Dysklyver is right, Arthur is always right.

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Dysklyver is right, Arthur is always right.

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am

Being grown up has nothing to do with age, altough Arthur is from 1997, almost 45 years later born than I am, he is a very wise person. Who is always saying the right things. He is speaking in a much more mature and realistic way than the older global heater Katherine Maher for instance and many others. Because here he is complete richt.

Trouble is they say these satellites make blocking harder, and people like Paul Bedson come along and explain how magic blockchain does the same thing, but it actually makes it far easier. Blocking the blockchain is like blocking tor or torrents, a ridiculously easy protocol filter.

LEOs however, are just flying American ISPs and thus it would be easy to block/regulate Wikipedia globally via a single order to one ISP instead of 280+ ISP's spread over multiple jurisdictions.

Anyway, I think we have concluded that the best way to destroy Wikipedia is to wait till capitalist tech companies decide to turn it into a consumer product. This will probably happen slowly over time, but could be accelerated by laws/regulation on content. For example this "partnership" which seems to be Google replacing Wikipedia Indonesia.

I complete agree. Like I said before I am sure Google doesn't wait till they have a tremendous fine of the EU because Alexander, Maher, Drmies, Gerlach Dimi, and Romaine have such a good time. Because the alternative is the China option, a national Wiki and wikipedia on black. It is of course foolish to think the "man on the button" can't switch on and off what they want or not. If my gouvernement decides to turn the whole America on black tomorrow, it is black. Or whatever they want and order. Or whatever a judge orders. They are elected, they are in command, they make the make decisions. It is as simple as that.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Dysklyver is right, Arthur is always right.

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Arthur wrote:Many editors do this accidentally anyway which is why the problem is so prevalent. It's easy as pie to read a couple of news articles and make wildly incorrect assumptions about the facts.

Are they, Arthur? You are kidding! But never mind, there is always a shiny golden block hammer with diamonds in the grip if things are getting too difficult for you!
Just go to Twitter to continue your blessing work there. Make Twitter a safer place, like James is doing now.
Special if you look here, because there you can see my father is not born in 1910 but in 1916. And a lot of information is leaking. (When did I die? Who was that other brother or sister?)

That is fact checking with secondair sources! Well, for me this is there most golden blunder with there fact checking!
But anyway it has given me a SanFranBan, what makes me extreem proud! And Alexander? Alexander is trying the next Chinese buffet, for sure!

But watch your health, James, and Merry Christmas, you have fooled them all! Congrads!

O, James, and if you ever get the idea to wasted an awful lot of money on prostitutes and expensive alcohol in Moscow, don't do that. My dear friend Olav died very young because of alcohol and was three mounts in hospital after his first vist to a prostituee when he was seventeen. With a antibiotic infuse, yes. One beer or glas of wine is enough, that is very healthy, every glas more is poison. So, never go to a prostituee. I never understood why you should, be nice to women and you always get what you want. Always! Complete for free! I have never paid for sex and am proud of that.
Just by being friendly to them and see them as your equal, because that is the gender mystery.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:55 pm

Arthur wrote:Uruguay certainly could try, because Wikipedia is available in their country. However as they are a small and insignificant backwater nation, I think the WMF could safely ignore them.

Correct, but for instance in The Netherlands you have Elsevier, a film industry, a music industry, and Germany has that too. And France, the cradle of our Code Napoleon system sees intellectual property as gold in there ground. And these are extreem powerful nations in the EU and all these industry's have there interests and strong lobby groups.
These are the dangers country's for WMF, special because the judicial power is sending strong messages at the moment. The judicial power in our country is a part of the social process, they are the servant of this society and in theory the king in our country, so it is extreem stupide to ignore there messages. If the courts are talking we all salute and listen what they have to say, including the government. Because it is in name of the king and he is the big boss. That is the base of the Code Napoleon system, the empire is talking so listen.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 am

Dysk wrote:Graaf has written everything you need to know about the European situation over on WS already over the last few weeks.

I hope I did. I tried to explane as much as I could about Europe and this matter, because it can help people to form there opinion. And there are arguments against article13, o yes there are. Absolute. This for instance:

https://twitter.com/dimi_z/status/1106796780337971202
Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:Ungarn, Polen und Rumänien drücken wir fast-authoritären Regierungen Instrumente in die Hand.

This is for instance a right concern of Dimitar Dimitrov. The democratic level in this country's is indeed often very weak. But use the right arguments, discuss them, altough this a political and not a Wikipedia problem is.
Don't try to get what you want with astroturfing, lies and trolling in a very undemocratic way like Romaine&friends did. Supported by WMF and the Dutch chapter. There it is about, and please if you or Poet see something what is incorrect say it to me. Or if anyone has a question, don't hesitate to ask me here or on WO at the other side of the wall. I will give you here a answer on sucks.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Graaf, you might consider using hypothes.is to comment on Dysklyver's posts elsewere. It is actually better in many ways than posting to the forum. See my annotations, the ones Dysklyver kindly pointed to. https://via.hypothes.is/https://wikiped ... ions:query:

It was much easier to write that than to respond like that would have been on WPO. If I am correct, anyone can annotate as well, but the annotations are independent from the site management. They cannot be censored like that.

This was designed to allow annotation of the Web, initially for academic usage.

A hypothes.is account is free. I use a Chrome extension, so I am two-clicks into annotation. I can go back and edit my annotations at any time.

And if people complain that I write too much, eff em! Nobody forces them to read it. Yet that was the complaint about me on WPO, Others take up the same screen space with "Eff yes!" or worse, responding to a long post, quoting the entire post with "tl;dr" added at the end, as if anyone cares that they did not read it! 7 billion people did not read it.

Occasionally I suggested to readers that if something I wrote was too long, to ask for an executive summary. I always provide those on request. But most of the people who complain about length will be even unhappier when I take the time to summarize.

Yes, Dysklyver is special. There are several other Rats who have a head on their shoulders, but he may be the only tech like that. He has effectively banned Oliver Smith from RatWiki, being the first I have seen do anything like that, in spite of massive long-term abusive socking. He is also aware of how entrenched Darryl is. I [del]don't[/del] expect miracles. [I just don't expect specific miracles. That would be a lovely oxymoron.]

For a long time I assumed that the Smiths had merely hoodwinked that community. Increasingly, I have seen evidence that there are highly placed Rats who know what is going on, both on RatWiki and WP, and who don't just tolerate it, they actively protect it and there are claims of paid editing.

(I think there is nothing wrong with supporting authors and editors, but they whacked a user on Wikiversity for accepting a few hundred dollars with GoFundMe for years of work on a parapsychology resource, that was of obvious value to some who want to research the topic -- whether "believers" or skeptical or neutral. The problem is when COI is not disclosed and editorial control is corrupted. And that can be traced back to the anonymous editing experiment. They forgot it was an experiment, it became a "law of nature," just How Things Are!)

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Many time I am thinking to myself am I not just a handicraftsman who is lost in a total strange world what is not his? Just like Alice in wonderland? And wake I just up like she did and it all appeared to be dream? Some paranormal effect? A wiki-Poltergeist maybe?

Dear Abd, after three years primary school in fife years it was complete clear for me I am not the type for a academic carrier. What you see on the picture was my life the last 35 years and still. is. Beside this I am a excellent car mechaniser, am I also a dammed good plasterer. The first thing I always look for when I enter a house is the plaster. But no, most times it is just shit. Just like in my opinion 95% of the garages are prutsers.
BUT
Does that mean my van is inside white of the plaster? No. Did I ever thought of starting a garage or fixing cars for a other? No. Did I ever wrote anything else of any value other than a shopping list before I was about 55 years old and entered the wiki house? No. Did I ever wrote English before in my life? And again no.

But why an I telling this? Because intellectual things are as far out if my field of interest as having a garage or a Plaster firm. And that is why the world is unfair. Those wiki guys should give there life for my writing skills, and I don't even give a fucking damm about it. A swear you, if Wikipedia had been a normal internet surrounding I had helped to write the article of my academic father, (who was basely the same as I) and had said thank you very much to the wikipedia lady's and gentleman and had left the wiki house for the given reasons.

BUT wikipedia was not a normal internet surrounding and now I am waiting till I wake up just like Alice in wonderland did. And I think that is the best explanation of my appearance here, there is not something logical why I am here, I have no idea what I am doing here and for me they all can fuck themself with there crazy trollopedia. After that terrible shooting yesterday in Utrecht was the first what crossed my mind what should be the Wikipedia username of that guy, and I think that makes a lot clear so not all.

My reality the last 35 years:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Dysk wrote:99% bots importing stuff from existing databases. :lol:

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 19#p235843

96/9/EG, sui generis database right. :mrgreen:

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Naturally the WMF says that they can ignore database rights by virtue of being in the US. :ugeek:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Rather obviously, much of what bots are now importing to Wikidata, was itself imported by bots to Wikipedia. A lot of the rest on the giant junk pile, is just data pretending to be an encyclopedia article.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm

(Hold om Martin, Alice in Wonderland waked at the end up too. This must be some paranormal experience of the Dutch gender lady Madam Lidewij Blavatsky. This is a comic of the Beagle Boys with Jimmy McDuck who is filling his knowledge warehouse, this can't be real. I lost track on the reality I think.)

Ahum. But Arthur, a giant junk pile seems to me the only right conclusion of Crow, both in legal way as about quality.
But let me see if I get it right. They take protected material by copyright and other laws, take a few kids die niet als een ander zijn and let them collect that material under a CC0 license, a fantasy licence without any international status, and then you have left te copyright. And them you start botmatic to create articles with that material under American law in Europe where no far use is. And afterwards you take that bunch of idiots to the zoo with the chapter. Briljant Genius! Bravo!

But Is it OK if I work on with my model train so I can show you a little video? And just drink my coffee after I have vote today?
What I have voted? Well, the Pirate Party was not on the list. And we had both to vote for the province and Het Waterschap. So I was thinking what to vote now that Party Party was not on the list, I must find a other party. I chose 50+, seems me OK. Pensions and toilets in all trains is a action point of them. I thought Madam gender will be deleted. So a solide, gender friendly vote.

But that Waterschap was a hard one, again no Pirate Party to vote. Het Waterschap is about the dyks and the polder and water. But I had a brilliant idea while I was waiting in the line with old people with walking frames, because young people don't vote anymore I suppose. I was one of the youngest.
Jezus walked on the water, so I vote the CDA, christen democratics! Because that guys have years and years experience with water. Two good arguments isn't it?

Let those complete idiots all fuck themself and please not each other because. Imagine there will be wiki-baby's born who are just as nuts as they are. A desaster for the next generation.