It was again a fucking chaos

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

It was again a fucking chaos

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:27 am

Holland change every year in a kind of war zone. It is a strange tradition what you would not expect in a well well organised country, and it makes me every year angry.

Fireworks, a huge air pollution, two people dead, wounded people, fires, vandalism seems the way for the Duch to welcome the new year. It makes me deeply ashamed, a normale quiet country what change in a kind of Syria once a year.
Anyway, the beach fire in Scheveningen even reached ABC News Now, but that was because of the wind. Now it seems quiet, they all have a tremendous hang over.
De Graaf too? No, De graaf has drunk all the evening two small glasses Champagne.

Still strange Wikimedia EdodeRoo wrote me a mail I should be a drunk man, (Je dronken gelal). I think he was looking in the mirror when he wrote his crazy email.
Wikimedia ORTS Edo, a high respect guest again on the Wikimedia new years party. Hope he doesn't drink to much there what seems to be normal on there meetings, we hadden stevig aan het bier gezeten met zijn allen. Yes, I have still that mails, Edo, you don't have to denier.

Am I still extreem angry with them? The answer is yes, still I am after all these years, not even one word of of excuses and partying on on the expenses of the donors, now again with a party in the zoo. They should be deeply ashamed, special after the tremendous Brussels fiasco and there behaving to me. I was simple right all the time and they where wrong and what do they do? Installing a new orchestra on the Titanic after it has hit a iceberg. Here we go, on our way to the next iceberg. Happy new year! Fuck you all, bunch of total idiots!

Here is the life blog of what happend tonight.

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-jaarwisseling ... ~afa706a8/

Twitter "Scheveningen" (Nice word to pronounce)
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: It was again a fucking chaos

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm

So my new year was great, everyone let off tons of fireworks without anyone firing a cannon, and all houses nearby remained intact. :D

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Something like this? With a old slurry tank?

They are this year forbidden. But it still happens, here with a dramatic end...

https://www.omroepflevoland.nl/nieuws/1 ... t-giertank

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Come now Dysk, don't mislead our Dutch friend. We Brits exercise all our warlike rage with fireworks in our November 5th festivities, as we celebrate burning the treacherous Catholics, leaving the fireworks of New Year's Eve just as a pretty backdrop to getting absolutely steaming drunk.

I am surprised the green lobby hasn't latched onto the massive waste and pollution of firework festivities. Maybe if we made the fireworks out of plastic? They care about turtles. Frightened pets and traumatised children, not so much. :?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:56 pm

O, for sure that's going to happen. Look for instance here. 800 microgram fine dust, and a lot of heavy metals. And don't worry about getting absolutely steaming drunk, for sure half Holland is still in bed with a hang over!

And all that good looking girls on that blog what are now paying in the sea, the water is about 6-7degrees celcius, 42 degrees fahrenheit............
Rater warm this year, normal it is 40 degrees.

Here is a video about the event in Scheveningen....

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:38 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Come now Dysk, don't mislead our Dutch friend. We Brits exercise all our warlike rage with fireworks in our November 5th festivities, as we celebrate burning the treacherous Catholics, leaving the fireworks of New Year's Eve just as a pretty backdrop to getting absolutely steaming drunk.

I am surprised the green lobby hasn't latched onto the massive waste and pollution of firework festivities. Maybe if we made the fireworks out of plastic? They care about turtles. Frightened pets and traumatised children, not so much. :?

The neighbors had leftover fireworks from somewhere, probably end of stock at Tesco or something. But nowhere near as many as Catholic burning day.

And some of the cheap rockets do leave little plastic cylinders lying everywhere, so I agree the green lobby should be onto them big time, but so far no sign of that.

The cannon used on a previous occasion was a real genuine one, rather like this one:

Loaded with the gunpowder contents of a several large rockets, with smaller rockets stuffed in it. And detonated, with no safety precautions, by drunk students. :|

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm

You wouldn't think there were any leftover fireworks from November 5 in this here island. Until you realise how many we buy. We're mad for it. Wikipedia, of course, has for years been lying to readers, claiming we no longer care about Nov 5th, we are now far more interested in US style Halloween crap (our own Halloween having also featured burning shit), and if we do celebrate Nov 5th anymore, it is part of nice safe organised events. It's obvious garbage, as anyone living here would know. Just one of the many things Wikipedia has gifted to the world of knowledge, via Eric Corbett and his toxic crew. But he's a Wikipedia critic now, so everthing is forgiven. :lol:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Of course!

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
gunpowder treason and plot,
I know of no reason why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot."

it recalls me. My mother often quoted this little rhyme when I was kid on the fifth of November.
And Eric Corbett is just that kind of older man I hate, there are several on WPNL too. We call them betweters, they know everything better and I hope never to become one.
I am form the for ever young generation and I want to treasure the old hippy in me.

By the way, about that cannon, was you one of that drunk students, Arthur? And notice the difference, the English are firing a sophisticated cannon, and we, the Dutch a slurry tank........

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 pm

:?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:05 am

:mrgreen: