And again on Jimbotalk

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

And again on Jimbotalk

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat May 11, 2019 12:27 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... _half_hour

Quite separately from this, I have thought for a long time that we should, as a community, have more robust and more widely used templates placed on our own editorial judgment in places where directing people to help could be a humanitarian kindness. We should absolutely never let some kind of juvenile instinct of "you can't tell us what to do" stand in the way of doing something that we should do. Our goals should always be much loftier than "we aren't breaking the law".--Jimbo Wales (talk) 08:23, 7 May 2019 (UTC)

There is only one problem Jimmy. A problem where I tried to warn for from 2009 on.

Pirate Wnt wrote:the UK is not welcome to come here and tell us what to censor, even if they ask nicely.

European governments don't ask things in a nice way Wnt. And they don't allow people to break law's, they just trough them in jail at the end.

And although Frans Timmerman who want to be the successor of Juncker next month is now making a roadshow to tell how important Europe is and how important the coming elections are we all know better. We Europeans know dammed well we are living in a old style east communistic country with a friendly face. No, my state will not throw me in jail of torture me, but they know anything from me. Where I shop, what my political preferences are, what medicines I use, if I am a risk, anything! And they simple will not allowed you to do this. Because it is against the law.
And it is a extreme unequal battle. Because a state can arrest you, put someone in prison, can put any webside they want on black, and can even put digital glyfosaat over your project if you don't listen to them.

Digital poison as GDPR, Article 11 and 13/17 and a lot more for wikipedia unpleasant stuff. Slow killing stuff. And that was the reason I said, lets create free source content in that time, in 2009. And I have explained on Dysk his Discord why it was a so much better idea to liberate bicycles and remix them than "free" sourse stuff. Just because of this old almost byzantine European country's legal systems and laws.
So let no one every see I am a against free source material, Jimmy, far from. I only claimed it was simple a extreme bad idea the way you and your friends wanted to generate that free source stuff. And I was all the time complete right and Wnt is just a complete idiot.

You simple have listened to the wrong people Jimmy. I don't blame you bad faith, only nativity.

(Thanks for the inspiration, sashi)

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: And again on Jimbotalk

Post by sashi » Sat May 11, 2019 2:38 pm

i see u saw i met an Elvis (godking) impersonator. I'm feeling ever-so-slightly glyposhatupon. I shouldn't be so sensitive. :roll:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat May 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Anyway, you get all the credits for the best description of European politics ever, Sashi! In one word brilliant! Glyfosaat! Roundup. That is European politics!
I know you are originally an American, but your knowledge from the Deep State of Europe is impressive! Bravo!

What do you think Sashi, will Frans Timmermans make it? Because the problem is of course he is from origine PVDA, PES in Europe. And they are not doing well, but he is populair. And he is the second man at the moment. I hope so!
Would it not be great? Dutch proud? Drmies one of the most important Wikipedians and Timmermans President of the European Commission?
Jimmy have met him already, here have look, he is standing next to him.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat May 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Pirate Wnt wrote:the UK is not welcome to come here and tell us what to censor, even if they ask nicely.
And there was me thinking we had a special relationship. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to do what the Germans did and use a domestic law then. That thing that gets made by the people you just flipped the bird to.

HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, BEEEEAATCH?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat May 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Of course! But they are so incredible stupid they think they are protected by there lousy Terms of Use. What they are not as showed indeed in Germany.
They are simple not able to understand any protection and the jurisdiction of the American legal system stops at the American border. And there is no any difference if you send a container to England, or put content on the internet.

At the moment something enters the English jurisdiction it is under English law, both the container what entered the harbour and content on the internet.
That's the reason many American websites are blocked in the EU. Because at the moment something is visible in the EU they can be hit by both local en EU laws.

Here is example what can happen. (Dutch). A Dutch hacker who ended up in a American prison. He had never been in Amerika, and appears he is not the only European guy in that prison. Also arrested in Europe, Denmark and strait to the states.
Why? Because the Dutch guy had entered from Holland, Spijkernissen the American jurisdiction with his computer.
Vigilant was thinking it was not true what I told, well, here it is evidence. These are international contracts between countries what makes this possible. Wikipedia is extreem tricky.

And use a robot to read his horror story, he has written a book about his experiences. He got 12 years in prison but he was so lucky he could return. But visa versa is that a poor idea if I read his experiences in a American prison.