'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

'Paddo Vigilant' wrote something - again

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p236818

Paddo Vigilant wrote:Hey Graaf, at least you're not the dumbest guy on Sucks any more...
You've got that going for you, which is nice.
Is giving the court a bad mailing address......

He Vig, heb je aan de paddo's gezeten? Je lult uit je nek man! Hoe kan lomax nu weten dat dit email adres fout was? Omdat de rechtbank hem daarover geïnformeerd heeft natuurlijk daarover! Halve zool dat je bent!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Paddo Vigilant wrote again something.

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 pm

@Vigilant, I found some time to have a look at Reddit where you refer to in you posing, but I think quoting "stare downs" of people without any legal knowledge is complete useless. Because what I read there are just options of not informed people.
I am not familiar with the American legal system, but I asure you in continual Europe WMF would be crumbled. Properly the judge would trough them in jail, because deformation is a crime, just like slander is. And I can't imaging in a country with a good and solide legal system as America this way of handeling is tolerated and allowed.

Just random people picked up from the street who claimed to be wikipedians who are insulting a older man tot op het bot.
I am not familiair with the English Wikipedia except one very bad short experience. But what I read here what Crownest is writing my impression is the English wikipedia is the same chaos as the Dutch Wikipedia. And this impression is strengthens by the fact I was instantly blocked when I posted in a very polite way on Jimbo Wales his user page on the English Wikipedia to share my concerns about the Dutch wikipedia, what has led to a Global Ban and later to my Office ban.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =8&t=10300

WMF with huppelkut Nitwit Katherine Maher and shitty James Alexander can fuck themself with there Global Ban list, Vig. They can put it in a place where it belongs, where the sun never shines.
To be honest I have put complete trollopedia aka wikipedia on my personal Global Ban list. I have kicked all wiki idiots like Bart and Jan out of my mailbox, I don't post in the WMF structure/wikipedia, I hardly look there, it is all complete wikishit.

Look here why:

Ten things you probably didn't know about Wikipedia

I have better things to do in my life. Building a Lehman model railroad for instance. Staters railway, I will later post a picture what for sure will make Madam Gender very happy.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Vigilant wrote:I'm wondering how many people on this list had poorly diagnosed DSM issues.{/quote]

Autism is fairly prevalent among wikipediots. How prevalent is it among the globally banned?

What Is It About Autism and Trains?!

Let me make one thing clear to you, Vigilant, I hate every form of public transport including trains. I really hate bussen and trains and have not travelled with busses and trains over the past 48 years after I got my drivers licence. All my life I have two or three cars. And airplanes I hate too.

I love to traveling by boat and by car, and yes, one time I took the bus and had the flue afterwards and that was the first and last time for me in all these years. What a catastrofe.
If I ever, ever travel to America that will be by boat. There is a line Southampton-America I have found out. A pity De Holland Amerika Line doesn't exist anymore, because I am a train hater and a train is the most practical way to travel to Southampton.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:43 pm

MysteriousStrangerSome wrote:Some of those people, DSM issues or not (and I have a degree in psychology), are just bad human beings. A handful of pedos, guys like Grawp who make graphic threats of murder and rape.

That said...I'd have to imagine there are quite a few autists there as well. Some of them, no doubt, began with good intentions but got off on the wrong foot and were immediately labeled "not of the body" and, not even understanding the situation to begin with, were unable to do anything to change that perception.

Most global bans (not all, but most) are given to individuals who have earned them, but how many local bans started because someone made a rookie mistake and ended up having their reputation ruined for it...or someone corrected them on something and they weren't sufficiently contrite...

Seems to me a fair conclusion, MysteriousStranger. The problem is because WMF refuse to give any reason it is complete unclear who belongs to what group. And it is a global list and in my case every search results with my real name leads to that list, so I have no idea how much it has hurt me. Because it ruins your reputation in this way, that is for sure. Anyway, thanks for you expertise.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:51 pm

The Garbage Scow wrote:Wikipedia is obsessed with these stupid public enemy lists. The one on en-wiki was deleted at MfD some time ago and this one ought to be gone too. It does nothing but agitate those who think they were banned unfairly and provide validation and pleasure for those who get off on getting themselves banned.

The problem is I found many clones in many languages of that Global Ban page, I have no idea where it is stored. It is given free under a CC licence, so it can be copied many times. And for everyones information, because of the massive medical indent I had I am tested by qualified doctors and I am 100% fine. And for me no young lady's please, so no problems in that area. I prefer a bit older lady's with class and style.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Vigilant wrote:I find a bunch of them on that list, like Ottava Rima, who just won't shut the fuck up about whatever their particular hobby horse is on that particular day.

They go on and on and on, wearing out the patience of everyone they meet until they end up banned everywhere.
They seem to delight in seeing their names in type and will reply to even the vaguest mention until the other side succumbs to exhaustion.

It's such a common pattern on wikipedia that I struggle to find a different explanation than raw mental illness.

Nothing better to do than to fuck the algorithms, Vig? Boring.
What shall we say, it is just your opinion, man? The opinion of some shitty Wikipedian on shitty Wikipediocrazy? Your most shitty place on the internet? Just fuck off with your trolling, Vig.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10205&start=50#p236818

Paddo Vigilant wrote:Hey Graaf, at least you're not the dumbest guy on Sucks any more...
You've got that going for you, which is nice.
Is giving the court a bad mailing address......

Vigilant is a troll, been trolling for years, presents himself as a diligent researcher, exposer of pedophiles, and runs with any "evidence" that can be conflated into the story he wants to tell. He's like the Smith brothers, only more bluster and less effective. His avatar and tagline show it all, the metal breastplate and "Witchsmeller pursuivant."

This was about the returned mail. He assumes that I gave a bad address. No. In fact, we don't know what happened. The court called me up and told me the mail had been returned. We went over the address carefully. It was correct. So they mailed it again and I received it.

The case is waiting for the WMF to waive service, if they do, then, my guess, we start talking. Otherwise I'll arrange service of process. If I have to pay for it, it will be about $100. This is serving a registered agent with a regular office, it should be a slam dunk. I don't have the date by which I can do that in mind, but it's soon if not already. I am not in any hurry.

Vigilant claims that "EtherMan" is a corporate attorney. Goes to show, it's hard to find good help. I've known many attorneys, some very well. He has his opinion, which he has made clear, but he has not been retained and is not putting into this what it would take to understand the case. And, anonymous, his opinion is worth what was paid for it.

Etherman's basic idea is that the WMF will bury me in lawyers.

Well, that may be how a corporate attorney would think, where millions of dollars are at stake. But it's very expensive to pile up lawyers, about $300 per hour each. Instead, they could have an intern call me up. Cheap. They will be utterly insane to try to stonewall this, it will get very, very expensive.

If they want to spend a little more, they can retain a local attorney, here, and we could actually meet. But I would recommend written communication first, much more efficient.

Obviously, if I stick with an unreasonable position, they would defend, starting with, I'd expect, a Motion to Dismiss. I have a legal theory which I suspect will allow survival of the case. I was assured by someone legally competent that I could have a case.

Nobody competent will tell a client that results are assured. Stuff happens.

(I am not aware of any applicable precedent on the issue I raise, and EtherMan cited none, just general opinions, i.e, that it is impossible to libel someone with the truth, which sounds right but is severely lacking in imagination. Ah, corporate lawyer, and not a good one.)

But I have not decided on any fixed position as to settlement, and I will probably consult counsel before making any decision. However, using counsel for actual negotiation can be expensive. I have not yet attempted to raise funding for this, but my guess is that the support is out there. If not, eff it. I will see what the court decides. I have done well with every judge I have ever appeared before.

Which is not any guarantee for the future, but an indication.

As with many possibilities, I will not know until I stand for them.

But I am having fun. I could have done it more cheaply, because I'm probably eligible for in forma pauperis status. But I was concerned about a possibility, though I think it not likely, that the California statute of limitations on libel would apply, and it was one year. Otherwise, Massachusetts may apply. Three years. So I pulled the cash out of a drawer and drove to the court and filed. So no more cash in the drawer. So what?

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:
MysteriousStrangerSome wrote:Some of those people, DSM issues or not (and I have a degree in psychology), are just bad human beings. A handful of pedos, guys like Grawp who make graphic threats of murder and rape.

That said...I'd have to imagine there are quite a few autists there as well. Some of them, no doubt, began with good intentions but got off on the wrong foot and were immediately labeled "not of the body" and, not even understanding the situation to begin with, were unable to do anything to change that perception.

Most global bans (not all, but most) are given to individuals who have earned them, but how many local bans started because someone made a rookie mistake and ended up having their reputation ruined for it...or someone corrected them on something and they weren't sufficiently contrite...

Seems to me a fair conclusion, MysteriousStranger. The problem is because WMF refuse to give any reason it is complete unclear who belongs to what group. And it is a global list and in my case every search results with my real name leads to that list, so I have no idea how much it has hurt me. Because it ruins your reputation in this way, that is for sure. Anyway, thanks for you expertise.

My opinion, Graaf, you may have a cause of action. They will argue (with some justification, though it is not necessarily adequate) that they must keep all details confidential, to avoid two harms: possible retaliation against complainants, and possible libel actions against them. However, they publish the ban, which is completely unnecessary. It does not protect their users and complainants, and it is not necessary to create a ban.

That publication is a libel. The primitive argument of Etherman is that it is "true." I.e. there is a ban, so they are merely announcing the truth. But the rarity of such bans and the context creates a ready interpretation that the banned user must have done something Really Bad, and that, in fact, is how the ban has been used, in my case. If they really investigated, they would know that there were complainants intent on that. But what they know, I don't know, I don't know how carefully they investigated. The lack of any review or appeal process was designed to save them money, not to protect users.

Legally they have the right to ban, but not necessarily to publish it. This is not a news organization publishing fact that the news organization did not create and does not control.

It is possible that my action will be amended to include additional plaintiffs. Anyone interested, please contact me privately.

One person was banned who did not even have an account, and it was announced by real name, to the public. When there was some discussion of this a year ago, he thought that he might not have had "clean hands," but it would not be necessary to be free of any offense to have been harmed by WMF action. I am not going to discuss what they could do differently at this point, I am merely pointing out that what they do is unconscionable and unnecessary for any legitimate purpose.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:46 pm

[quote="Graaf Statler"][quote="MysteriousStrangerSome"]
This was from an unidentified thread. It is List of globally banned users

There is mention there of Ottava Rima. Vigilant is very sloppy. Ottava Rima is not banned, that page lists unsuccessful community ban discussions. Ottava is not even blocked on any wiki except Commons.

Vigilant adds to the impression that if someone is banned, they must be Really Bad or Seriously Crazy.

Vigilant is an example of the mess created by allowing full rein to anonymous trolls. Yes, there is a place for allowing anonymity, but when the anonymous can ban (or create star chamber process or defamation campaigns) against real people, it has gone way too far.