Dutch approach to fight COVID-19

For discussion of nl.wikipedia.org
Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Dutch approach to fight COVID-19

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Here is a article about the way Holland is fighting the virus.
It has a world wide attention, some say it is genius, other it is madness.

Judge yourself!

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/03/c ... -answered/

The plan was announced by our minster president on Television. The key word, herd immunity.

"Vaccinate" 60 till 70% of the population by letting them get ill. In groups what can handled the virus, group by group.
So you health care doesn't break down, and the elder and weak are protected bij the herd immunity.

Seems briljant, let's see how it works out.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: Dutch approach to fight COVID-19

Post by Abd » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 pm

The page linked does not mention the idea. It's attracted the attention of the Vilignat. It's actually a complex issue, beyond his pay grade. Way beyond.

It could work, but whether or not it would be better than slowing the infection rate for everyone would require some careful analysis, if there is actually enough data. Herd immunity is a thing, it does protect those not immune.

This idea would require strict isolation of the vulnerable population, measures like providing home delivery of essentials, etc., for a time.

Eventually, we will all be exposed, but the public health issue is the rate, so that hospitals are not overwhelmed with life-threatening cases, and also delay until there is a vaccine and treatments.

I just put my mail into my toaster oven set for over 60 C, before opening it. Probably overkill, but so what? Kinda fun. It's one of the only ways that the virus could find its way into my home, even though not likely at all. It would probably take an infected carrier.

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:54 pm

He is getting extreem boring at the moment, so thanks for the summery, Abd.
All his rants are one never ending monologue of the same, extreem unintelligent bullshit based on nothing.
It could work, but whether or not it would be better than slowing the infection rate for everyone would require some careful analysis, if there is actually enough data. Herd immunity is a thing, it does protect those not immune.
it can only work with a extreem disciplined population like the Dutch who are used to obey there government.
Yesterday our prime minster explained what the plans where, (English link) we got our orders, and everybody did what was asked.
All restaurants and bars and so on where closed in 30 minutes.

And in this way with moderating with messages they want to keep the epidemic controllable.
They expect the comming weeks a high, and then a drop.
At that moment they will lift partly the messenges, and old and/or weak people must stay as much home as possible.

Speech Mark Rutten in English.

Holland is a very a-political county and a expert country.
I really hope it works out!

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Mister Jake wrote:...so what happens is, they walk into caves (looking for grubs and what-not), where bats poop on them, and the poop gets down in-between the scales. That would be fine, except that there are still a few in China who believe that things like pangolin scales and rhino horns and elephant tusks and other parts of various endangered species are either medicinal, or worse, aphrodisiacs, or even just fun to make jewelry with. So basically, people kill the pangolins, rip their bat-poop-infested scales off, and sell them to Chinese, Vietnamese, etc., black marketers — who then powder the scales (without bothering to wash them, natch) and sell them on the street.

Like I said earlier, it's considered racist now to blame the Chinese for starting epidemics because of things like this, and I can understand that, because roughly 99.9% of Chinese people are decent, rational, intelligent, and hygienic, or at least as much so as anyone else. But the fact remains, they've got to crack down on the other 0.1% people who trade in this stuff, because it's criminal and the people involved in it, at every level including consumption, are criminals. You'd hope they wouldn't have to resort to capital punishment to stop them, because that 0.1% of the Chinese population still represents well over a million people, but this is the year 2020 and there's just no excuse for this anymore. Somehow it has to be stopped, immediately.
So see yourself what a misery a few fucking idiots with criminal behaving can cause, mister Jake.

Even worser than the whole Corona crises, because only a few older people with heart issues and other medical issues like me and my woman have in general a change to die, the younger people not.
But destroying the complete knowledge ecology with this complete irresponsible behaving has cause damaged for the next generations and generations is ander koek, as we say in Holland.
Different cookies, we are weird peeps with weird expressions, we Dutchies.

And the funny thing is, me as a person with a potential dead penalty can see it as a joke, the principe is the same.
Starting a epidemics with bots to make a few greens and infecting the whole wide world.
Because that has happend, mister Jake.

So, who are the biggest criminals, that people who were trading on that wet markets, or the brave wiki top?

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Yeh, mister Vigilant, that is our endless hospitality. We send even a female pilote to pick such guys up as you can hear.
A professional lady of course, not a some chapter chair destroyer.

Yeh, we know here how to beat the gender gap, sir.
We simple don't need the help of a shitty foundation out of a country whit a president we feel sorry for.

Yes, we really feel sorry for you Americans. If you see how professional our government acts and yours is my advice change Washington in a powerless EU.

And make a nice couple your king and queen of America.

And just do me and yourself a favour and just fuck of here out of Holland, we have other things on our mind now.

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 pm

I will tell later about that approach Vig.
But there have been this afternoon a long debate in the house of parlement what I first want to analyse myself.

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Minister Bruins is just collapsed during the debat.

Not clear if it is corona still.

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-coronavirus/l ... ~abf819ed/

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:08 pm

He is OK, he is only overtired.

Good news! Yes, these people work really day and night now.

https://twitter.com/bruno_bruins/status ... 1581775873

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:27 pm

Here, Vig you wanted to tell me more about it.
Use Google translate and read it.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/duizend-of ... na-volgend

These are the experts.

As you can see they simple don't know how it ends up till the end of April.

And will you NOW be so kind to keep that gender data sausages with you and put them for the rest in your American ass? Or in your friend Alexander his ass?
Because for sure he will enjoy that much more than that nice kiss on his little willy of Chelsea.

And be careful with all that little cute wiki kittens, because if they are grown up cats they are fantastic hunters!

There is disaster going on worldwide, Vig.
No fucking wikishit anymore please.

Thanks!

Graaf Statler
Sucks Fanatic

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 pm

The promised update and news in sort.

*The herd immunity is not the aim, because that can cost years, but a herd immunity is not the aim. We hope for the whole world there is sooner a vaccin.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/03/m ... ays-rutte/

*The Bloedbank, blood bank is going to test blood on antibody's.

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/landelijke ... ae8f611a/

We expect 500 till 1000 persons next week on the IC. (Population Holland: 17.500.000)

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-coronavirus/l ... ~a3523299/

*Last numbers RVIM. 18 doden, 81 hospitalisations. 19 march 2020.)

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achter ... ~bb0b0c9e/

*Minster Bruins who collapsed yesterday in the house of parliaments is ok, but sty a few days home.

https://www.ad.nl/politiek/minister-bru ... ~a4b79445/

*The good news: According our prime minster we all can shit the coming 10 years. :mrgreen:

https://www.geenstijl.nl/5152480/mark-r ... ar-poepen/
(People in a supermarket ask him if he has enough toilet paper himself at home, he is joking back and say there is enough, we still can ten years poepen.)
(Readers warning, GeenStijl is a extreem cynical populair right wing biased hardly censored side. Rumour: There hobby, trolling Wikipedia-NL.) :o

It is now extreem silent in the streets, no one is outside, but the situation is a s far as possible good onder control.
75% of the population has the impression the government is doing a very good job.