View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
The cowards of Wikipediocracy 

To be honest, I think they did a experiment, but it didn't work out because it became the place to be for complete wiki fools. A space where they were as free as on wikipedia, and a place what was safe for them to tell as much wikishit as they wanted. And because Jack gave me in a very friendly way acces without any restrictions, (only some useful advice), I am shur it wasn't what they wanted because in that way there critical forum had changed in one big joke! It was the Village pump in the square at the end, yes really it was, and was no place anymore for any critic.

But lets look forward, and what your role was is hard to say Crow, although I am sure you played a roll in that proces. But that doesn't have to be negative, it can als be a eyeopener. Anyway, I prefer myself to criticise in a other style in the future, but I like your hard way style too.

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:43 am

CrowsNest wrote:
[...] one of the main purposes of this board is to point out why many Wikipedia critics suck [...].

Thanks for the explanation.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:27 am

OK, lets end this endless discussion. But I think we must start to criticise the wiki system in a more technical way. Because, many people, users have no idea of the structures of WMF. Have no idea of the rather strange functioning of the European politic. Don't know there doesn't exist a European copyright law.
Have no idea how Arbcom is working, with no hear and be heard. People simply don't know! They don't know all the dirty games, they don't know about the astroturfing, the dirty stewards on Meta, the SanFanBan given by the most poor sysop ever, I love cheeseburgers James Alexander.

We must tell them about the tower of Babylon WMF, with a complete incompetent staf. But maybe, maybe, we must indeed change a bit our tune. I mean, as a advice, not as a rule. Leaving a bit our personal frustration behind us. Not at once, but with baby steps....

. Image
.Winner of
The SanBan

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8