far the single biggest interest he has outside of the Admin noticebards, his next most active article talk page having just 31 comments, for 107 edits.

I'm writing this fuckstick up for having the temerity to say Peter Hitchins talks shit, when in reality, he nailed Wikipedia's reality to a tee, and received a community ban for it. Boy do they not like having a mirror held up to their ugly faces.

One of their ugly realities, is now they happily let a certifiable asshole like Tarage, who should rightly be hidden under a rock if they cannot be banned at all, to act as the public of Wikipedia.

If karma is a little slow in working its magic on this guy, let's just make sure the Wikipedia Administration keeps on top of their much overdue housework.......
Is calling someone crazy a bannable offense? --Tarage (talk) 17:40, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
Your comments at ANI in recent months have consistently been among the most aggressive, confrontational and downright rude of just about anyone's, and at ANI that takes some doing. I've pondered requesting a topic ban for you from ANI for some time, but I've felt you have perhaps not gone far enough for that. But I've now seen enough, and I ask you to tone down your contributions or I will pursue a topic ban. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 18:04, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
You were literally here last week with the same issue with the same user. Bullshit that you think this is over. You'll be back here in a week. --Tarage (talk) 22:53, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
"Professional wrestling uses the exact same criteria for notability as anything else" Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Haaaa... --Tarage (talk) 22:30, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
"Wikipedia" has told you how to handle this situation. "Wikipedia" is a bunch of volunteer editors, like me. "Wikipedia" needs you to retract the legal threats you made, EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK THEY ARE THREATS. "Wikipedia" needs you to change your name. "Wikipedia" needs you to understand that Wikipedia is not a US entity, a US Government entity, or a national entity at all. Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia run by people. It is a private website. You have NO freedom of speech here. You have NO rights here. Using this site is a PRIVILEGE.
Until you understand this, you will not be allowed to edit. Period. "Wikipedia" will do nothing more until YOU fix your behavior. --Tarage (talk) 22:57, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Talk shit, get hit. --Tarage (talk) 08:07, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
HEY BOING! YOUR TROLL NEEDS PUTTING IN ITS BOX NOW.

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON, OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN. Right? Am I accurately quoting policy?

Whenever you're ready like. I know you're busy people, you wonderous volunteers. Probably got shit to do up there in the frozen wastelands.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Re: Tarage

Post by AndrewForson » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Rather obviously a "bad hand", or at least, uninhibited-on-controversial-topics sock-puppet of a long-established figure, presumably an admin. Any guesses?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I would normally say something like it's not mine, but I can't be sure where they will pin it.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:06 pm

....I'm going to ask you one more time to tone down your aggressive and often downright rude approach to interaction with other editors, especially at WP:ANI .... Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 11:36, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

Less than 24 hours later, at AN/I.....

Urge to tell David to fuck off... rising... --Tarage (talk) 08:26, 28 October 2018 (UTC)
Classic Wikipedia.

What next Boing? Yet another warning?

For the win.....
I'd like to see a week long block, even though it's unrelated to the previous edit warring block, the user clearly has issues with civility as seen by the numerous warning on their talk page. --Tarage (talk) 00:24, 26 October 2018 (UTC)
How do these people just not spontaneously burst into flames?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:44 pm

You always have to stay polite according to mister Boing!, Crow. Mister manners.
Even if Mister Natuur12 aka Drvies fucks you total you have to keep cool. Otherwise there is always mister Boing! to warn and to block you.
And because I am such a polite person I haven put Mister Boing! on his own request on the list of idiots and total wiki creeps.

(Vies=Dirty in Dutch)

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Tarage was on IRC earlier because someone hard-blocked his open proxy that he uses at work. He now has IPBE to combat that.

Anyway he revealed that he works for Microsoft in a building called "Studio A", doing cortana and voice assistant integration for the xbox.

Go figure. ;)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 pm

There was me thinking IPBE was only for people who really need it, people working on controversial topics, or stuck behind state level domain blocks.

It says a lot they give it to a guy who apparently can't go eight hours without being a dick on AN/I.

Interesting use of "temporary" here though.....
18:39, 29 October 2018 Courcelles (talk | contribs) changed group membership for Tarage from extended confirmed user to IP block exempt (temporary, until 18:39, 29 October 2019) and extended confirmed user (Caught in a global hardblock)

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Btw, is Tarage an opponent of paid editing or a known hardliner on COI? If not, or even if he is but in a very screech way, we may now know why....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict- ... #Microsoft

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Boing! has finally decided he has had enough of Tarage's relentless aggression. It only took him, what, nearly four months?

Despite filing a very lengthy report, which merely showed for how long and how often Tarage has ignored his warnings, all he could suggest by way of action, is for a consensus that Tarage needs to tone it down. He had to be pushed into proposing a temporary topic ban from AN/I, and couldn't even suggest how long it should be. Obviously, Tarage's behaviour is a problem outside of those boards, as his own report demonstrates, but Boing! seems to have missed that flaw in going the topic ban route.

Quite the contrast with the speed with which he blocked Fred Bauder, and then pushed for the maximum possible penalty. Ironic that one of Fred's harassers, has been Tarage. Wouldn't have happened, if Boing! had acted sooner.

Not that it is possible to feel sorry for Tarage, but it is quite hilarious to see certain Administrators characterizing this as the start of a crackdown on people who bring "constant, relentless, low-to-mid-level aggression" and "gratuitously obnoxious" conduct to AN/I.If that was the goal, you would not be starting with Tarage. He wouldn't even be on the first transport to the death camp. The second, no doubt.

As Tarage will perhaps start to whine about, if he ever even comes back to be held to account for his behaviour, many of the people who would be on the first transport are those who seek to judge him (particularly if applying the supposed higher standard of WP:ADMIN), and their friends. All I have to say to that is, HA HA.

You got played, suckah.

As for his many, many, victims, there will of course be no reparations. Nobody will have their sanctions reviewed, nobody will be given a second chance on the basis the mere presence of Tarage may have influenced how their cases went. For these four months Boing! has had his thumb up his ass, Tarage has been entitled to full privelages.

If Tarage just dissappears, you can be almost certain he was just a holiday sock, a stress reliever for one of the Administrators who find it hard to operate within the confines of civility.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:48 am

On wow......that was, awesome.

I don't want to dilute the amazing with a summary, you just have to read it in its raw form, to understand how truly hilarious it all is.
So because I removed a message from Boing, who I have asked repeatedly not to constantly come and template me, they start an AN section on me? Is anyone else even remotely concerned by this? Am I not allowed to removed talk page messages anymore? "little snot" was my attempt to downplay my "hostile, agressive, or disparaging" behavior. I'm trying here. I think it's very disingenuous that Boing was the one to bring this. --Tarage (talk) 18:54, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

It's the wrong response to remove things from your talk page? I was not aware I was not allowed to remove things from my talk page anymore. --Tarage (talk) 18:57, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Have I commented on anyone's mental health or physical health since then? I've been trying. Thanks for punishing me for trying. I knew I'd never get a fair shake from you. --Tarage (talk) 18:58, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I honestly don't understand this. Am I or am I not allowed to remove messages from my talk page? Do you realize that I was unfairly BLOCKED the last time I removed one? And who unblocked me because they saw that it was nonsense? Boing. If there is a specific rule somewhere that says users aren't allowed to remove ANYTHING an admin posts, PLEASE show it to me, because I am honestly not aware of it. --Tarage (talk) 19:00, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Also what's being ignored here are the attempts I have made to council users who I felt are worth trying to save. There was even one who I tried to help who ended up being a sock! There's another who was adding poor english to numerous articles. Please see User:Bishonen's talk page to see my long conversation with them. That folks are voting to throw me out without even hearing my side of things, considering this was launched while I was asleep, seems very symptomatic of the very thing people are criticizing me for. --Tarage (talk) 19:02, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

This is what I'm talking about. I'm not being afforded any good faith here. I said "I honestly don't understand this" and I mean it, and what I get back is statements that I'm clueless and should be restricted even more. I am, again, honestly asking the following: What is and is not okay for removing talk page messages? Am I allowed to comment about how I am upset about something in the edit comment? Do I need to be silent? Is there a page where I can find out what is and isn't allowed? Please, someone tell me in a way that isn't mocking me. --Tarage (talk) 20:05, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

So this is what happens. I make comments here trying to defend myself and my behavior and asking questions, and not only does it result in comments here (Which is fine, because obviously I'm reading this page and understand people are going to reply), but ALSO a message on my talk page with roughly the same thing. Saying that I am unaware and that I am posting nonsense. I don't understand how I am supposed to defend myself against this. I find it... telling that the same people who are claiming that I am toxic and harsh are being so to me. Even though I've asked Boing to have someone else comment on my behavior because I perceive an unfair bias against be due to the many threats to take me to ANI they have levied against me on my talk page, they continue to be the one to do so. And then if I act frustrated at this, it escalates to AN. I don't think this is fair. --Tarage (talk) 20:10, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Years? I never had a problem beyond this last year. Again, I find it bemusing that the very same behavior I am being criticized for is okay to do to me and not criticize it. I just have to be silent. --Tarage (talk) 20:20, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Wanting editors to stop calling other editors racist is rude and dismissive? --Tarage (talk) 20:21, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Both editors were calling the other editor racist in the thread. Back to back. I don't need evidence when they are doing it right there. That is why I suggested sanctions. Because I wanted it to stop. If my suggesting sanctions is a problem I won't ever do it again. I was only trying to help. --Tarage (talk) 20:26, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

(Note: one of those editors said "[my opponent] is a racist editor and the proof is all over Wikipedia"))

So I'm not allowed to "reject your personal overtures" because I feel you might be biased? I'm not allowed to ask that someone else interact with me? --Tarage (talk) 20:23, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Again, this is the problem. I ask that you not interact with me, or go through someone else, and you flat out ignore that. Every single time. You have no respect for me or my wishes. Even here, when I clearly say "I don't want to interact with you", you are the first to reply. I have no ability to reject talking to you. --Tarage (talk) 20:25, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Twice more people have come to my talk page, including Legacypac who, just after TParis suggested not responding to me there, responds. And then power~enwiki comes in and starts in on me. I don't know what to do to make this stop. Why am I being attacked on multiple fronts? Why do I have to debate people on multiple pages? --Tarage (talk) 20:30, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I didn't say yours was hostile. I never said that. I said I don't want to have to try to fight on two fronts. Also we have a history of not getting along, so I don't know why you are doing this. --Tarage (talk) 20:34, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Also I thought we just had a referendum on the word "fuck" that it wasn't sanctionable. I feel like every time I try to say something someone else comes in to tell me that I'm wrong and not listening, so I guess I have to just stop trying to say anything and take whatever happens. I'm sorry I was hostile. I'm sorry I started sanction suggestions. I was only trying to help when I saw bad behavior. --Tarage (talk) 20:37, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I know how this works. I've seen it a million times before. Anything further I say will be used to illustrate how I don't get it or I'm not listening or I'm bad for Wikipedia. It doesn't matter if I apologize. It doesn't matter if I say I'm confused because people have told me I'm doing a good job. It doesn't matter if I feel like the same group of people are launching at me over and over again. It just doesn't matter. No one ever changes their minds on AN or ANI except to be more harsh. You're with the clique until you're cast out. It's like highschool all over again, some of the worst years of my life. I'll just stop. I don't have any way to stand up for myself anymore. --Tarage (talk) 21:05, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I said I was sorry. I said I understand. I said I am confused about the very issue that brought things here and what I am and am not allowed to do with my talk page without fear of repercussions. I said I am uncomfortable with so many people coming to my talk page and telling me how awful I am. I tried to explain why I was trying to do what I was doing and that I was only trying to help. I don't know what else I can do. It doesn't seem to matter. I can't even ask someone who has defended me to come say anything either. No one will speak on my behalf, even though so many have told me I was doing good. I give up. --Tarage (talk) 21:55, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I said I won't ever propose sactions against anyone else ever again. I won't ever remove anything from my talk page ever again. It doesn't matter. You say humbled, I say humiliated. Either way I doubt I'm going to be contributing much anymore. Like I said, this is like highschool. I have enough wrong with my life. --Tarage (talk) 22:05, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
During that massive session of pounding the table at AN, it is telling that the only other edits he made were to appeal to the TrollMaster himself......
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this
But I could use some help. I don't know if this counts as canvasing. If it does, one of my many contribution followers can remove it and you can ignore it. I feel like I'm being dogpiled. --Tarage (talk) 20:33, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Yes, it is clearly WP:canvassing, and by doing it you've made it virtually impossible for me to even comment in the discussion, let alone !vote in it. Beyond My Ken (talk) 21:18, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

I'm sorry. It doesn't look like it matters anyway. --Tarage (talk) 21:28, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
Who could have predicted, a find upstanding character like BMK wants no part of defending the person who has so clearly modelled himself on.

At close of play, after that epic session of hole digging, he was done, and predictably did what cowardly bullies do when their gang has disowned them, RUN.....
I think I'm done
"I don't think Tarage has taken any of this to heart (they are continuing to defend themselves)" That says enough for me to know I can't even say anything in my defense. When continuing to defend one's self is a negative... I don't know what to do or say. I can't do or say anything. I even bet someone will take this message and use it against me somehow, or reply just to tell me I just don't get it. I don't want replies anymore. I don't want to be here. --Tarage (talk) 22:32, 30 November 2018 (UTC)

Retired
This user is no longer active on Wikipedia as of November 2018 due to a complete abandonment of [note:he probably meant "by"] the Wikipedia community, all over the course of less than 24 hours.

I don't even get the justice of having my case be open for more than 9 hours. This is Wikipedia, and I want no part of it. --Tarage (talk) 00:26, 1 December 2018 (UTC)

Undid revision 871439121 by Aceing Winter Snows Harsh Cold (talk) No one is allowed on my talk page anymore. No one is allowed to post. No one stood up for me except an IP editor, and my fucking case was only open for 9 fucking hours. It's pretty fucking clear no one gives a shit about me so everyone go away.

Undid revision 871465975 by Boing! said Zebedee (talk) No one has any respect for me or my wishes to be left alone. People continue to find ways to insult me beyond the close. Do not post here again. Period.
There's an outside chance he might already be hanging from a rope as I type this. You wouldn't be surprised if he was, would you? And we'd probably never find out, unless he leaves a note. The again, you also wouldn't be surprised at seeing a Wikipedia editor choosing to suggest to people they have pushed him over the edge, rather than take responsibility for their own actions.

Again, while it is obviously not possible to feel sympathy for Tarage, not even if he is now dead, he is (was?) simply a bully finally getting what he deserves, it's clear the rest of the community did a total number on him, chiefly by not stepping in early and correcting his misconceptions about what is and is not OK. Hence his massive sense of confusion and betrayal now.

There's so much gold there, so much that lays bare the awful truth of Wikipedia, but I think I my favourites are his idea that "little snot" was evidence of creditable improvement in his behaviour, just like the fact he no longer comments on people's mental health. Hilarious that he tries to cite Bishonen as a character witness - little snot sounds awfully close to little shit. Awesome that he tries to use the recent fuck off RfC in his defence. A blind man could have seen that coming, and yet the community in their wisdom still did it, like it was NOTHING.

Best of all is the fact he seems put out by the fact the very things he knows happen at AN/I, are now happening to him. For a guy who knows how it goes, he sure does seem unwilling or indeed unable to take the only path that is known to prevent an even worse outcome than that which is proposed - admit guilt for everything, even the stuff you are adamant you did not do, and commit to changing your behaviour. When the dust has settled, then you go after those who you feel wronged you.

You may think me heartless in taking this much pleasure in such a meltdown, which has possibly ended in the worst way imaginable, but you need to understand, if it wasn't already obvious from my posts, if I were a Wikipedia editor, I'd have been the guy who would be telling Tarage to stop months ago, out of sympathy for those he was bullying and may have himself sent over the edge, well before any of these Johnny Come Latelies only now bravely admitting they had found his conduct to be objectionable for a while. I'd have told him to stop when it was first evident, and shown him the policies that say his behaviour is unacceptable.

This reason I can't do that, the reason I would have to be crazy to even attempt it, is because Wikipedia only works in theory. In practice, it is a place where editors like my alternate universe self, are quickly identified and eliminated by the most powerful people there, aided by a community that is variously indifferent, if not wholly complicit, in perpetuating the status quo, or even worsening it. All the people we expose here as corrupt etc, they're the people who, in such a situation, would happily support a scumbag like Tarage over an editor trying to stop him when he should be stopped. The Wikipedia community's tolerance for sustained and unapologetic misconduct, is legendary. Exhibit A: Eric Corbett. They are not riding to his defence here as hard as they would for the ferret fucker, because Tarage is a disposable footsoldier with unremarkable content contributions.

He pushed a little too far, enjoyed it all a little too much, ignored one too many warnings, and so there was finally, far too late frankly, some weak sort of pushback. And he crumbled. All so predictable. So here I am. I can laugh at this, just as I would laugh at anyone who willingly sped to their own destruction, not heeding my warnings. He is not the first who took me for a fool.

Until you can get rid of people like Drmies and Bishonen, who set the tone for everythig, and who everyone else can see are totally untouchable, you will never change the culture. Tarage is essentially the baby that would result in the unofficial King and Queen of Wikipedia having an extra-marital affair. Which reminds me, Bishonen is another female user who Drmies regularly fawns over, far beyond mere professional admiration. His poor wife. Although to be accurate, this would be less of a human affair, with just one or two illegitimate offspring, it is more of a Lord Of The Rings spawn a million Troll babies to toxify the world, type affair. You can hear the pounding of their troll feet on the lush green grass of the Shire, right? They're coming for you.

This poor fool, dead as he may be now, thought Wikipedia is like High School. The truth is far far worse. In this Seventh Circle of Hell, you can be both bully and victim, and there are no staff.

This is why it is also so hilarious to me that they are now wringing their collective hands over their obvious cultural issues that attracts and encourages people like Tarage, before totally destroying them. As if they haven't been told about this problem for YEARS. It's not a community, it's a meat-grinder. This is the price they will pay, and will keep paying, for pretending we don't exist, like you can't fucking hear us. We expect blood. And we will have it. Karma, bitches.

And to all the apologists, the reformers, those who indulge these people's every desire, chiefly their desire not to be confronted with the reality of who they are and what they do, you too can share a piece of this. You can find their names on this site too. We don't forgive, and we don't forget.

At his very end, he berated his former brothers for not showing him just a little humanity. Horrified, they are all now looking around for their Better Selves. Satan always did have a sick sense of humour.

HTD.

P.S. As with Shock Brigade Harvester Boris, if he has killed himself, be in no doubt that these are not people you should be mourning. No rest for the wicked, and all that. Nobody will ever really know the damage someone like Tarage has done to other people, and by extension, on humanity itself, given the influence and reach of Wikipedia. Suffice to say it is a debt that taking your own life cannot so easily repay. Especially not if it doesn't come with that final admission of guilt.

But if he is dead, then by all means, have sympathy for his family, who were in all likelihood entirely unaware of his involvement with Wikipedia, and so of the role it played in taking away their son. The guy may have even thought Wikipedia was his family. The WMF certainly won't be attempting to contact them, just in case. Just another reason to hate them all.

Nothing to hold a man in his grave.

HTD.