Quora Hack

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
The End
Sucks Fan

Quora Hack

Post by The End » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:44 am

Given that Jimbo Wales is a minority investor in the Quora, I thought bringing this here would be appropriate. I wonder how Jimbo is taking this?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/3/1812 ... l-messages
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Quora Hack

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 am

There is quite a bit of data stolen, some of which is on Wikipedians like Eric Corbett who according to what he put into Quora, Graduated from Hatfield Polytechnic in 1974, and is a retired IT consultant.

Screenshot_20181204_103519.png
Screenshot_20181204_103519.png (29.66 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

Much informations.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am

I think this is not the danger, I think the combination what people and who knows computers make between your data.

Drmies, never heard of. Crow starts a topic here and I think... A Dutch expat? A professor English? And he behave himself as like a total jerk?
How familiar, I know a person like this from WPNL how fucked me complete in a way i don't like together with a mental backward person.

And than you start searching. Heeeee....... that sock Natuur12, what is clearly it is, is editing in the working ours of that professor. Heeee, he appears in the Tonybalioni circus on Wikiquote in connection with Whaledad on Wikiquote-NL, the fire seat of the European copyright, staring Romaineeee=>wikipedia.
Who are his friends? Strange, that Tony seems to know that trolling steward Trijnstel very well, he is claiming to trust here, and what is he doing on WPNL and arbcom? Shit, this guy has to understand Dutch, because I still didn't find the English arbcom election....... It must be, he knows his way perfect there! Ah, a sock or a meat puppet of the professor.

Woudloper (a arb and he was friend). Damme it, you know him! You know that Natuur12! You voted for in arbcom, he appears on your talk page, he was a arb in that time, Damme it, tell me the true! Is that Natuur12 and the professor the same person? No answer and I know enough! Woudloper will never lie to me.

And look here...... A part of the Russavia drama is here. On WPNL. Staring Natuur12. Staring Moira-NL trollbot. And in this way you can combine very easy the whole sock puppet/meat puppet story.

And you too! And that is the danger! I never heard before of Russavia and Drmies or that Tony before that SanFanBan. I heard the first time about Russavia and the Jimbo painting on WO. I hardly ever edited on a other site than the Dutch WMF products. I didn't know anybody before!

And yes, in this way I found out the true. By combining data.

By the way Molly, Max is lovely, real, but I see the shit in your hair here form Holland sitting in my chair. And a lot of shit also behind your ears. Go and wash yourself, before it is to late, girl.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Dysklyver wrote:There is quite a bit of data stolen, some of which is on Wikipedians like Eric Corbett who according to what he put into Quora, Graduated from Hatfield Polytechnic in 1974, and is a retired IT consultant.

Lol. As for the hack, I doubt Jimbo has even noticed it. He's an "idea Man" and "Big Picture Man" and doesn't give a shit about the details. Unless they end up humiliating him.

On Jimbotalk right now they're blubbering at each other about "two-factor authentication". Most of them seem to have no idea what it is. Doesn't stop them from fighting over it.