The SignPost

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

The SignPost

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 am

The Wikipedia community newsletter now officially needs a new Editor-In-Chief, after the acting one Bri decided to quit in the wake of the transphobia controversy.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 8600#p8600

The other acting? "Co-" EiC Kudpung having of course already thrown Bri under the bus for it, having clarified in the process he had actually resigned ages ago, the staff list just hadn't been updated.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... 8531#p8531

In the wake of the controversy, with both of these clowns gone, we will either see the death of the SignPost (an outcome predicted many times by now), or a return to less controversial times, where they get back to being a simple newsletter, not a deliberately provocative platform trying to compete with, and in many ways beating, Wikipediocracy, in the self-harm game.

As such, I've started this new thread, for a potentially new era.

Let a line be drawn under the previous brief period of utterly inflammatory chaos, and the healing being.

:lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The SignPost

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Smallbones seems to want the role of EiC, and with nobody else wanting it, it seems like he may get it.

On the transphobia controversy....
There will be a full, unambiguous, unqualified apology to all who were offended.
We'll see.

Kudpung seems to think this will mean Smallbones has to spend less time in his other Wikipedia activities. Well, for one, the downside to that is what, exactly? And for two, since he's not a bitter old fuck, it seems he will find the time somehow, for the cause.

I for one certainly have a morbid interest in what he might do with the platform.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 am

The dawn of a new era.....
Smallbones, with the support of our EiC emeritus, is the consensus pick as EiC of The Signpost replacing Bri. I thank all of the editors involved in the discussion for their input. Chris Troutman (talk) 23:39, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
:ugeek:

Established editorial priorities for Volume 1:

A. An apology for all the transphobia

B. Special Report on the effects of discrimination against transgender people

C. The German blackout

D. Correction of the HuffPost piece exposing a disclosed paid editor

I am excited. :twisted:

Well, maybe for only half the issue. Then other half just sounds like standard Smallbones.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... he_editors
We do not believe that any Signpost editor or contributor intended to attack the transgender community.
:roll:

Not persuasive, given the implausibility of any other motive. I would genuinely love to see the argument that this shameful essay was somehow trying to achieve something else, something other than to dehumanise, denigrate and ostracize the intended targets (a specific subset of trans people with specific views about their identity and how Wikipedia should reflect it). He admitted himself, he had tried to educate them through a sober argument, it evidently wasn't having the effect Stanton wanted. So if he couldn't change their minds, then he could certainly make them feel unwelcome, and much worse besides.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Well, he did it....
We do not believe that any Signpost editor or contributor intended to attack the transgender community, but we also do not believe that our readers were wrong to complain about the column.
......he got that fence wedged right up his ass-crack.

Kudos for allowing this in the SignPost though.....
Breitbart News – which is not considered to be a reliable source on Wikipedia – repeated much of Feinberg's story and added some Wikipedia-bashing. A follow-up, which was written by banned editor The Devil's Advocate, adds some interesting details and takes a run at another declared paid editor, WWB. Breitbart links are not allowed on Wikipedia, but Donald Trump, Jr. has thoughtfully provided a link on Twitter.
Last we forget, the short and ridiculous reign of Kudpung was a mere blip in The Signpost's recent history of being far more willing to air a more diverse range of critical voices of Wikipedia than the so called critic site Wikipediocracy, whose stock in trade is a pretty mainstream bunch of Wikipedia asshats whose general cowardice and laziness is evidenced by the fact they spend more time whining on Wikipediocracy than they ever have writing for The Signpost, even though all are privileged enough to still have that right.

How ironic that The Devil's Advocate gets a Breitbart piece on how easily Wikipedia is manipulated by even disclosed paid editors, mentioned in Wikipedia's own newsletter, at the same time as Wikipediocracy admits it didn't like the optics of allowing a banned Wikipedia editor write a blog for them on an equally touchy subject, so they no platformed the fucker.

C'est la vie. None of this is news, you just have to read this forum to know why Wikipediocracy does what it does. Such are the benefits of being truly independent. It takes more than just not sharing the same server. As The Signpost is showing, that is almost immaterial - Kudpung wanted to separate it from the WMF so he could lead an even more sheltered existence, shielded even from critics within the cult, never mind without. One could say that is why most of those who post on Wikipediocracy, post on Wikipediocracy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 pm

The people working on the SignPost now certainly do seem to be a happy bunch of elves, I'll say that much for them.

It must be really doing Kudpung's nut in. :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:52 am

So, Fram might have just killed the SignPost then? His knack for sowing division and destruction and making everything be about him, even from beyond the grave, is impressive. Not remotely the traits you'd want in an WP:ADMINISTRATOR, but I'm sure someone in the community will get around to realising that......not.

Since Smallbones is claiming credit for being so good at journalism he managed to get Rob13 and Montanabw to talk about how they feel, maybe not such a great loss?

Their pieces on FRAMBAN were poor imho. I went so far as to label it fake news.

It's a shame however, SignPost would have been the perfect vehicle for exposing ArbCom's role in turning a potentially small drama into a full on house fire. And now, by a complete coincidence, ArbCom wants to investigate their Editor in Chief. Fancy that!

If the Wikipedia community really are an autonomous sovereign self-governing people, then wouldn't they be pretty annoyed at this rather obvious attempt by the government to shut down the free press?

Who are the Wikipedians calling for this shutdown?

Sitush
SchroCat
WBG
Mendaliv
Wehwalt
Black Kite
The Rambling Man
Dweller
SerialNumber54129
starship.paint
Beetstra
PamD
Nableezy

I mean, I know the Wikipedians are slow, but to my trained eye, this list doesn't contain one person who has ever really believed in the community as an entity, a living organism, a fragile ecosystem built for just one purpose. They're just some of its biggest gang leaders, factional fighters, most toxic citizens, and wannabe corner boys.

Future special reports on harassment would be highly likely to feature some of these scuzzballs, most can regularly be seen tag teaming to insult their fellow editors over some turf war or respekt bullshit or other.

The only surprise is they are all lining up to help en.wiki's most powerful gang, the mighty ArbCom. But hey, enemy of my enemy and all that. Classic gang logic. It is not unlike those film plots where street gangs get together to use the forces of the state to squish those whose civic duty compels them to monitor gang activity. Probably never happens in real life, but the nastiest Wikipedians don't live in the real world. Too scared to, ironically.

These fuckers in particular....

MrErnie
Capeo
Coffee Crumbs
Mr rnddude

......as well as a few prominent people in the above list, they're all actively posting on the harassment site Wikipediocracy....whose management absolutely hate the SignPost because its been producing far better investigations of what's wrong in the movement from inside the tent than that so called independent critic site.

As seen by its emissaries turning up in this matter to spout the shit the are, Wikipediocracy is just a platform for disaffected Wikipedians, the ones most unhappy at the cultural changes sweeping through the site, such as stop being toxic assholes and stop being dicks to women and start writing an actual encyclopedia people want.

Kill the SignPost, you cut off one more way the community can be seduced into being better people, leaving the people who want everything to stay the same or even be rolled back to their Traditionalist version of Wikipedia as the only independent voices.

This case has the potential to become quite the witch hunt if accepted, per this astute observation......
In a way, this is almost like the original Fram ban case you have never heard -- but instead of finding out whether Fram harrassed people, you may need to find out whether saying "Fram harrassed people" is a true statement or a nasty personal attack
Not hard to see the WikiJustices demanding to know the identify of Smallbone's anonymous source, so he can be suitably sanctioned for what will inevitably be found by ArbCom to have been a nasty personal attack (because of course the Committee's private conversations that would prove it is more likely to be a true statement and therefore not a PA at all, are sealed records, not available for review by the citizenry or their independent journalists, because national security, or Daddy told me I can't share, or just plain we don't want to).

Wehwalt's reasoning is hilarious....
If we're to pretend to be a self-governing community on turf owned by the WMF, to avoid any potential of liability to our host, we should pull such things until and unless given clearance by WMF Legal.
Dweller too.....
Heading into full-fledged personal investigation, with its natural reliasance on claims and counter-claims 'for balance' is incompatible with BLP, but never mind that, and here I address you, Signpost stakeholders, not Arbcom, it's incompatible with the sense of community the Signpost should be trying to build. Totally inappropriate
Beetstra made me spit out my coffee at its level of astoundingly brash bullshittery......
This is until now the most obvious on-wiki case of harassment I have seen.
I will repeat, because this is important. ArbCom above another any other user, absolutely have a dog in this fight. Their conflict of interest is screamingly obvious. Next month's special report, assuming the printing press hasn't been seized by the government, could/should be a piece that analyses the following curious set of precedent, and how they relate to policy as precedent and the community reaction to FRAMBAN.....

* SignPost publishing an anonymous email about a pseudonymous editor - definitely probably harassment, totally worth a three month investigation, indeed, a case ArbCom absolutely has to take because the Foundation wants them to.

* Fram/toxic community vs. LH - not harassment (has ArbCom even publicly said anything about this aspect of the reaction to FRAMBAN?)

* Fram/Black Kite/toxic community vs. MS, JS, KM - not harassment (indeed, perhaps even legitimate investigation and natural justice, if not just plain self-defence/free speech?)

* Giano/Bishonen vs. Jimmy - not harassment (or maybe even outside their jurisdiction?)

* Or to put it another way......
It would be a real shame if the only thing Arbcom does in this whole affair is to sanction people who have tried to work out whether Fram was actually harrassing anyone. That would, in the circumstances, be pretty much the ultimate irony. The Land (talk) 19:52, 1 July 2019 (UTC)

I would find it highly ironic, ArbCom, if you accept this case as one concerning harassment against Fram and ignore any consideration of charges of harassment BY Fram. That would be highly hypocritical. Liz Read! Talk! 00:56, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Open your eyes, you dumb autonomous bastards. Only some of you even get it. Not enough, per the rules of the game. You are being PLAYED for fools by your so called representatives, who have jumped right into bed with your biggest criminals to shut down a common threat to their way of life. This is literally the only part of the FRAMBAN controversy still attracting any attention, so you've got no excuse for not having read it and understood what is really happening.

Predictably, Arb. Opabina Regalia has an entirely different take on how she can satisfy the gang leaders. A case would just be too much time and effort, could potentially lead to yet more examples of how the community and their ArbCom have stood idly and indeed actively refused to investigate harassment complaints, such as in that incident sparked by the transphobic writings of Stanton McCandlish (and did all these fuckers not line up on the other side of the aisle over that issue of freedom the wikipress?).

Opabina has a better idea. In her capacity as a powerful member of the Wikipedia self-government slash judiciary, she merely wants to politely suggest to the Editor-In-Chief that maybe he got his story wrong, maybe he misinterpreted the facts, and maybe if he just tweaked it so it was right, well, there'd be no reason for anybody to come down there to the offices of the SignPost and audit their operation for compliance with correct handling of information obtained from anonymous sources. A direct attack on their editorial independence.

This is how you really abuse your community accrued power, Wikipedians, if you honestly can't see it. What she does in the marbled balls of ArbCom, Queen Bishonen (many of her gang listed above) does out there in the jungle. Smart power. Still entirely corrupt and self-serving, but way more effective than some of the histrionics of the penis people. They don't even have the excuse that money is changing hands, or anyone is gaining anything tangible. It is done purely for the satisfaction of knowing it can be done.

The hilarious outcome here, if it goes the way it probably will, is that when it comes to trusting people when they tell you what is wrong with the project based on private information, you won't trust the Foundation despite them being bound by any number of laws and codes of conduct, you won't trust the chief of your independent newsletter whose real identity is known (so can be sued by Fram along with the WMF, if he honestly gave a shit), but you will trust a partly pseudonymous ArbCom that finds common cause with a pseudonymous Administrator it has previously admonished for misconduct, that have both previously lied to you (that Administrator being Black Kite, who in addition to that misconduct has also lied to the community about a returning banned user and faced no action from ArbCom for it, and this ArbCom over what they new when, in FRAMBAN).

The community will likely never be told, in a clear and transparent form, the who/why/where/when of ArbCom's role in turning what was potentially a small drama into a wild fire. But for damn sure that is even less likely if the SignPost feels ArbCom's boot on its neck.

For shame. The one thing that happens in this whole affair that would truly merit a mass strike and fundamental policy change to finally draw clear lines of jurisdiction, and you fuckers are asleep on the job. All tuckered out from endlessly screaming into the void, I guess.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeh, Beetstra is a piece of Dutch pride i hadn't noticed and discovered before.

This is until now the most obvious on-wiki case of harassment I have seen.

Jezus Christ, Beetstra, have a look at your one fucking troll bots. Why do you think Jan Eißfeldt was speaking of inhumanity? And on-line harresment because Fram is kicked out by WMF?
Just fuck yourself Beetstra. Your are just a piece of floating around shit in the wiki sewers.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 am

I wondered if there was any intelligence here in the batcave on how folks like Gamaliel & Kudpung & Smallbones ended up running the trypto-floundering ''Signpost''. Is Mr. Troutman responsible as his name might suggest? Most perplexing.

All I know is that lately I've got the current EiC showing off his boney birdy birdliness when mentioning WPO.

WS seems not to have covered these articles either, unless I'm mistaken (which is certainly possible).

Still, this very thread was curiously the most recent mention of "turf war", even before I added another token.

Who's the Mayor of Gotham these days, anyway?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am

Everyone wants to pull away only the part under the carpet what him fits, sashi. And the rest of messy thing of the noble Trolling&Sucking department must stay there safe in the dark, with as lighted example our neighbours Wikipediocrazy in general, Doctor Proabivouac, Midsize Jake, mendaliv, and my new forum friend Vigilant. You are complete nuts and Trolling&Sucking did a exelent job to ban you, but with Fram the where complete corrupt and incompetent. Yes, that was what he was claiming for weeks. And after that we got for weeks a madam Hale smoke curtain.

It seems to me about time the real press shine there light of scrutiny into the dark crevices of Wikipedia and its related projects; and examine the corruption there, along with its structural flaws. Because they all have boter op hun hoofd. Yeh, butter on there head as we say in Holland.
They are not innocent either, they are all guest themself in Hotel California in wikiland next to Panduin, and trying to save there own ass by running around to find the place they where before hopping around and screaming on Wikipedia drama boards like overcaffeinated and stoned monkey's.