European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm

CrowsNest wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Rtc&oldid=847496042

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... _block_log

Bbb23 wrote:GDPR doesn't apply to Wikipedia.........Wikipedia is governed by American law. However, you're welcome to contact Legal to confirm that. There is no solution that will satisfy you. So drop it.--Bbb23 (talk) 18:09, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
Might this be the small stone that turns into the giant avalanche that see Wikipedia being blocked in the EU? If not, it certainly looks like it will be something this arrogant bullying ass says or does as he roams around Wikipedia pretending to be a lawyer. Seriously, how hard is it for them to simply refer people politely to WMF Legal, without making any other comment at all? Why have they got to pretend like they have any role to play in assessing such things at all?

Volunteer Administrators of Wikipedia, repeat after me - you do not speak for the WMF on any matter, least of all the rights of EU citizens to control their personal data (or define said data as outside the scope of the GDPR). And even if you did, it obviously wouldn't be as some anonymous prick only known as "Bbb23@internet".

What else is there to say about so much stupidity. Briljant idea to consult Legal, because there are the professionals. Like for instance Jan Gerlach, and for sure many other amazing wiki lawyers!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:51 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Bbb23 wrote:GDPR doesn't apply to Wikipedia.........Wikipedia is governed by American law. However, you're welcome to contact Legal to confirm that. There is no solution that will satisfy you. So drop it.--Bbb23 (talk) 18:09, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

RRRRRR, fuck that guy. Fuck him. Arrrgh.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:18 pm

People really don't get the point about GDPR yet. However I am aware that the WMF are aware that GDPR does fundamentally apply to them, they just don't feel the need to do anything about it so far.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm

They're clearly something as a direct result of it, they're just seemingly trying to obscure the fact they are changing their practices as a result of a foreign law.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

In my opinion WMF is now paying the price for there laziness. Because it was tempting to listen to Gerlach, Dimi, Alexander, Romaine and the other puddingheads because the money kloste tegen de plinten. (is slamming against the skirting boards.) Geen gezeik, iedereen rijk. No pissing, everybody rich to use a few Dutch idioms.

And now it is beyond repair, nobody in this world can fix Wikipedia anymore. See the Titanic sailing, hear the orchestra playing, fuckcheckerssss!!!! Fuck newsssss! Here we come. And watch te inevitable crash with the iceberg...........
We are just waiting here for doom day like the pelgrims of the Decameron. Talking a bit, passing the time. I real must post a update about my model train, it is getting great now.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 am

Jimbotalk archive is now up to 233 pages. (I should note that these "archives" are FAR from complete. Large chunks of text disappear routinely.)

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 am

Jimbotalk, here is a other Dutch idiom. redeneren als een kip zonder kop. Reasoning like a chicken without a head.

Me: Mister Jimbo, something is very, very wrong on WPnl and in the Dutch chapter I have noticed.

Boing!: You are blocked! Professor Natuur12/Drmies: A Global Lock! James Alexander: A SanFanBan! Delete it! Let they never, never in there whole life say they where not warned by me! All! Never! And Jimmy too!