Guardian crap thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Guardian crap thread

Post by ericbarbour » Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Ha ha ha, that famously leftist newspaper (founded to "promote liberal journalism" and having a trust to keep it afloat) MADE A PROFIT. Unthinkable!

https://www.niemanlab.org/2019/05/want- ... y-anymore/

The best part:
It’s the sort of institution of which Wikipedia can note “The Guardian has been consistently loss-making” and there’s not even a [citation needed].

If the mighty Josh Benton (who has a miserable Wikipedia bio, created for him by an account that sure looks like a possible Nieman Foundation employee) had bothered to look more closely, he'd have discovered Jimbo's brief membership on The Guardian's board of directors, and his exit. Perhaps even might have noted the irony. Not like it's a "seekret" or anything.

Stierlitz
Sucks Admin

Re: Guardian crap thread

Post by Stierlitz » Fri May 03, 2019 2:48 am

I have to mention the quasi-Wikipedia Sucks! of the Grauniad, a blog-website called Off Guardian. Formed by people whose comments were deleted from the "Comment is Free" section, it's grown into a variation of Consortium News (link to CN here) over the last few years. I found it through Lobster magazine (link here), which is also a small British publication.
A sockpuppet of Strelnikov, without NOW with the Admin powers of Strelnikov.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri May 03, 2019 4:24 am

There's almost 50,000 links from Wikipedia to guardian.co.uk.

As the article says, it clearly pays to have an identifiable ideology.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 am

Stierlitz wrote:I have to mention the quasi-Wikipedia Sucks! of the Grauniad, a blog-website called Off Guardian. Formed by people whose comments were deleted from the "Comment is Free" section, it's grown into a variation of Consortium News (link to CN here) over the last few years. I found it through Lobster magazine (link here), which is also a small British publication.

If anyone has an account on Off Guardian, tell them about this forum. We should share the horror stories.