RexxS for Adminship

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

RexxS for Adminship

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Still have doubts that Bishonen is all powerful? Well, she just used her joke sock-puppet to nominate her chief lackey for Adminship. The nomination statement is pure crap. Understandably then, some were thinking this is just an April Fool's joke. And yet still they treated it as if it were serious. RexxS is pleased, because he gets a free run at RfA, with a face-saving excuse if he crashes and burns.
Disclosure: this was to fulfil a promise I made to Redrose64 at the Oxford wiki-meetup in January. My argument was that adminship shouldn't be treated as a big deal, and that the key issue was whether the community trusts a user or not. So I agreed to test that premise on April Fool's Day, on the grounds that if it completely bombed I could always tell myself it was "just a joke". Now that the cat's out of the bag, I won't be able to salve my battered feelings when I get 50 opposes on the grounds of "no need for the tools". --RexxS (talk) 17:33, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
But in terms of the questions etc, he is taking it seriously, and so is everyone else. Only Bishonen has gotten away with literally treating this as a joke. As is her Royal Prerogative. She didn't piss all over the foundational beliefs of Jimmy Wales for nothing. She has to get her just rewards for staging that coup, and this is one of them. Play Time.

There is literally nothing this bitch cannot do. Trump shooting someone in broad daylight is small potatoes to this arrogant untouchable. It isn't that long ago someone like RexxS would indeed have crashed and burned. But such is the state of the Wikipedia community, so rotten to its core, that this last year it has been more normal to see candidates with severe personality defects and other massively disqualifying traits being waved through, than qualified candidates. No doubt she is well aware of the Stench of Denmark, and so she anointed her sweet prince.

It says a lot as how subservient RexxS is to his Mistress that he has clearly not thought about how terrible it would be for him if he does pass, and this joke of a nomination statements stands for all time as a record of his credentials that were presented to the community. I cannot be the only person who, on a first encounter with an unknown Admin, reads their RfA. Can't be too careful, Ritchie spawned quite a few baby-morons, and their genetic dispositions aren't immediately obvious. If she has ever even bothered to nominate anyone else, wise editors would always want to now if they were dealing with a Hand of the Queen. Imagine how little self respect he must have to have not even floated the suggestion she not treat this as a joke.

With no hint of irony, literally none, RexxS is throwing his hat in the ring on the basis Adminship is no big deal. As many will have realised, when you have the protection of the Queen of Wikipedia, being an ordinary editor really is no big deal. You can disregard warnings, ignore policy, pretty much do what you want, as long of course, as you're not defying the Crown. For everyone else, suffering at the hands of psycopaths like Bishonen, they have collated a veritable book of reasons why Wikipedia should no longer hand out Adminship like candy. They're still failing to spot the predators and are all too willing to idolize scum, but the point is they are at least trying to be selective, fearing yet more beatings.

This is what really makes it sound like an April Fool.....
I know that I don't suffer fools gladly and I realise I can be acerbic at times. Looking forward, I accept that administrators have to be held to higher standards of behaviour, so I would be obliged to more passive in my responses if acting in any admin capacity. --RexxS (talk) 16:54, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
Anyone who thinks someone who has been a regular editor on Wikipedia for a decade without ever accepting the basic conduct requirements (which, because of people like Bishonen toxifying the whole place at will, are mere theoreticals at this stage, but still), really is a fool, and absolutely deserves in future to be subjected to an Admin sucker punch of RexxS blocking and Bishonen removing talk page protection and everyone else with the authority to stop them standing around with their thumbs up their asses because, what, you're gonna take The Queen to AN/I? As if. Not for nothing is that so often literally her idea of accountability, in practice. Easy to do, when everyone else literally has their thumbs up their asses, all desperately looking the other way.

Of course, things may not be all that they seem, and perhaps neither RexxS or his Master are playing around as much as it would seem here....
I'd like to help at Arbitration Enforcement, as I feel that area really needs more active admins.
There is of course one very highly active Administrator at AE, and despite all her power, eliminating him has so far eluded Bishonen. Partly because she's never been one to get her hands dirty in the really big battles, and this guy is not going anywhere unless someone of an equal rank draws their sword and invites him to a duel. Part of the benefits of being Queen, is you have plenty of loyal footsoldiers to stab your enemies in the back, front, sides and asshole, while they continue with the misconception their dispute was with her. I can see RexxS being dumb enough to let her bestow Adminship on him, as long as he does her this one small favour at AE.....just a tiny little thing.

A big part of that job will be the ability to claim no prior disputes exist between RexxS and the person Bishonen wants removed, and on a quick check, that seems to be the case. And as we all know, for the purposes of Wikipedia governance and assessing neutrality and bias of Administrators, nobody takes a blind bit of notice when there is copious amounts of evidence of a close working relationship, even if we generously assume all RexxS and Bishonen are, is internet friends. One would surmise it is a bit more than that, and you just know which one wears the strap-on and which one has the mouth gag.

I could probably enjoy watching these people be all they can be, if I didn't know a big part of what they get out of it, is the misery of others. Proper scum, make no mistake. The only games these people enjoy, are the ones where not everyone realises they are a player.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: RexxS for Adminship

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:47 pm

So fitting to see an example of RexxS not suffering fools involved something as trivial as emojis. If you know Bishonen's gloried history, her epic battle with the Founder, that truly is proof RexxS is her Apprentice.

Neither should be anywhere near any role which requires you to be able to put things into perspective and act dispassionately. But this is Wikipedia, it was all fucked before people even realised that sort of basic fucking common sense in choosing who gets to do what was going to be a necessary part of their endeavour.

As such, it does seem rather unfair to deny RexxS what came so easily to others no less fucked up than he is, if not worse (I am assuming his choice not to stand until now has partly been him sensibly realising he didn't need the aggravation). But to live in a world where the likes of Drmies and Ritchie are theoretically your superiors, considered more wise and trustworthy then you, then you'd understandably be pissed. Then again, seen from the outside, who is the little mug in that scenario? The fool, as it were.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Not hard to see where he gets the idea "I thought I told you...." is acceptable either.

HELLO. :!:

He sees his Queen be that arrogant to other editors all the fucking time.

To Bishonen, being an Administrator is all about the power. The power to be the one who tells you. It hardly matters whether what is being said is correct or justifiable, as has been seen many times as she colours waaay outside the lines of policy, taking Wikipedia Administration to ever greater heights of hypocrisy.

And so, as the Master does, so does the Apprentice. When RexxS tells someone, it also matters little what is being said, rather that as the person saying it, he was no doubt doing so with all the confidence that Bishonen would be right there behind him, if his opponent as much as thought about questioning his Authoritah.

The more you think about it, the stupider it seems that after a decade RexxS would ever unilaterally decide he really needs the extra hassle of being an Administrator himself, given he has no need to be actually pushing the buttons. It really does seem like he is being pushed into applying, solely for the tactical advantages that it will bring her Highness in battles to come.

He may even think it is his choice, Bishonen is nothing if not a master manipulator, a trait which will have seen her rise to the very top simply through the forces of Wikipedia natural selection. If she wasn't so selfish and lazy, she could have been an Arbitrator quite easily. Drmies was, after all, and he did virtually fuck all, except of course the thing he had decided he needed that power for. He's really does fit the role of her Consort perfectly.

What role that leaves RexxS at Court, we shall see. He may yet be slapped down hard, and he may yet be daft enough to think Bishonen would be upset for him. If she felt anything at all, it would be disappointment at her own misfortune. She'll have to take out this guy's trash for years. Like having a grown son still living at home. Very fitting. Silver linings, and all that.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm

:lol:
I've had the benefit of meeting RexxS several times in person and I can say for certain that he is one of the kindest and most generous people I've ever met on here.
Quite a few things need clearing up about this sentence before it even begins to look good for poor old RexxS. Is he implying he has has met nicer people in real life? Is he comparing RexxS only to other Wikipedians? Either any of them, or indeed just ones he has also met IRL?

I'm so confused.

zero percent chance of abusing or misusing the tools
Ah. No longer confused. It was hyperbole at best. At best.

Not only is there is a non-trivial chance he will abuse the tools because Bishonen pressures him to do so, there is an even greater risk he would gladly do so at her behest. You look at how they interact, especially around matters of blocking, and sometimes it is is positively incestuous. He gets the tools and somehow that all goes away? Come on. :roll:

Maybe framing this as a joke was deliberate, a way to nullify the terror that would have otherwise been a perfectly rational response.

It isn't like he even values them, or has worked hard to achieve this level of recognition. Easy come, easy go. "No Big Deal". Wikipedia has had Administrators literally fall on their swords just to save a friend. You think RexxS wouldn't do the same for Queen B? You be trippin.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:37 am

What one person has mentioned already, should frankly be ringing massive alarm bells for all. While it is normal for candidates to pur their best foot forward and make calm and considered contributions to their RfA, in RexxS's case, he is almost being too careful. To the point the person participating in this RfA is virtually unrecognizable as the same RexxS that can be seen at noticeboards etc.

Now, since we know RexxS isn't desperate for the tools, and has no long lasting ambition for them, and he has basically admitted he could forsee people opposing for lack of need, it raises the very real possibility that the only explanations left for him standing are either, this is really just a joke gone terribly bad (or good), that this really is just some lame attempt to prove that all RfA really needs to be about is trust, or the final scenario, that this is a serious run that has resulted from Bishonen needing him to become an admin, but with one or both realising playing it with a straight bat wasn't going to cut it.

It is quite the plan, if it was the latter - pretend it was a joke, to get people off guard, while also giving them nothing to scrutinize in an actual nomination statement. But then over-compensate for those failings by participating perfectly thereafter, the coaching clearly in evidence, even through you know fine well you are presenting a very false impression of how you are really going to be as an Administrator.

Here's what that makes the whole thing quite sad if not a little pathetic - if RexxS really is what supporters claim he is, then where's the respect? The self-respect, and the respect for the process. You admitted you were trying to give yourself an easy out if it bombed, and you've seen how many people are perturbed by the confusion over whether this was a serious run or not. Now it is clear it is not going to bomb and people really do want to take it seriously and support properly, then just withdraw, tell Bishonen thanks but no thanks, and either write a proper self-nomination, or find someone to write a proper nomination.

Of all the things wrong with doing it this way, it has included the bizarre sight of someone supporting with more of the same lake joke crap seen in the nomination, only to move to neutral when someone who was actually paying atention, pointed out their assurances of the candidate's suitability looked as lame as the rest of his statements.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am

8-)
How many times does he need to say this is not a joke? Natureium (talk) 03:08, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
(after something like the fifth person has asked, is this a joke?)

Here's a tip for these mentally challenged fucksticks. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to clarify your RfA is not a joke, then you already fucked up.

:idea:

Dickheads.

Oh, and spoiler alert: many people on Wikipedia say stuff before taking the time to familiarise themselves with everything they might need to know to be in a position to comment. Technically (literally?) such sloppiness is a violation of WP:Civility and should really lead to consequences if shown to be persistent and unapologetic.

But you kind of made your beds there, didn't you? Acting like civility was simply about bad words or personal attacks, had consequences. The short term gains, really weren't worth it. Or so it seems from the gallery here. Eric Corbett certainly doesn't care you destroyed your entire foundational ethos just to accommodate his hateful little ass.

The latest person to ask, is this a joke, was of course the situationally challenged rookie Administrator, Lourdes. Maybe you could have spotted her rather obvious flaws at her own RfA and prevented her promotion? Dipshits.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... f=19&t=450

Many editors, particularly those found in and around RexxS circle of friends, often say the Wikipedia community should not be viewed like a professional environment. Is a high tolerance for this sort of farce what they meant by that?

No, but it's funny as fuck to think it. :lol:

Free entertainment. That's you, Wikipediots. Happy belated April Fools. :D

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:48 am

Early days (are people holding out, waiting to see which way it goes?), but it already looks like it might tank. Down to 67% already. Still, we know RexxS already has his excuse prepared. :roll:

As usual, the Wikipedians are proving themselves in dire need either of better ways to research who a person really is, or a better baseline measure of what a good person looks like. Because quite unbelievably, we are seemingly meant to believe these quotes both refer to this one candidate......
rude, combative, arrogant, and has an unhealthy obsession with instigating drama/starting flame wars
Calm, resolute, loyal and empathetic to others.
These aren't randomers either, both those quotes not only come from people who are already Administrators, but ones who are in their own way, hugely influential members of and deeply invested with the movement. The former deletes thousands of images and pages a day, the latter is embedded in countless outreach projects.

There is the usual whining about lack of diffs, but never in my life have I seen a set of diffs that can conclusively prove or disprove such sweeping condemnations or endorsements of character. It is of course quite possible RexxS is both those people, and voters are being coloured only by what they have personally seen or experienced, which is hardly an uncommon flaw of this joke of a process. As others have suggested, it could be that who he is really depends on what he is dealing with (but in his favour at least, not who, unless of course Bishonen has made her views known).

This variability is certainly my recollection. The important point there being, you can still do a lot of good as an editor with that good side, that good not being remotely hampered by your lack of tools. But you can do a hell of a lot of damage with that bad side, if given the power to do so. Especially if your best mate is the prototypical abusive Administrator.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:18 pm

A true Bishonen candidate.....
There's another category of AE actions where I believe it is appropriate for an uninvolved admin to to undo the action: when the enforcement of the AE action conflicts with the community's policies and guidelines.
The real reason Bishonen has always hated AE......
Arbitration enforcement should not be reversed unilaterally: it is not appropriate for an administrator to simply substitute their judgment for another's. Even if the disagreeing administrator believes that the enforcement action was erroneous or mistaken and discussion with the enforcing administrator has not led to a solution, substantial community consensus or Committee permission must be sought before overturning an act explicitly stated to be pursuant to an arbitration remedy.

Passed 8 to 4, 18:54, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
She expects all her courtiers to enforce her policies.

The RfA is tanking, so she must be pretty pissed right now. In typical fashion, she exited stage left as soon as it became clear it was a losing strategy. Only morons like Ritchie stick around to fight such battles.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am

Well, he may not have intended it quite this way, but this RfA has been funny as fuck, and we're only two days in.

There's no way in hell he should not withdraw, even if just to come back with a serious run. But if he wants people to truly understand he does lack the necessary judgement, he can carry on flogging this dead horse.

At 70/50/12, the state of play is clear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =890760269

If I were a bureaucrat, I can only see three opposes that are immediately ignorable for having no reason or a palpably invalid reason (Sir Joseph, Qwirkle and IHTS). But since the nomination statement is a joke, the convention that simple support votes are assumed to be endorsing the nomination has to go out of the window. Conveniently, that also comes to three votes (GogTheMild, SportingFlyer, SS49).

So even after the first pass, the situation is 67/47/12, so RexxS needs another 22 unopposed supports just to scrape into the very bottom of the 65-75% range where as a Bureaucrat I would feel reasonably empowered to start examining actual arguments so I can figure out what is going on.

The situation doesn't get much better even if I were to take the (likely highly controversial) view that for the purposes of assessing the real level of support to determine if he is within the range, I ignored all the opposition that is based solely in this being a joke nomination. That only amounts to seven votes (Softlavender, Reaper Eternal, Chetsford, Anthony Bradbury, Leaky Caldron, Nihlus and Foxnpichu). That only brings him to 62.6% (67/40/12)

It would be a brave bureaucrat to call that in for deliberation as a special case. It would be suicidal to then attempt to find some reason that 40 people essentially arguing he lacks the temperament, can be ignored because supporters think there are worse already in post, or they simply disagree with them.

With temperament established as the key area of disagreement, all I need to do to justify not promoting RexxS, is to point out that his own assessment of his temperament (occasionally "acerbic") carries more weight as a truthful and honest account, than those trying to argue he is merely sometimes a bit "grumpy". I can also use the fact that even though he went into the process with an awareness that he would have to make changes to his approach, by his own admission based on the feedback of the opposes, his own self-awareness of the seriousness of this issue was lacking......
what the last couple of days have clarified in my mind is the degree to which my acerbity can annoy onlookers as much as the intended target. That has given me pause for thought and has also given me some resolve to do better when interacting with those I disagree with.
.....plus it would hardly be a good idea to promote someone who still apparently doesn't appreciate that "annoying" an "intended target" isn't really their purpose as an Administrator, it is merely an unfortunate side-effect of what they are forced to do in upholding policy. As a Bureaucrat, I would be acutely aware that not appreciating that distinction is common in those Administrators who use phrases like "I don't suffer fools gladly", and they almost never prove to be useful assets, given their most difficult task is dispute resolution.

In short, if you're not glad to be tasked with policing disputes that feature an over-abundance of fools, then what the fuck were you even thinking that being a Wikipedia Administrator is the role for you? Which of course brings us to another pretty good reason for no Bureaucrat to stick their neck out for this fool.....
Whether this RfA is successful or not isn't particularly important. I maintain that adminship isn't a big deal, and I've managed perfectly well for over 11 years without the extra tools.
It's about trust. as simple as that. If the community trusts me to use the tools responsibly, then they will grant them; if they don't trust me, then they won't.
If 40 people don't trust you and you don't really need it, then I'd be mad to promote you, right?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Unbelievable.
Need to alert your page stalkers
So...I see you haven't posted a talkpage notice that you have an RfA pending...? How modest of you, but c'mon. Let your friends know! ;) Montanabw(talk) 22:09, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
These are the top three users who have editted RexxS' talk page the most...

1. RexxS
2. Bishonen :roll:
3. Pbsouthwood

Who turned up to vote this morning? Pbsouthwood!

You can probably also attribute Johnbod and Stanton McClandlish voting to Montanabw's alert.

It of course isn't considered canvassing if a user posts a talk page notice of their open RfA themselves, but it seems pretty obvious it is canvassing if someone else does it, especially when doing so to let friends know.

In another indication of his judgement, RexxS has not removed her note, nor has he left it but said he doesn't welcome her act of desperation. He has left it unremarked, evidently happy for others to recruit support for his badly tanking RfA.