Kupdung

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Kupdung

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 pm

He may be an asshole who is unfit to be an Administrator, but he's OUR asshole [who we can't stop being an Administrator if he wants to be one]......

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bureaucrats%27_noticeboard&oldid=865835060#Resysop_request_(Kudpung)

Your behaviour before handing in the bit was shocking and inappropriate. I hope you have taken some time to reflect on your approach and will avoid such actions in the future. -- Ajraddatz (talk) 05:04, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
Your comments, both at WP:BN and earlier are inappropriate. You had never taken the opportunity to review the full circumstances. If you were not a steward I would template you for WP:PA. Please remove your comment. Thanks. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 06:23, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
Since Kudpung left me a message on my talk page accusing me of making personal attacks at him, I'll clarify my comment. I'm concerned with three things: how he responded to a simple and non-confrontational request from GorillaWarfare, how he then created drama by withdrawing support from an unrelated wikiproject and left messages on multiple talk pages about it, and most of all, how he refuses to recognize that his actions were inappropriate and apologize for them.

I don't see any policy-based reason to block his resysop, nor do I believe in removing people because they made a mistake (or a continuing series of mistakes in this case). But if it is appropriate to welcome people back on this venue, then it should also be appropriate to flag serious concerns. -- Ajraddatz (talk) 15:05, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
To paraphrase my comments at a similar resysop request from July, we usually don't desysop (or refuse to resysop) admins for being an asshole even though it would tend to be a reason to fail RfA. Or, to phrase that much more diplomatically, conduct that would sink an RfA (like not getting along well with others) does not necessarily mean a desysop could or would happen. Whether that's good or bad, it appears to have been the status quo pretty much since day one... Maxim(talk) 14:56, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
Since someone requested my comment, I don't actually have any issues with Kudpung being resysopped. I agree with those who have described his behavior shortly before resigning the tools using terms like "shocking and inappropriate", but I also don't think that he would've been desysopped for it and I don't think his resignation (although weirdly roundabout, as Salvidrim has pointed out) was under a cloud. I just hope he won't repeat the behavior, although I'm also not terribly heartened by his comment on Ajraddatz's talk page. GorillaWarfare (talk) 18:16, 25 October 2018 (UTC)

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm

GorillaWarfare wrote: [...] I am also not terribly heartened by [...]

This turn of phrase shows up way too frequently on en.wp. not heartened by convincingly loses its google n-gram battle to disheartened by.

Surprisingly, it even loses to clueful.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:23 pm

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:14 pm

I've been inadvertently mispelling this douchebag's name as Kupdung for years.

Can't think why..... :lol:

Turns out his name is Kudpung. Which is still a shit name, still evoking the smell of animal waste products in the area.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:27 pm

CrowsNest wrote:I've been inadvertently mispelling this douchebag's name as Kupdung for years.

Can't think why..... :lol:

Turns out his name is Kudpung. Which is still a shit name, still evoking the smell of animal waste products in the area.

Never mind, give his username a Dutch twist, make it Kutpung. :mrgreen:

(Everybody may find himself out what kut is in Dutch.)

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Jim wrote:The whole point of Mr. Methuselah mentioning Ms. Warfare in the way that he does there is to connect her name with this-here 'hate-site' to a large audience in the hope that as many people as possible will be horrified to discover that she associates with our gang of 'trolls' and 'haters' - because after all, that's what the Signpost is to him - a way to get in his digs and jabs at his 'enemies' under the umbrella of 'open journalism' - he seethes for ever after any dispute, so there's no way he's forgotten their recent contretemps, or buried any hatchets. He really is an odious little oik, and poisonous too - the only saving grace is that he's so totally inept at it all and provides so much comic relief as he blusters ineffectually along...

Jim is of course right, Kutpung is shining his nice shiny gaslicht over sweet Molly there. Open sewer journalism is a better term.

I tried to warn sweet Molly, don't swim in the Wiki sewer, because you get dirty. Stay with your saving of cats in Boston. They need you help much more than the rats in the wiki sewer. But Jakeass just deleted my posing as usual. Jake is a gaslighter too, you know.
I hope she will listen to me now.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Molly can handle Kudpung. Jim cannot handle me. The very idea he objects to people hiding behind one platform to attack someone on another, is laughable. He is using Wikipediocracy to attack Kudpung, just as Kudpung used the SignPost to attack Molly. The next time you see someone malign Molly on Wikipediocracy, check to see if Jim objects. I would like the chance to question Molly and Jim on Wikipediocracy. I have done so in the past, with impeccable politeness. I am denied my right to question these people, for reasons they still don't really want to explain. Maybe Jim would like to comment on that threat to the principles of open journsalism. Or maybe he is just full of shit.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm

The only things what are open there is the sewer and five seconds the back door of WMF to kick Alexander out. And for the rest it is one big black box.
And for the rest, in the wiki world is your friend your least bad enemy. There is not one big cabal, there are all kind of fractions who hate each other. And your target is the one you hate the most at that moment, and the rest are your friends. It is often a kind of kaleidoscope, someone tuns, and everything is different.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:46 pm

A chilling message to the community from one of the SignPost's "Co-Editors-in-Chief".
Readers' comments are often contentious, often blatant personal attacks at The Signpost editors, and often little more than trolling. It's a shame, because in general, comments from most of the serious Wikipedia editors are objective, but the time will come when the comments page will be deprecated and comments will have to be submitted by email to be selected by the editorial board as they would be for any other newspaper. The problem is that many people refuse to recognise The Signnpost as a newspaper and make the same demands as they would for a Wikipedia article which of course it is not. Other options are to cease production completely - which will happen if the tiny number of regular contributors dries up, or to move the magazine to its own server. In any case, far too many readers' comments are not conducive to encouraginng further contributions. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:59, 1 February 2019 (UTC)

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:41 am

This being after people noticed he posted links and a detailed report about a something on a website he said he would never visit. :roll: