Ian.thompson

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Ian.thompson

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:44 am

Deserves a spot on the wall just for this.....
MPants, as you've pointed out to some other users, "subtle" stuff flies under the radar -- you're right. I know exactly which users are gonna try to take the following statement out of context to argue I should be desysoped, banned, tarred, feathered, drawn, quartered, and investigated for smuggling children into a non-existent basement in a DC pizza parlor but whenever bigots, cranks, trolls, and other folks who simply don't belong here make me feel like ignoring WP:CIVIL, I try to stay subtle (but not civil) by:

-talking about a hypothetical third person who just happens to strongly resemble the problem user, so I can say I'm just commenting on behavior and not the user

-keeping individual words daytime TV friendly even if the gist of my message is "Nazis can fuck off on rusty cheese graters"

This is why a certain troll website describes me as "habitually disruptive, deceptive, flame-baiting" but there's been no ANI threads in a long while about my civility (that weren't almost immediately boomeranged at any rate). This is also one of the few times where I'm having to stop and think "will I get in trouble for posting this?" Ian.thomson (talk) 16:06, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
That's a Wikipedia Administrator casting all those who think he is rude, as members of the alt-right, and revealing how clever he thinks he is by exploiting Wikipedia's super sekrit governance loopholes, known only to those who stick around for long enough to know how things really work.

Specifically, the loopholes which allow established editors to make personal attacks if they pretend like they're comments on behaviour, and pretend like they're being civil if they simply don't use naughty words. Both loopholes only exist because to enforce what policy actually says (that all these things are unacceptable), you need Administrators prepared to enforce it.

And then he cries about the fact people on critic sites think he is a cunt? He should be glad that the level of Wikipedia corruption and hypocrisy, of which him even being considered for promotion to, let alone managing to become, an Administrator, is a classic example, is such that these concerns are only able to be registered outside of Wikipedia.

Although it's rather cute, given the substance of his comment, that he seems to take comfort in this idea that the number of on-wiki complaints about your civility is an accurate reflection of just how much of a cunt you really are.

People like this never learn the true reality of their situation. Too stupid by half.

HTD.