Sarah Stierch, because she's still at it

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Sarah Stierch, because she's still at it

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Northern California is suffering from massive wildfires and filthy air, and Sarah, bless her petty little attention-chasing heart, turns it into an insipid fashion statement. And her Wikipedia friends on Twitter still love her.

That woman is just incredible. Like Kanye West or Alex Jones, she can post the most pathetic self-serving nonsense online, fall into a pit of excrement (or a burning forest), and pop up smelling like a daisy.
Stierchandhermask.jpg
Stierchandhermask.jpg (62.94 KiB) Viewed 4034 times

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Re: Sarah Stierch, because she's still at it

Post by AndrewForson » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:11 pm

She has a business to run, and all publicity is good publicity. Just like a well-known pretend encyclopaedia, really.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:54 am

For reference: remember, this is the same woman who edited Wikipedia badly, talked her friends into making her an administrator, served as a "Wikipedian-In-Residence", talked her friends into creating a Wikipedia biography of her (despite her total non-notability), had her bio posted on the front page of Wikipedia, and was then hired by the Wikimedia Foundation.

And was fired two years later when it was revealed that she had been editing Wikipedia content for paying customers. Soon after, her Wikipedia biography, defended by Wikipedia insiders like crazy, disappeared.

http://wikipediocracy.com/2014/01/16/fr ... rch-story/

Can't make this shit up. And yes, she is still performing obvious paid editing....although in the past week she has tried to cover it up by grinding articles about the wildfires....
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... t=Missvain
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 am

Exactly ... using Wikipedia and the WMF to further her own business interests and make money. Just like lots of other people from Jimmy Wales onward. She uses Twitter to do the same. Just like lots of other people. Why so surprised?

You seem to be under the impression that Wikipedia is a project to build an encyclopadia and that the WMF is a charity to support it. Neither of these are true, and arguable never were true. Wikipedia is an online game which supports the claims that the WMF make i order to garner very large sums of money which they then spend on their own pet projects and on themselves. Various people have fallen off that gravy train over the years, and Sarah Stierch is one of them. But why concentrate on her?

It's the corruption in the Foundation that is worth writing about.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:10 pm

AndrewForson wrote:You seem to be under the impression that Wikipedia is a project to build an encyclopadia and that the WMF is a charity to support it.
Really? You can't be unaware to you are talking to?

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm talking to someone who thinks that one rather minor former figure in the corruptly mismanaged world of Wikimedia is worth mocking because she posts a selfie on Twitter promoting one of the things she's in business to promote, just like half the advertising merchants in the US. Is there any reason to suppose that she's worth wasting electrons on?

Who do you think you're talking to?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:15 pm

AndrewForson wrote:I'm talking to someone who thinks that one rather minor former figure in the corruptly mismanaged world of Wikimedia is worth mocking because she posts a selfie on Twitter promoting one of the things she's in business to promote, just like half the advertising merchants in the US. Is there any reason to suppose that she's worth wasting electrons on?

Who do you think you're talking to?
I'm talking to a guy who basically just told Eric he doesn't know shit about Wikipedia, on his own forum dedicated to criticising Wikipedia. If you don't know his history as a long time critic, which seems inconceivable, go look it up, and start drafting an apology, because whether intentional or not, your statement about what he seems to believe, is patent nonsense.

Stierch is fair game. Eric has made it clear why she was a significant player, why her case is relevant, and why she isn't to be afforded the luxury just yet, of being forgotten. We are in the Accountability business, not the Forgive And Forget business. Myself, and I'm sure Eric agrees, I'm perfectly happy to cut breaks for those people who change, disengage, go off and be or do something different.

You can quibble his specific post, this forum isn't Wikipediocracy so I'm sure that will be allowed. But you went further. There is a line, I'm sure, and maybe Eric will let you say far worse about him before he feels it is crossed, but this shit wouldn't fly if directed at me. I wouldn't ban you for it, but you would certainly be spending the next day or so in the situation you've been before, having to evade, deflect and generally piss about, anything to avoid apologising or even admitting an error. It isn't a good look.

AndrewForson
Sucks Critic

Post by AndrewForson » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Thank you for explaining that Eric could not possibly have implied what he seemed to be implying because he's the site owner and hence immune from expressing himself unclearly or being gently chided by other contributors to his forum. I'm sure Eric will be only to pleased to know that you are here to defend him from the slightest imputation that he might have said something that someone else might disagree with.

I'm not suggesting that Ms Stierch be forgiven-and-forgotten: I'm suggesting that there are far more important live issues to contend with. Carry on mocking people for advertising themselves on Twitter if you wish -- I wouldn't ban you for that either, thought there are about 335 million of them, and the forum may not have capacity for you to deak with them all. But casually discussing the banhammer for people you don't happen to agree with -- that's also not such a good look.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 pm

OK, hold it - Mr. Barbour doesn't run the site, that's suckadmin, and it's his server.

You two need to calm down - Wikipedia is to the Internet what the USS Constellation was to '60s Star Trek; a wrecked starship with a dead crew, and Jimbo is doing his best William Windom-as-Commodore Matt Decker impression.

We will be speaking of Wikipedia like we do Pets.com in less than a decade, mark my words.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Perfectly calm S. ;) More bored than anything. Didn't mean to imply Eric owns or run the place, just pointing out how disrespectful it was to basically insult him on his home turf, in a way that was inconceivably careless to me. The reply is sadly in keeping with Andrew's modus operandi. It isn't worth pursuing further, he'll keep this up for hours, if not days. The point has been made, the narrative/chronology is clear to all, whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not. Eric can of course speak for himself. It doesn't mean I cannot, or should not, if I see the need.